Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product smells lovely and soaks into my lips. I did notice that it makes dead skin more apparent but it softens it so I can run the dead cells right off leaving soft, smooth lips ready for lipstick. I use this before matte lipsticks, rub off the sloughed skin and walah!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I HATE waxy, greasy lip balms that just sit on my lips. They don't make my lips any softer, they just feel greasy and heavy, and I almost always end up wiping them off after 5 minutes, and then searching for something else to put on my lips - and most of the time, this ends up being a bit of hand cream or lotion. So, naturally, I love this product. If you're used to heavier balms and need that oiliness/waxiness to feel like your lips are actually being moisturized, you won't like this balm. But as it soaks into my lips, my lips just feel soft and almost plumped. I love the little tube, and the flavor is nice - nothing at all like the standard Carmex scent/flavor.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This sounded so promising- I am one of those Carmex addicts, but was looking for something that was just an everyday balm. The scent is lovely- I can't believe it's Carmex! BUT- as others have said, it is the consistency of lotion- and that's not a good thing. There's a reason I don't use my hand cream on my lips unless it's an emergency- the consistency is just too weird and unnatural on lips!

On one hand, it soaks right into your skin, leaving no moisturizing stuff leftover. On the other hand, what it DOES leave behind is this chalky white color that actually accentuates all of the flakes on my lips.

What they should have done was kept the exact consistency of the tube version of the medicated Carmex and just taken out the medicated aspect of it. The smell is great- but it's just unusable for me. I threw it away after maybe 10 uses.

on 3/16/2013 11:24:00 PM

Got this at Walgreens for $1.79 and also got a free mini tube of Carmex lotion with it.

Pros: - Smells lovely, like an orange Creamsicle, very subtle but tasty.
- Feels silky and soft on the lips like lotion, so it slips and doesn't feel sticky.
- Sinks in well and moisturizes for 5 hours through some drinking.
- No sunscreen, which I like because I hate the smell of it.
- Cute little tube and easily portable.

Cons: - As mentioned below, it leaves a slight white cast on the lips, but it can be rubbed away easily and since I wear this mostly at night and at home, it doesn't bother me at all.
- I feel like you get very little product for your money. Granted, you don't use much, but still.

I enjoy using this product and would repurchase, though maybe next time with a coupon.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This feels like gross lotion on the lips. I am a fan of Carmex's other products, though.

I love everything about this EXCEPT the actual product. The tube is adorable, love the unique orange flavor. The balm itself is so gross. Its dry and white and makes my lips worse. It should be made to more of a consistency of the original Carmex, not this royal-icing crap. Don't waste your dollars.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought I would try it, since it's 1) Carmex, which is allegedly a miracle worker, and 2) dirt cheap. It's not a bad product, but I don't think I would buy it again. I had mixed feelings...
- The texture is similar to a thick body lotion, which kind of reminds me of the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment and Neosporin Lip Health formulas (good). The product goes on smoothly, but does leave a slight white residue if you apply too much or don't rub it in long enough (bad).
- It absorbs almost instantly, but as it dries, my lips feel like they are shriveling up. I constantly feel like I need to reapply something while it's drying. My lips ARE a bit softer when it's fully absorbed (good), but they don't feel protected at all...if I breathed through my mouth for too long, I think my lips would be snowing crust flakes (bad).
- My lips looked completely matte after application - not "dewy" or "healthy" or whatever....somehow, a little more matte than before I applied anything. Weird? This may be a good thing for men...
- The smell/taste is almost identical to an orange creamsicle...and it fades within minutes. The smell is one of the main things I liked about this product.
- The packaging is more hygienic than a tub or twist-up stick, so bonus points for Carmex on that one.
I will keep using this product until it's gone, but mainly for the smell/taste...and probably under a less tasty lip treatment. For less than $2, it wasn't a bad buy...but I think I would just prefer more time-tested products, like the Blistex ointment I mentioned above. Or plain Vaseline after I brush my teeth at night.

Popular Lip Treatments