4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Love this polish! I bought it when it first came out but forgot about it till today. Having applied it just now, I really can't imagine how! First off, this polish is impossible to photograph! I've just taken a few pics and they all look pretty boring - sort of gunmetal with silver shimmer. In real life, it's more petrol blue with micro glitter in all different colours. I can see silver, gold, and blue. Maybe even a little copper in some lights. Absolutely gorgeous. It does need three coats but it's not gloopy or anything. Can't comment on the staying power but nothing stays on my nails for more than 2-3 days normally. I think this is a versatile colour appropriate for work or play - the glitter isn't in your face and just adds interest. As ever, the packaging is fine although I wish the brush was curved at the end as it is a little too wide for my smaller fingers!

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

This ticks all the boxes for me. It's a medium dark, cool-toned, dense, micro-glitter. Overall colour is a sort of charcoal-green-blue, but that changes with the lighting. Also visible are multi-coloured micro-glitters in pink, gold,silver, blue, green, and probably a couple of other colours, as well. I think I'd call this "glittery gunmetal" if I were naming it. :) Application is okay, though I did find it slightly on the "flows fast" side. Streaky on first coat, totally opaque on second. Removal is straightforward, other than tending to get lots of microgitter all over the place (it washes off with soap, water, and a nail brush). DUPE ALERT! When I was sorting through my stash recently, I discovered a bottle of Covergirl Midnight Magic, which I had bought on a whim at the grocery store and not really worn. As it turns out, it's almost a near-perfect dupe for OHMSS! Midnight Magic might be very slightly more pigmented, but they're so similar I think most people would call them dupes. So, hey, if you like the sounds of OHMMS and don't want to spend OPI bucks on it, try the Covergirl Midnight Magic. EDIT: I also just did a Google search and found out that Zoya Fei Fei is also a dupe for OHMSS and Midnight Magic.

About reviewer (301 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Other

7 years ago

I love this color! Depending on what you're wearing & the lighting, it picks up different colors. Lots of blue & green iridescence to it, but can also look like shimmery charcoal with gold flecks. I always get tons of compliments when I wear this color & because it does tend to pick up whatever color you're wearing, it can go with a lot of different outfits. I love this color so much I even bought a second one. The only negative is that although you get good coverage with two coats, three are needed to get the optimal result, so I took off a lippie for that.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I debated to give this lacquer one less lippy because of the sheerness to the 1st coat I applied, but then went w/ 5 lippy's b/c this lacquer really is exquisite when the finished project has been achieved. This shade was quite a surprise & one of my absolute favorite's from this collection. I admit I like the name b/c it gives this lacquer an air of elegance & sophistication to it being called, On Her Majesty's Secret Service & since Opi has recently raised their prices, this bottle is a little piece of royalty. I've said this in my previous reviews, but I don't mind paying a higher price for something as long as it's a long lasting, beautiful, quality product & pound for pound Opi comes through majority of the time for me. Although this shade isn't typically considered unique, this lacquer's a must for all lacquer lovers & collectors out there like myself. This shade is versatile, modern, fashion forward & hip yet also being elegant, clean & sophisticated to make this one big lacquer in a little bottle. This is a gunmetal grey shade which I love & this lacquer's so popular & w/ great reason! This gorgeous gunmetal grey lacquer's loaded w/ microfine glitter & is so shimmery that it's breathtaking! The 1st coat I applied was a bit sheer for my liking, but after a total of 3 coats applied, plus 1 coat of Opi's Natural Nail Care Treatment later, I was loving the look on my nails! I know lacquer's are always different & varies depending upon many factors from skin tone, natural & artificial light, etc. so this polish is going to vary on whoever wears it. Although the main color is a deep charcoal/gun metal grey on my nails there's also forest/spruce green w/ a tad of cobalt/midnight blue as the predominant hue on my nails. This lacquer's complexity is a work of art! The glitter isn't big, clunky or chunky so it's highly refined but it also has an edgy, sexy yet elegant & sophisticated appeal. This lacquer's color varies depending upon the light, artificial or natural, from gunmetal grey to foresty/greenish/grey to navy bluish/grey hues while microfine glitter shimmer intermingle in a perfect balance of purples, greens, blues, pinks & gold. Although this combination sounds busy & crowded w/ so many colors intermingled, it pulls together perfectly to be one of the most beautiful lacquers in this collection!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Wow, I couldn't stop staring at my nails when this was on. I got a TON of compliments at work about this polish - people remarked that it's really pretty and sparkly but from even a short distance it's quite appropriate for all but the most conservative of offices since it's surprisingly neutral, although up close it's very complex and beautiful.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Sprite26 got her review "spot-on", as a Brit might quip. I got this over Dare-to-wear's Angel from above - a pale blue - as a GEL mani and it looks edgy and cool - blue/silver/gray metallic with loads of small glitter. As a gel it is long lasting - not sure about as a traditional lacquer. LOVE it thus far.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

What a beautiful nail polish! The application is easy and even, it's long-wearing, and the color is amazing. Depending on the light, it varies from light soft shimmery grey, to deep, wet greenish-bluish grey. One of my favorite colors this winter.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

As others have said, this polish is part of the Skyfall collection. It is a complex micro-shimmer bottle of understated awesomeness. Superlatives aside, it comes off as a shimmery navy polish with green, more blue, purple and gold shimmer particles. It is very similar to Zoya’s Fei Fei but to be honest, the shimmer flakes are slightly larger in this one and therefore prettier to me. Of course from far away, since no one is super-eyeballing each other’s nails, they look pretty much the same. Opaque in two coats (maybe three thin coats) and goes on very nicely.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

7 years ago

Just got this color today and couldn't wait to give it a try. OMG this color is soooo pretty! It looks mostly like a glittery charcoal gray and then other times it has a tinge of green but not a lot. I love love love this color! I have bought and tried about half of the James Bond colors and so far this one and The World is Not Enough are probably my two favorites from this collection (that I've tried).

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I loved the Skyfall collection when I saw it online, but On Her Majesty's Secret Service is the color that called to me the most in person. At first glance it just looks like a deep, shimmery green, but it's loaded with blue and gold micro glitter that makes it really pop. The consistency is thin, and I was wary at first application, but with 3 even coats it's opaque and doesn't feel goopy. Very little chipping (with base & topcoat) after several days. It looks brighter/darker depending on the light. Definitely a stare-at-your-nails color!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm