Revlon Scandalous

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Scandalous is a black jelly polish packed with various sizes of fuschia hex glitters. I found this polish to be sheer and uneven to apply but it looked acceptable with three thick coats. It dries to a bit of a dull and slightly textured finish which needed two layers of top coat to become shiny enough for my taste. I wore this with Revlon Colorstay gel base coat and I had zero chips even after a week, but I don't know how well it would last with a different base. Overall, though, I really love the way it looks and will probably be wearing it often.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This color does resemble grape jelly. With glitter in it. It dries to a rough, bumpy texture. ...and this makes for easy chip offs and such. It is difficult to apply and is streaky and can be tedious to even out on your own without applying a thick amount. I would recommend a top coat...and at least 2 coats of the Polish itself. I tend to love Revlon nail polishes but this one I will use now and then and never again. Lol--the name is quite entertaining: "Scandalous"

I bought this over Christmas because I thought it was a really awesome color. I only just used it this past Wednesday (it is now Sunday) and now if you take all that is left on my nails it may cover 1 nail.
I put it on Wednesday night. The next day it was already starting to chip. Friday morning half a nail came off just from washing my hair. I used a base coat, 2 coats of the polish and 1 top coat. I then swiped on the edges some ChipSkip.

I am not sure whether it is because it is a glitter polish or what but I feel that I purchased a cheap brand rather than Revlon.
I currently am unemployed so I do not do all that much that could cause it to come off.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been on the lookout for this polish for months but everywhere around me has not had it in stock! Boots finally had three left, so I picked up all three...

This is a purple hex glitter in a black jelly base, with Revlon's typical thin brush. I personally love the brush - I have really unsteady hands so having a thin brush minimises finger painting and I find it really easy to control and manipulate this product.

The product itself is a streaky purpley colour with the first coat, but with two coats it is completely opaque and the black is strong with the purple hexes really really popping! It dries with a rough texture so I used three coats of Revlon Quick Drying top coat and so they are now smooth and shiney. The consistency itself is great and I find it very easy to apply.

Very happy bunny :D

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is fine & hex fuschia glitter in an eggplant base. It gives the look of a "jelly sandwich" mani in only two coats. The formula is smooth but it chipped in two days. Got it at Wag's on sale for $1.99 after the Register Rewards.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Definitely a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's "Bad Romance." It's a jelly black with different sizes of fuchsia glitter in it. It takes about 3 coats to become opaque, but it could also be used as a top coat for a black polish. It applies smoothly and dries quickly.

Edit: I was only wearing this polish for a couple hours before it started to chip. I didn't use a top coat, but maybe that would help prevent that. Also, some of the glitter began to turn silver for some reason.

Scandalous is one of the glitter polishes Revlon came out with, and it's a love of mine. A translucent black base with medium-sized hex and fine glitter in a magenta-purple color. I generally use this over black Wet n Wild for a black and purple look or Reggae to Riches by China Glaze for a rich purple tone. One layer gives plenty glitter, but two layers is ideal.

Revlon nail polishes are my favorite in durability, hands down. The color selection is great, the application and dry time are awesome and I can abuse my nails with or without Seche Vite on top without chipping. This is amazing to me.

Popular Polishes