Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style MilkOrganic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

4.1

Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Sugar Starch , Silk Protein , Essential Oil Blend , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Caprylyl Glycol , Sorbitol Esters , Algae Extract , Hlyssopus Officinalis Extract , Salvia Officinalis Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Sage) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

on 5/7/2017 12:47:00 AM

This is wonderful, even for Asian hair. Totally hooked on it and it is not available in my country. But I have to avoid at the roots or scalp area as it will grease on me very fast.

Good for styling my hair with hot barrel thingy. The curls come out very natural and beautiful. One full size bottle lasts me for years.

on 3/27/2017 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference- I have extremely fine, low porosity curly hair (about 2C level curls) that goes to my natural waist. My hair gets greasy and weighed down very easily and cannot handle too much product.

This is my go-to leave-in conditioner. A stated above, my hair gets weighed down and greasy incredibly easily. It also dries out a lot and can get stringy or brittle when I use products with too much protein. When I put this into my hair after it is freshly washed, I always end up with moisturized, bouncy curls that are soft to the touch. It also helps to resist frizz, even when I tend to touch my hair too much. To use, I scrunch about a quarter-sized drop of this into wet hair and let it air dry. My ends are moisturized and my curls are defined without being stringy or crunchy. The smell is also pleasant but not overpowering or too coconut-y (I'm sensitive to coconut scents). My only complaint about this product is the packaging. As you get to the last 1/3 of the bottle, it can be a bit of a struggle to squeeze out because the bottle is so stiff. I'm down to my last 15-20% of product and will probably have to replace it soon because I just can;t get the rest out.

Aside from the packaging issues, I really love this product and will continue to repurchase as my perfect lightweight leave-in conditioner!

on 12/5/2016 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

About me: mixed race, type 3c hair just past shoulders (not that much hair overall, but big volume), kinky and frizzy. I've tried other leave-ins (kinky curly knot today, random cantu stuff, the thicker shea moisture one in this line) and this product is still my top pick for price and effectiveness.

+++ cooperates with my favourite styling gels (kinky curly, uncle funky curly magic), no clumpies
+++ lightweight, doesn't make my hair feel greasy/heavy
+++ nice smell (but if they made a fragrance-free version I would buy that too)

--- would love if it was cheaper, or if a larger discounted size was available
--- the packaging is annoying, once you get half-way through the bottle it all sits at the bottom. It would do better in a bottle that stands on its cap - I end up keeping it upside down anyway

on 10/13/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I usually have difficulties with Shea Moisture leave-in products. I often find them to thick for my fine hair. I also find that they cause excessive build up. I had more success with this product because it is light weight. It smells great and left my hair soft and moisturized. I probably won't repurchase because I have alternatives that I like better but people with finer hair might enjoy this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A HG item if mine, this product tames frizz and adds curl and shine for a lovely result. All natural made with neem oil which promotes growth. A must try, smells wonderful too :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying this product does a pretty good job at defining and moisturizing curls. However, I feel like it was too much moisture for my hair because my hair always felt greasy afterwards. I usually have a hard time finding products that work for indian hair because most products are either directed towards white people hair or african hair and either are too drying or too moisturizing for my hair. If you are looking for a moisturizing product that will define your curls this is it, but be warned that it can leave medium-thick and thin hair very greasy. Also the smell is extremely overpowering which is the deal with all SM products, the smell also really put me off. I probably will not repurchase but it was a good leave in that defined.

Oh and for the record my hair is 3a curly medium thick

on 6/23/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I loved the way my hair felt after using this. After washing with the Shea Moisture Moisture Intensive Hydration shampoo and following with the companion mask as a rinse out, I would use this milk as a leave in and air dry my hair. I loved how my relaxed hair looked after it air dried--still moisturized and soft. HOWEVER, I kept noticing a great deal of hair loss while combing this through my hair - when I used something else I didn't have the shedding while detangling, when I went back to it, I had the excessive shedding so I had to stop using it. I still gave it 4 stars because it gave great results on my relaxed hair but my hair does not seem to like silk protein and it is high on the list. Defiantly give it a try as it may work for you and the results can be very good.

on 5/31/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a friend with gorgeous 3c curls. She uses this with Deva Arc Angel. Now she has much thicker hair and much stronger springier perfect corkscrews than me. It is the kind of hair my 2A, wavy to curly, uber fine hair could only dream of. So I tried the Milk in several different ways, by itself, replacing my current curl cream (Deva Styling Cream), and with Arc Angel. At first my hair feels off, it feels lighter, soft, curls look nice, but slightly droopy not as body waved. I kind of like it thinking what a great drug store find! But as the day goes on, my hair just starts to fall apart. The curls start drooping more and getting pulled out to waves. It gets fly away ish in parts and by the end of a fresh hair wash day, I am left with what normally is the end of second day hair. So I think this stuff is just still too heavy for me hair.

on 4/8/2016 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I always come back to this after trying other leave-ins because it does a great job at moisturizing my hair and making my curls pop, however I can't use this as a sole styler and have to follow up with a gel which I don't mind because I prefer a gel styler over creams. I like for a cream to give my curls definition as this does but I don't rely on creams for hold. This also has coconut oil which can act as a protein, so you have to be careful how much you use if your hair is protein sensitive. Which my hair is so I only apply it on wash day and use something else to moisturize my hair inbetween washes, I also use a prep product on my hair before using this as this wouldn't control frizz enough on its own for me. This is a great product but you have to find out how it works best for you.

I like it ,it's moisturising and defines my 2c hair beautifully. I use it to style my hair in a ponytail or bun. Brilliant product !

Popular Styling Products