Essence Colour & Go quick drying nail polish in Movie Star (35)

Essence Colour & Go quick drying nail polish in Movie Star (35)

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish has really great colors and I like the brush they have. It looks great once it's on. However, it chips off very quickly! Therefore I will not buy it anymore.

I got a small bottle of this in a value set and thought at first that it was just a drab looking matte grey. However, once I put it on, I realized how wrong I was. This is a glamourous slate colour with blue undertones. I have worn it both alone and with sparkles on top and it looks good both ways (although I think this shade very much lends itself to sparkles- it definitely looks more "movie star" that way!). (I am adding a picture in which I am wearing it with a layer of sparkles on top, so take that into account when you evaluate the look of it.) It's not my favourite nail colour *ever*, and I haven't received any compliments yet, but I do like it a lot.
The formula of this polish is good; it does dry very quick! The brush is nice and wide and distributes the polish evenly, I would say it's better than Essie brushes, which I find thin. It stays on for about as long as any polishes I own from OPI, Essie, or Sally Hansen. And at this price, it's a real steal. My only complaint is the lid is cylindrical and slippery, so it's a little hard to open. I like the square lids of Essie and the textured lids of OPI for this reason. In theory I would buy this again if I ever run out and need a slate polish, but that will probably never happen in practice because I always feel the need to try new shades and formulas. However, I will definitely be trying out more Essence polishes in the future because it's a good product and the price can't be beat! :)

Popular Polishes