Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer
Flawless Beauty Primer

2.6

Very greasy and oily texture. Moisturizing so it may be good for super dry skin. Does not serve its' purpose as a "primer" though. Leaves skin feeling slick. Doesn't have that dryer, silicone texture that Smashbox or most other primers have. This would be a good highlighter though. A slick, oil shine and lots of shimmer throughout.

This primer is the best if you have normal to dry skin types. My skin is on the drier side but not 100% there's just no sheen to my face at all and I like a more dewy glow. I have used many different primers but they all dry to a more matte finish and make my problem with dullness worse. I read about Pixi's Flawless Beauty Primer on the budget beauty blog and decided to buy the small sample size at Target (it was just under $10 I think). It has a beautiful pink bronze color to it and it warms up my cooler skintone without being orange or anything like that. There's some shimmer in it which is why I wouldn't wear this alone even though the packaging says you can. Under foundation, this breathes new life into my skin and makes it look dewy and radiant! This is my HG foundation primer and I can't believe it has such a low rating on here. After reading some of the reviews though, I can see that alot of the people who didn't like it have oily skin and that's no surprise. IF you have drier skin, you will love what this does for you!!!

on 4/3/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I understand this product isn't for everyone, especially for people with oily skin. As I have normal to dry, this primer actually appeals to me. It gives me a healthy glow which doesn't make me look greasy. It works just as well on its own or under my daily tinted moisturiser. Would repurchase any time it finishes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The absolute worst primer I have ever had the misfortune of using. I can not stand this primer! First of all, it's very thick and hard to spread out across your face. It is reminiscent of sunblock, but thicker in texture - it even SMELLS like sunblock! It is tinted in color - about a light and shimmery tan. It did not blend in well at all. This primer has a bunch of shimmer - and boy, is it noticeable! I could see this as being a good highlighter for a person with an olive or darker skin complexion, but as a paler person in the winter months, this tinted my skin too much. I applied my foundation and this did not mix well with my foundation. It was clear that my face was full shade or two darker than my neck. The worst part? This primer made me look GREASY and OILY all day long. I wasn't actually oily, but due to the intense shimmer of the product, I had a very noticeable sheen to my face. Overall, this product is absolutely terrible and I would NOT repurchase or even recommend to a friend. Ever.

on 12/5/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer is fantastic - it makes my foundation stay on longer and looking more naturally flawless. It really makes your skin glow!

This doesn't work as a primer, however it's a good highlighter! I add it to the tops of my cheeks and the center of my chin. It doesn't really help for anything else.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this primer! It has shimmer in it so it makes your skin luminous but not greasy. It has vitamin A and E, and does not make me break out. I thought it was a bit expensive but was worth it. Previously I have tried Givenchy Mr Matte, which was also a good product, but it was near $40 for a small amount. This product gives you plenty plus it was only $22 at Target.

on 9/3/2014 11:05:00 PM

if u have combo or oily skin u better use nothing than using this primer. got it in my ipsy bag as well n wanted to love it but couldnt
im not someone who needs to powder during the day
but with this primer i had too n my face started to look cacky
not to mention who sticky it is even after putting all your makeup n powder

just skip it i cannot see it being good for anyone
n i m not someone who mind dewyness but that made me a greasy mess

on 8/4/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Did not work well as a primer at all. Did not like shimmer. Actually made me feel more oily. Will not repurchase.

on 6/29/2014 9:14:00 AM

I got a large sample of this in my ipsy bag, but have not really put it to good use for a few reasons.

1. I find that this is a pinky-peachy color (not clear or skin-colored as I was expecting from a primer.) It blends out colorless, but I still do not understand why it is so pink in the tube.

2. There is a bit of shimmer in this product, which does not exactly scream subtle. I can see a little bit once I blend it out. No big deal, but not my go-to product.

3. Finally, and most importantly, this left my face feeling sticky and kind of gunky. I did not like the texture of this product on my face at all.

I will probably try to repurpose this into something else, but so far, no luck.