Tokyo Milk Dark Lip Elixir in Salted Caramel

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A few things. I bought all 6 of the flavors from Sephora's website. They smell absolutely amazing, every single one. But seriously as everyone said, trying to open the tins? It's unreal. One thing I noticed though is that of the that I bought, 3 of them had a different tin. All hard to open, but not as hard as the ones with the smaller, thinner lids.
These are waxy, very thick. Not my all time favorite formula. But I love the fragrance and the taste. $7 a pop is expensive, but I was dying to try the weird fragrances. And I'm glad I did. I just wouldn't buy them again because they're pricey and not my favorite formula.

I'm on my like tenth tin of this stuff. I don't know what these people are on about. This chic little tin pops right open. I wish the first ingredient wasn't petroleum, but it's a great overnight balm/winter windy day balm. Super great protectant.

This goddamn container. I swear, it's the most frustrating thing. As other reviewers have noted, the product itself is lovely (I sampled it at Sephora in the Impulse Purchase Section and just HAD to have it), but it's hardly worth the struggle. The lid should really be a screw-top. You can pry it up with your nails, but then say good-bye to your manicure. My boyfriend and I struggled with it all evening. A mini screwdriver is your best bet, but do you really want to fight with it every time?

I had my heart set on returning this, but I do actually really like this balm. It's made my chapped winter lips very smooth. I dented up the edge of the lid with hopes that it would be easier to work with, but I still can't close it all the way or I will need the screwdriver again. So I can't take it with me; it's in my bathroom with the lid pushed only halfway down.

As for the balm, it's a greasy petroleum-based moisturizer, so it works best as a night treatment or on its own. If you're wearing lipstick you need to either put it on top as a gloss or allow it a lot of time to sink in first. It's a great product to protect your lips from the cold air when you go outdoors. I believe the tin was $8 CND and you get a ton of product. It tastes and smells delish.

Like I said, the product is lovely. But it's probably no better than many petroleum-based balms that you can actually open. I won't rebuy unless they change the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's just your average lip balm. Actually maybe a bit too waxy. I've had ones that performed better for cheaper. The only plus is that it smells nice, but even then the scent doesn't linger once it's on your lips.

Don't close the lid down all the way once you manage to pry this open unless you want to give yourself an aneurysm, because you know the first time was frustrating enough.

As much as I love the scent, and the way the balm works for me, this TIN though. The lid was way too tight, had to pry it open with a screwdriver. Took like a half hour. The thing is that none of the other scents seemed to have this issue. I also own Clove Cigarettes, and have used testers of Absinthe and Smoked Salt, and all of them came off easily. So maybe it's a problem with the Salted Caramel in particular? I don't know, I just know I had to widen the heck out of the lid with pliers, and put a dent in the side so it never closes all the way.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

The tin is hard to open but it's okay if you just stick your nail in. I love the sweet but salty caramel smell and it is super moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. The packaging is gorgeous, if impractical, and the balm itself smells luscious. However, I'm not in love with the formula. The balm is a bit dry and waxy, and doesn't do anything for my lips!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim as I was checking out at Sephora (those little boxes by the cash really do work). I'm a bit addicted to lip balms, so I was quite excited to give this a try! I've been wearing it to bed for the past few weeks and I must say I am very impressed. I usually just put Vaseline on my lips at night, and then some kind of stick balm during the day. I like how this stuff is a bit stiffer than just plain Vaseline, which is obviously quite slippery. It both moisturizes and protects, and I feel like I have noticed a difference in my lips over the time I've been using it. Others have said that the flavour is too syrup-like for them, but I have to disagree; while it is definitely a very sweet scent, I'd liken it more to caramel corn than fake syrup. There is a definite buttery undertone to the smell, and it doesn't last too terribly long once you've put it on. The packaging looks lovely, but I will note that I am generally not a fan of tinned products because, like others, I don't like the idea of contaminating my pot. While it is kind of pricey for just a lip balm, you get a TON of product, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'd love to give a review, but I can't get the tin open.

Omg this made me so nauseas!!! I don't know what I was thinking because I usually only use mint or plain balms! This made me so sick because it is so strong smelling ! I have the Tokyo Milk Bon Bon lip balm in rose water and it I like it a million times better than this. I don't know if it was just this particular scent but it was gross and I will probably end up giving this away or tossing it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments