OPI The Spy Who Loved Me

OPI The Spy Who Loved Me

4.8

on 2/25/2016 1:20:00 PM

WOW! There are a million red polishes out there but this one is really something special.

The Spy Who Loved Me is from OPI's 2012 Skyfall Collection. It is discontinued but still available online from Amazon, Ebay, etc. It's worth tracking down.

This is a bright, vivid crimson jelly that's shot through with golden microshimmer. This polish GLOWS on the nail. It's so beautiful! The shade looks amazing and the formula is TO DIE FOR. Smooth, smooth, smooth.

I cannot recommend this one enough. It is a new favorite for me. I love red polishes and I am picky about them. This is one that I'd definitely buy again. LOVE!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

although this color is discontinued, it is worth paying the extra price to find it on ebay! This shade is insanely gorgeous with its rich, brilliant red and slight gold shimmery effect. Romantic, sexy, and stunning, this OPI true red shade is the absolute best!!!

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/26/2014 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Stunning, warm red with a golden shimmer. It has a retro feel, reminds me of 50's glam, Sean Connery's James Bond and I absolutely love it. The aplication is good, two coats and top coat and you're ready to go

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a stunning bright red with shimmer. In the bottle, this polish is bright red and has a strong gold edge; on the nail, it's much more of a clear, bright red, but it does have a slight gold iridescent finish and the shimmer has a gold edge to it, as well, so the polish has an oddly warm effect. The shimmer is not exactly what I'd call subtle, but this isn't a glitter polish by any means, though it is sparkly. Very, very pretty and bright.

This is lovely for a holiday manicure (Christmas, but also Valentine's Day), but it's beautiful enough to wear year round if you're a fan of sparkly reds, as I am.

A word of caution: This is highly pigmented, and can stain. I experienced some mild staining with this polish, despite using a base coat. (I wouldn't have noticed it, except I had it on an accent nail, so the rest of the nails were there for comparison) I definitely do NOT recommend wearing this polish without any base coat, and that you take care to wear a base that you know will protect your nails from highly pigmented polishes (or use a double layer of base).

Formula is really good, with great application. I could probably have gotten away with one coat, though it's slightly sheer, because the coverage is just that good and even. Second coat smoothes everything out perfectly and gives gorgeous depth of colour. Love it.

on 3/5/2013 9:18:00 AM

This is such a beautiful sparkling perfect red, my toes are sparkling like rubies! In the sunlight the colour is even more fabulous. Very impressed with the OPI Skyfall collection, such great colours and quality. I only needed one coat of this colour (with top coat) One of my standout favourite reds amongst my other reds from Chanel and OPI.

on 2/15/2013 12:46:00 PM

I love all the colors from this collection but I this color is my all time favorite. I found that two coats with a clear top coat really makes the polish last and not chip!

on 1/19/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love love love this polish. It's so good, the brush is precise and easy to use, Colour goes on brilliantly and one coat is good but two coats looks even better. Such a nice deep sparkly red colour. It dries very quickly too. It's my first OPI polish as I normally wear Nails Inc, China Glaze and Barry M which are all good but this tops them easily. I will definitely be buying more OPI from now on. Very happy with it.

on 12/20/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful classic shimmery red. It applies well (not watery, not thick) and looks great in cloudy weather/indoors/etc. I may need a backup...

on 11/17/2012 6:12:00 PM

Very nice color, but it looks a bit different than in the bottle - it is less gold, more red. I didn't know it is from James Bond collection, I just wanted some christmas / winter color and the spy who loved me fits perfectly to my plan.

on 11/16/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The James Bond collection has some real winners and this is easily one of my favorites. If you love red polish, it's beautiful. A bright, bold cherry red with a fine golden shimmer—it looks a bit more gold in the bottle, but looks more like a bright, sparkling red on the nail. You can't go wrong with two coats and a shiny top coat. Good lasting power. Recommended!

Popular Polishes