Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk

Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk

3.7

on 1/11/2016 5:18:00 PM

I quite like this product. I don't use it daily so I can't say if it thickens my hair or promotes growth, but I like it as a kind of leave-in conditioner. A small blob of it raked through my waves tames them a bit and dials down some hairline frizz and breakage. It feels quite conditioning but not at all heavy. It's scented with some floral and herbal scents that could be cloying except that I do like the scent. It lingers around some, too, which would be a con for anyone who hates the smell of it. It adds a touch of definition and shine and doesn't feel sticky or like my hair has a bunch of product in it. Not something if you're looking for an extreme hairdo with lots of hold, but for something that makes hair look and feel a bit healthier without heaviness or stickiness, this is great. I've even squeezed a bit into a spray bottle and added water and use it as a spray-in conditioner and it works really well in that capacity to revive waves, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've only had this a few weeks, but I have a feeling this is going to be my HG wash and go styling product.

I have fine, porous, 2b/2c wavy hair, and I've never found a styling product to leave my hair in ringlets that wasn't super heavy on my hair (yes to carrots conditioner, for example) and didn't take 4+ hours to dry and at least look presentable, until now!

This product I apply to my hair after I've plopped it with a light curl activator cream (cantu) for 10-20 minutes. It's quite runny and very light. I just smooth it across my waves and carefully scrunch some in and let it dry. I use maybe a quarter amount, but I find that I can't use too much, though I can use too little. It takes less than an hour for my hair to dry with this product, and if I'm careful I get beautiful curls that I can maintain for 4 days by just scrunching in a little more each morning and smoothing some across the top of my hair for frizz. I've even had success throwing it above my head at night after I showered. I'm currently testing using this with leave-ins because I don't want my hair to become dry.

I would highly recommend this product to someone with hair similar to mine!

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This paired with the mist (from the same line) and Eco Styler gel = voluminous yet controlled wash and go. Nice light scent. Also good for refreshing curls in the morning. At first it didn't feel moisturizing but let it settle. After a couple hours my hair looks and FEELS great

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I liked it at first but the smell is too light

on 2/2/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fine hair, and a lot of it... All this did was make my hair look greasy.

on 1/1/2014 9:40:00 PM

I like this as a leave in. If you don't like the smell, though, don't buy it, as it does really linger in your hair. I love the smell, but haven't noticed a dramatic difference in my hair with this or without it.

on 12/26/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am currently transitioning from relaxed to natural, I'm 13 months post relaxer. It has been a struggle to find something that can moisturize the two textures i'm dealing with. This worked for me, the only thing I don't like is the smell .