NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil - Pecan

No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Full disclosure: I am not a lip pencil girl. It takes less time for me to just line my lips and bust out a lipstick, plus it usually looks more put-together and has better staying power.

I don't mind the color of this pencil; it is a medium taupey rose than leans a bit cool but mostly neutral. It's not dark on me but it does pack some pigment, which I am totally fine with. The finish is sort of glossy and looks pretty when first applied.

Unfortunately, the formula is a tiny bit greasy and thin, which means this doesn't hang out for too long. Staying power aside, this kind of formula makes it hard to draw this evenly and neatly on the lips. It also kept getting on my teeth, which is a problem I rarely if ever have.

I do love the pigmentation of this lip pencil but I can't deal with lipstick formulas that feel like they're going to smear or fade off in two minutes, so I don't think I'll be buying more of these.

on 1/18/2016 8:27:00 PM

Unfortunately, this color just didn't work for me, which is why I didn't want to give it too low of a rating. The formula is really nice and creamy. I have pigmented lips and warm undertones. This was way too light and cool; it looked almost gray on my lips. This will probably work great for someone with fair/light cool skin and lips that aren't very pigmented. For reference, Revlon Colorstay lip liner in nude is pretty close to my natural lip color.

on 6/13/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very pretty color in the tube, on my hand, but on my pigmented lips look like poop. I don't really understand how it pulls so much brown on me, but it does. I bought this after seeing some really positive reviews online, but I guess it just doesn't work for me. It was pretty cheap so I will keep it and see if I change my mind about it in the fal//winter. Perhaps when the seasons change and the color palette goes a bit more muted I will think differently of this lippie.

Lasting power isn't great and I wish it came in a twist up tube. It cost as much as the pencil to buy a sharpener. The way I feel about this lippie right now does not really justify buying a sharpener just for this pencil. Perhaps I will give a more vibrant, summery color a try in this format.

Hope others have better luck than I do. I just look blah and deadish with it on. It is too bad because it looked promising when I swatched it on my hand.

on 7/16/2015 6:20:00 PM

This is HG for me. So easy to apply (I like to overline my top lip very slightly and this does the job beautifully) and the colour is MMBM. It's a mauve that leans taupe which looks super fab for my cool tones. I am in love and I never want to wear anything else.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Love the colour, it's a natural muted mauve. Easy to apply & can be used as a lipstick or lip pencil. It doesn't have much staying power yet I love the creamy texture. Great for daytime.

Hmm I am a tad surprised that this color gives some people issues. I do agree that it turns out to be much darker than what it looks in the stick, however for me personally it turns into a beautiful nude-berry-pink shade. I usually don't like shades like that since they make me look old, but this one for some reason is very complimentary. I guess you just have to try them for yourself at Ulta.

Popular Lips Products