Liz Earle Signature Foundation

4.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, Alumina, Silica, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysorbate 20, Ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, Sodium chloride, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Glycine soja (soybean) oil, Synthetic beeswax, Phenoxyethanol, Silica dimethyl silylate, Disodium cocoyl glutamate, Ethylene brassylate, Sodium dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Sodium cocoyl glutamate, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, +/- CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

on 7/17/2016 6:51:00 PM

Upon recommendation from a friend, I decided to try this for myself. The consultant matched me to porcelain which worried me as I am an NC 20 by MAC. She assured me it "warms up" (oxidises?), and she was right, however it is still a touch too light on me if I wear it on its own in natural light.

Pros are it provides decent coverage and is a fairly neutral shade. It leaves a natural look and lasts really well! I still looked fresh at the end of my busy work day. I loathe heavy looking makeup but need something that is as natural as possible with good coverage and this ticks the box.

Cons are it only comes in THREE shades made for Caucasian/European skin. Unfortunately it doesn't cater for anyone beyond a medium olive complexion which is a shame, and makes me question what type of demographic they are aiming for. For a cruelty free British makeup brand I hope they can acknowledge the needs of other people from other backgrounds.

Porcelain isn't exactly perfect on me but mixing it with some of my other darker foundations puts it to right again. Will be getting ivory next time.

Will purchase again.

The best everyday foundation I have ever used. Kind to your skin, brilliant colour and staying power as well. Gives a lovely, refreshed look to your skin and can be built up for a night out or worn lightly for the day time. It also makes a great base if you want to put another glower foundation on the top.

I love this product, it's reasonably priced, looks great and is overall super reliable. I wouldn't be without it. Even if another foundation catches my eye, this is the one I would always go back to. Well done Liz Earle for making a foundation as fab as your skincare!

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/7/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Such a brilliant foundation! Sheer coverage so you get a natural, but improved finish. It blends easily and is very buildable for occasions where you want better coverage. For those who don't like fragranced foundations they might want to steer clear as it does have quite a strong scent. The packaging is simple and the pump is brilliant as if allows you to control exactly how much product you wish to use.

on 9/5/2014 8:26:00 AM

I recently bought two of these foundations in Ivory and porcelain as I wasn't sure which would be a better match for my skin tone. As it turns out I find it best when I mix the two, and I use porcelain to conceal under eyes and lighten. My skin is typically acne prone and oily but since starting birth control a year ago it is now more on the normal/dry side and my acne is pretty non existent, just left with a few red marks and scarring but on the whole pretty happy with my skin. I had wanted a foundation that was less cakey than the double wear light, which I usually love but when my skin gets drier it can look a bit heavy.

I have to say so far I am loving this foundation, the smell is a bit strange but ingredients looks good to me, no alcohol and very nourishing. I find it is very buildable and last well during the day, looks like you have no foundation on but still really good coverage. I use this with a damp beauty blender and it gives a lovely finish, the texture is also just a nice consistency, no too thick and not too runny. I also use the liz earle cleanse and polish and light moisturiser, really love her range.

Will update if there are any changes.
Update - I had to drop this one down a few stars. The colours just weren't great for me and as a result I had to move on to something else. I ended up just throwing them out to be honest as I found I was getting a better colour match and coverage with a BB cream I was using. Overall though, not a terrible foundation and maybe best for those that have less to cover up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This has fast become my new all time favourite foundation. That may sound a little dramatic, but this stuff has been a bit of a game changer for me.
I have this in the shade Ivory 02, which I was matched to by the lady in the Liz Earle shop, although we found it kind of hard to choose between Ivory 02 and Porcelain 01, because I have some rosy pink tones to my skin that makes it suitable for Porcelain 01, but I still have a bit of warmth there to go with Ivory 02, as long as it is blended out it worked pretty well, and made me a look a little less pale, which is always a bonus. Ivory is just a little more yellow toned compared to Porcelain.
The formula is really luxurious and silky on the skin, it almost feels as though you aren't wearing foundation. The coverage is also very buildable to, it can range from like a sheer medium to full coverage. As I said before though, even if you go full coverage it is so light you won't really notice it all that much. It has a very natural looking finish and a lot of people asked me if I had changed anything in my skin routine as this foundation makes you look quite fresh faced and radiant.
I would say if you have an oily complexion then this foundation probably isn't going to work for you. I could be wrong, obviously I have dry skin so I wouldn't know how to shop for oily, but I think the foundation makes me look quite shimmery so I'd imagine it would accentuate oily skin rather than mattify.
The foundation is super easily blendable, and it last all day, which is a major plus point for me. I'd say my only complaint is the price, which is 21. You don't get an awful lot for your money but the price still doesn't put me off particularly, I would so buy it again.

Love this foundation for the winter, nude suits my skin colour perfectly and gives my skin a very natural/even look, medium coverage.

This foundation is the second best to my favourite Revlon Colourstay ( BEFORE THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA ).

By this I mean the coverage is 8/10,
The smooth - non-cakeyness is 7.5 / 10,
The lasting power is 6 /10.

The Revlon colourstay scored 9.5 / 10 on all accounts above (before THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA ).

Because I have had to hunt for an alternative foundation, this Liz Earle Signature foundation is the best I have found so far.

Its cakeyness is the least I have found*
The coverage is the best I have found *
Post-Lunch, on my combination skin, it is 65 percent remaining. So I would touch up my nose, chin, and any pigmentation sneaking through.

Take note though:
I looked like I was ' Ivory' colour choice, because the colour looked perfect for my skin. The formla however dries a little more oxidised darker colour than presented when wet, so allow for this. (started to look a bit more orange with build up, so of course blend) I am going to look at the lighter colour Porcelain in the store and see if that also dries darker too! so it might be a more appropriate closeness for my skin.

*Second best to Revlon Colourstay 16hrs original formula SOFTFLEX

For foundation lovees, I don't think you would be dissapointed at all with this Liz Earle one.

It also comes with a pump, because Liz Earle listens to her customers : )

I'm so relieved to find this fantastic, medium-coverage foundation. I will repurchase this until it is discontinued.

PROS:
- The lightest colour is light and cool-toned enough for my very pale skin, which I cannot say for most brands.
- Hygienic pump-dispenser
- No SPF. To some this may be a con, but I use a separate SPF underneath, so I don't want anything in my foundation to destabilise the UV blockers in my dedicated SPF.
- This glides over my large pores and makes them disappear.
- It feels light on the skin, yet stays put (no sliding around on the skin).
- It doesn't emphasise dry, flakey skin.
- Cheaper than other foundations of equivalent quality.
- Very natural-looking. Not at all cakey.
- This really adheres to the skin and stays put all day.

CONS:
- It does not build to full coverage.

on 5/10/2013 4:17:00 PM

Excellent.foundation. Ivory matches my nc20 skin and nude is great when I'm more tanned. shades are quite neutral not too pink based which is good. a demi matt finish which.is great for a polished look,.powder may not be needed for those with a drier skin. Good value and good packaging,.will re purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, and had read enough excellent recommendations to get my hopes up, but it just didn't suit my skin. I have some acne scarring, some acne blemishes and am a bit on the oily side. This foundation was a dream to apply, the shade was perfect, it blended really well.... but by the time I had it on, my skin looked as though I had just applied a tinted moisturiser. It was just too sheer, and gave so little coverage. A real shame, because it ticked all the other boxes.