L'Oreal Preference Light Ash Blonde 9A

L'Oreal Preference Light Ash Blonde 9A

2.8

on 9/13/2017 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have dyed dark blonde hair and was looking to go a bit lighter. I got 2 of these at Walgreens for 9.99 per box. The colour came out VERY dark and not ashy AT ALL! My hair is now light caramel brown(think JLo). The smell is horrible, I had to squint my eyes the whole time.
My usual go to brand is Revlon Colorsilk in Dark blonde, which always does the job at less than half the price of L'Oreal. The upside is it is quite conditioning compare to Colorsilk and the colour came out even. Will definitely not repurchase...

on 5/7/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall is a very nice dark ash blonde but I wasn't going for dark blonde, I have dyed light blonde hair that I'm trying to keep light blonde, I'm disappointed that it comes out two shades darker that what the box says, I didn't see the ashy grey that people were referring with this color, I was just trying to tone my hair so that is not that bright but this color went on way too dark, not ready or want to be a dark blonde, gave it a two on the fact that it didn't dry my hair out despite the toxic smell, maybe try LB01? We'll see.

on 8/26/2013 8:06:00 AM

This color just wasn't for me. They were out of the 9 1/2NB, so I gave this a try. Too blah & ashy. The formula is nice though, my hair felt nice after. I went back to another CVS & found my 9 1/2 and redid the color. It came out just fine that time! :-)

on 5/29/2014 12:44:00 AM

This is a review for Loreal Preference 9A Light Ash Blonde. I had dies my medium blonde hair practically white blonde a few days ago. I do this every summer to get old dye out. I had some old highlights too. I waited two days and tried this light ash blonde. I was hoping it wouldn't leave my hair purple. Well the final result was a beautiful sandy colored light ash blonde ! I am in love with it! I have wanted this color for years. My blonde hair has so much gold in it naturally, not ash. Even though I can still see some light gold in it, it finally has a suble ash tone and not too dark like other ash tones I have tried. I used to use Loreal Superior Light Ash Blonde, but the color was totally different, too much dark gold and not a soft ash. This one is da bomb! I will keep using. I think it helped that I started out with a clean, almost bleached platinum blonde.

I have darkish grey blonde hair with light highlights naturally. When I first died my hair I died it the shade equivalent of Loreal 9a but with no ash tones (forgot what the other was called) It turned my hair a really yellow blonde that doesn't go well with my very pale skintone. I bought Loreal light ash blonde to try to reverse it and it worked so well! It didn't turn my hair purple or grey at all. It turned my hair a beautiful shade of slight ashy blonde and eliminated all yellow or orange tones. A slight problem with this product would be that it does leave your hair a little dark when you first dye it, but it washes out to be lighter in a few days. The conditioner that comes with this product moisturizes hair to its original softness and more. Overall I love this product. And its cheap! In the US its about 7 bucks, and usually at CVS you can get 2 boxes for $12.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I didnt like it, the ammonia thinned my hair out sooooo much and caused it to break off, don't use hair dye with ammonia

Don't use if your hair is already very light blonde. You will end up with grayish hair, esp. on the lightest sections of your hair. The color does not look like it does on the box. This color does do a excellent job at eliminating yellow tones but it deposits too much grey. I am a natural ash blonde and ash to me means cool light blonde with no yellow and no GREY! I will not be re-purchasing.

on 3/2/2013 9:31:00 PM

I've been using this color for a few years now. My natural color is a medium ash Blond and this does a good job of lightening it a couple of shades. I'm also naturally an ash Blond and this color warms it up a bit. There's a little hint of gold in my hair. It looks very natural and my highlights shine through. Unfortunately, my hair is darkening with age and this shade seems to be less effective. That's why I gave it a four.

on 11/6/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I did this last night because i have dark blonde hair and wanted more ashy /golden tones in it. This i think made my hair a bit darker acctully :( I love the conditiner that came with it though, my hair has no tangles and is soft & shiney but the color.. oh the color. Im going to dye my hair again with another brand in the next few days to hopefully get the blonde back when i was younger. overall dont buy.

UPDATE/EDIT: Ok so i changed my mind a little. It DID give me some nice blonde highlights and really cleasned my oily hair, still not my favorite but giving 1 more lippie now.

Update/edit again.: ok so i got lots of complaints from this maybe it is good? ;)

on 1/9/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First of all, anyone who has light blonde/platinum/pale yellow hair should never use ashy tones. I have finally learned that after making the same mistake twice!

I decided I wanted to go darker for fall/winter I have bleached and toned light blonde hair for 8 months now. I has just finished doing my roots and I was super eager to go home after work and finish my hair not wanting to run around with pale yellowy roots anymore, so i decided to get this box dye. When dying hair from light to a bit darker I recommend only going one to two shades darker (the first time trying to darken, my blonde turned almost black!). I knew that ashy tones make hair greyish and that my hair probably wouldn't look anything like the girl on the box (of course it almost never turns out like theirs). Decided to give it a go anyway.. While the yellowy tones were gone my hair was WITCHY GREY! Terrible. Luckily after surviving a few hair disasters I knew what to do and washed my hair and the (some if not most) grey out with Dawn original dish soap two-three times.

Now (next day), my hair is still a bit silvery but it does look mostly blonde thank God. While I AM starting to like my haircolor now, the freaking out and the vigorous hair washing is not worth it and I hate doing that to my hair. To counteract the silver-ness I will go to my regular beauty store (like I should have) and buy a warmer--not too warm--tone hair color. DO NOT BOX DYE!!