Skinfood Avocado Rich Cream

Skinfood Avocado Rich Cream
Avocado Rich CreamAvocado Rich CreamSkin Food Premium Avocado Rich CreamSkin Food Premium Rich Avocado CreamAvocado Rich Cream

on 11/14/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this cream for my dry skin!

This isn't a heavy cream, as much as I thought that it might be, although it is very rich. I use this as the last step in my nightly skincare routine about 3 nights a week and daily in the mornings as eye cream, before I apply my concealer. I was searching for a dupe of Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment/Cream, and although I'm not sure that this is a dupe, it works wonderfully!

This comes in a small plastic jar with a screw on/off lid and contains 78 ml of product. It is in typical cream form with a light, fresh scent. I find it very pleasant and not overwhelming. (It's very difficult to describe a cream lol)-The formula and feel is about medium weight consistency, not light like a lotion, and not heavy or greasy like Nivea Cream. As I'd stated above, although this cream isn't heavy and thick, it is very rich! It does spread very well, and it works into the skin nicely and easily. Skin Food Premium Avocado Rich Cream boasts "Ceramide Avocado Oil" and "30% Avocado Extract".

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to knowing how much product that you need to apply. For me, I've found that if I apply too much, the warmth from my skin turns the cream into oil, and then it just sits atop my skin instead of sinking in. Now, if you're using it as a barrier to hold everything in, then that's great. But, I'd rather have this cream sink in and use something else like Nivea Cream or Vaseline as a barrier. To achieve this, less is more. You literally need the tiniest amount! I use my ring fingertip, barely touch it to the surface of the cream, and then barely dot on my face in sections, starting with my most dry areas first, working my way out, around, and down. I just lightly massage it all in. It doesn't take long to sink in. Now, depending on how dry and thirsty your skin is, the amount of product that you need will vary-this is why I recommend starting out with little product and working in sections.
When I use this as eye cream under concealer, again, I use the smallest amount. I barely touch my ring fingertip to the cream, then I lightly dab/pat my 2 ring fingertips together, and then I pat in each amount under each eye. That's all I need, and it spreads very nicely. It hydrates and plumps so well. It doesn't make my concealer crease, and it prevents my under eyes from looking dry and crepey at the end of the day/night.

I have not had any negative reactions from this cream at all-no irritation or clogging-I'm not clog-prone.

I love this cream so well, that I've also gotten the emulsion and essence.

I highly recommend giving this cream a try, especially if you have dry skin. Or, if you're just looking for a great eye cream, lol! I'm very glad that I bought this, and I do plan to keep this cream on hand at all times.

on 2/1/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very rich moisturizer. My skin is dry and I was looking for a moisturizer to wear it under my bb cream. In cold winter times etude house precious mineral bb cream tends to cake up because of the dryness and this cream prevents it from caking.

I recommend this cream to anyone who looks for a rich moisturizer. This is not heavy but I wouldn't suggest it to people with oily skin.

All in all a must-have in cold winter times to people with normal to dry skin.

on 11/6/2012 12:41:00 AM

According to the website this is a cream that you apply to your face after lotion and press in with the palm of your hand? I don't know...

It smells like fake apples and soap. Its kinda greasy in that it leaves your face with a bit of a shine to it. It absorbs quickly but leaves your skin feeling tacky.

Is it moisturizing? Not anymore than your average facial moisturizer. I really don't like that it came in a jar, would have much more preferred a pump.

I haven't finished the jar. Its gone into the bin. I cant stand the smell or how it feels and I just don't feel like its doing anything to my skin. This is my second and last skin foods products that I have purchased.

Popular Moisturizers