Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Shea Butter Wash

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Shea Butter Wash

4.1

African Black Soap , Coconut Oil Soap , Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets) , Lauroyl Lactylate (Palm Kernel) , Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract , Santalum Album Essential Oil (Sandalwood) , Essential Oil Blend , Jojoba Beads , Salicylic Acid , Dead Sea Salt , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice

on 4/1/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Jordan Liberty, Youtuber/Makeup Artist said this body wash doesn't fade his tattoos. Sounded impressive. And I needed body wash for my college apartment, so I picked up a bottle at CVS.

At first I thought this body wash seemed a bit pricy at $10 per bottle but after first use I was like, "Ok, well actually - there's a LOT of product in this body wash!" You only need a small amount to give a good scrub in the shower.

Scent is forgettable to me, but not unpleasant. I see reviews saying that it reminds them of sandalwood. I know nothing about perfume but it sounds about right, so I have nothing more to comment on that.

It cleans very well; I usually squeeze a quarter sized amount on a bathing pouf in the shower. I have to admit that it can be stripping if you use too much, but with the right amount I leave the bathroom clean and refreshed, just as I should be. I appreciate the amount of lather it produces and the small grains in this body wash are biodegradable, which is quite nice.

The brand was recommended to me for their effectiveness and organic ingredients. While I am not a consumer who is particularly interested in whether a beauty product is organic or cruelty free, I can appreciate using something that has good ingredients and the knowledge that my money is used to support a small business.

Would I buy this again? It would probably take me years to finish this product, and since I'm not in the business of prognostication, the answer is: I don't know. But I do think that I'm not picky about bathing products and I happen to enjoy this body wash for the time being, enough that I'm not going to buy something else before finishing it up. So, maybe.

on 3/23/2016 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

pure garbage smells like incense and causes break outs like crazy this is garbage

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily, acne prone skin (including body acne). I use this all over my face and body. I will never use anything else again!!! It has reduced my acne, made me less oily, takes off all my makeup, very lightly exfoliates, and it's not drying. Yeah. It's pretty amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have very problematic skin. I am very prone to dry patches and eczema on my shoulders, back, and chest as well as acne. I am also allergic to sulfates ( a dermatologist told me that) and I've struggled to find a good body wash that is gentle enough for my skin but leaves me feeling clean.

This stuff is the bomb. It lathers so well and a tiny bit goes a long way. It soothes my skin and keeps breakouts at bay. It doesn't leave me itchy or burning like most body washes do. I highly recommend this. The bottle is expensive but it lasts a very long time. It smells very herby, but I like that. This has become my holy grail body wash.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I absolutely love this product! Never stop making it!! Without using this as my body wash, I get excema breakouts on my arms and legs, and this also helps with bacne, smells AMAZING! I also use this as my face wash and my skin went from a million bumps on my forehead to one pimple on my entire face in 2 days. HG!

on 3/30/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great product. ..keeps my back acne at bay!!!!

on 10/9/2014 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this body wash at a Target because I was looking for a new one that was SLS free. At ten bucks a bottle it was a little pricey, but it claimed to have some pretty great benefits for my sensitive/acne prone skin.
Pros:
-Leaves my skin feeling refreshed, super clean and fresh while being surprisingly moisturizing and not causing any irritation or dryness even when shaving.
-The smell at first I must say was not super great. I bought it blindly because the bottles were all sealed in-store. It's kind of strong and it really lingers on the skin. The best way to describe it is as an almost a dry, powder-y, sandalwood-y scent which I have to say had to grow on me, but now I really dig it.
-SLS and paraben free (yay)
-Makes a lovely bubble bath
Cons:
-As stated the smell is not exactly mild. And if you are looking for a sweet/fruity scent then definitely look elsewhere
-Price. It's a little pricey for body wash for a poor college kid but it has lasted me quite a while.
-I'm not sure I would say it heals or helps dry up acne as the label says

Point being I would certainly buy this again. I'm curious to try the other varieties from this brand.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I started buying this before the company changed the title on the bottle to include body wash ( since 2008). I did call the company on this and they told me that they had been recently being acquired by another cosmetic company and the new group had changed the name. My face complexion cannot live without this. It has eliminated my brown spots, keeps my oily complexion in control, my zits under control. My elderly mother loves it on her face. I don't use it as a body wash. I don't like their black bar soap. If I use a bar, it's one of the real stuff that you can buy online-at least where I get it from is wonderful.
It lasts forever. lathers wonderful, use it with a cosmetic sponge or one of those rotating brush if you want more dermabrasion.
I'm ok with the fragrance

on 6/23/2014 3:09:00 PM

The mosquitos in my yard have been unbearable this spring and to top it off, I contracted poison ivy or some skin allergy on recent travels. Both left numerous and unsightly marks on my legs, not to mention the itching. I bought this in the hopes that the salicylic acid would treat both and it has. I also don't need moisturizer afterwards, which saves time (and moisturizer). I do not think this is intended for use on the face. Also, for those concerned about the smell, just smell other products in this line before purchasing. I happen to enjoy the scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love all of my Sheamoisture hair products and decided to give their body products a try. Unfortunately, I had to return this product due to the high concentration of fragrance used. The sandalwood fragrance is nauseating and irritating to the skin and other delicate areas. The scent lasted all day and stays in the shower for two days. The only way I would repurchase is if they reformulated with less fragrance and fragrance blends. Yuck!!