Bloom cosmetic bag

No Image

4.7

on 12/10/2005 10:31:00 AM

I finally, finally managed to get my hands on the Bloom large cosmetic bag! It's really so pretty, although compartment wise, I prefer the new version-the "Get Out of Town", which has a detachable middle compartment. I now have both the older Bloom large bag and the "Get Out of Town", but I do wish that the "Get of of Town" is in the same print as the old Bloom bag. Now I am hoping to buy the smaller Bloom bag (the striped version) to complete my collection! The only bag which hasn't caught my fancy is the pencil-case like "Must Haves".

on 8/20/2005 9:59:00 AM

very cute and roomy. i have both sizes

on 8/18/2005 7:19:00 AM

This is such a cute little cosmetics bag...I stress the word little too! It could be a tad roomier, but isn't a bad size to carry my essentials in my purse. I would love to get my hands on the larger bag!

on 10/30/2004 12:27:00 AM

i finally got my hand on the large cosmetic bag from a nice AU swapper. must, i'm very happy with it! i feel that its material are more durable than most cosmetic bags, it find all the things i need for vacation, hold even my 8 oz shampoo, though the bag look doesn't look big enough to hold it. i thought it was going to be pinkish strips, but mine look like a soft cream strips, still cute though.

I agree that the size is small.. even for the largest one they have. Nevertheless I love it as well, vinyl lining is a must for makeup bags! They should make more compartments indeed because I really hate my eyeshadows and lipglosses getting scratched from rubbing against each other.. :(

on 7/27/2004 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the smaller size bag, which measures 5.5"x3.5"x2.75".

I had to check this out at Sephora after reading the rave reviews. Now I see what the fuss is all about.

The bag itself is very cute, then again, so is everything made by Bloom. But what's most impressive is how much stuff this little bag can hold. I'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup, and I can put everything I need for a whole week in this little thing.

Let's see: pressed powder compact, mascara, Pretige eyeliner (longer pencils will not fit), concealer, eyebrow powder, 1 blush, 2 e/s, 2 lipgloss, lip balm, Ultimate Buffer brush from eBay (exact same brush as Pretty Pretty kabuki brush & Aromaleigh Ultimate Buffer), Japonesque travel size eyeshadow & eyebrow brushes, tweezers & eyelash comb.

All this and room to spare!!

on 5/3/2004 12:34:00 PM

Structure Boxy rectangular shape with no support. Tends to get squashed in a bag, but this folds back into shape just as easily once you arrange it back into shape. Waterproof; easy to clean - stains, spills.

Dimensions 8cm tall, 12 cm long, 7 cm wide thereabouts

Design Cream & white stripes design adorned with the trademark Bloom girl. (Picture below) -- I'm looking at the bag as I write this, and this bag definitely looks duller than shown at the Sephora website. I think it looks bland because it looks so cutesy and girlish. I'll anytime go for a sleek, classic design, like the cosmetic bags MAC stocks, or even the Clinique GWPs.

But hey, Bloom's Compact Mirror is a real winner! Check that one out if this one bores you.

Other comments Overpriced for a makeup bag!

continued >>

on 4/11/2004 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The cute sturdy bag is made of vinyl that's a breeze to keep clean. The bag's design of white and pinky-peach vertical striped background has the Bloom girl's Audrey Hepburn look-alike in the front. Very girly. I use this primarily for traveling. Looks can be deceiving. This small but roomy 3x4 inch bag holds a surprising number of products: Paula Dorf Dance All Night Quickie palette, Sally Hansen Daily Lip Treats palette, BE foundation #2 (blush size), Paula's Choice mini brush set, L'Oreal mini brush set, plastic Sephora eyelash curler. All I need is to throw in a concealor, lip balm, and Nars blush, and I'm set and ready to go. If you can't find this bag or any other Bloom products at your local Sephora and don't mind shopping on-line, I highy suggest the Australia-based adorebeauty.com. Excellent customer service, shipping is relatively quick, and prices are a little lower against the US dollar.

on 3/9/2004 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Such a cute bag. It's so hard to find a make-up bag that is easy to clean. I like the colors, the girl and don't mind that it says Bloom's website.

Mine holds: Box of travel Q-tips, MAC Slim Mirror, Shiseido curler, blotting papers, tube of mascara, lip stick, gloss and I usally have about 3 pencils with me.

Sometimes I have to take stuff out to get the stuff on the bottom, so 1 lippie off for that and the reason why I would probably not re-purchase.

Everything Bloom does these days thrills me. Too bad their stuff is so hard to find in the US. I do wish you could just walk in a department store and buy it instead of ordering online...Oh, well, bought this from ebay and love it. It is smaller than I would like :( as I carry so much make-up with me these days thanks to my MUA addiction! I like the vinyl lining. The pink and white stripes are cute, as is the reclining Bloom girl. I agree with the other reviewers, the Bloom web address in bold black letters is lame...Hey, we know where to find you!

Popular Accessories