2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I'm surprised to see the low ratings, this is a really nice scent! It is warm and woody, but has a floral edge to it too. A lot of men's fragrances seem to shy away from floral notes, but I like that Tom Ford incorporates it. Apparently, before this scent was sold publicly, Tom Ford created it for himself to wear. It is an oriental scent. Top notes: Italian bergamot, verbena, caraway, baie rose (pink pepper), violet flower. Heart notes: black pepper, nutmeg, Tuscan Iris resin, Egyptian Geranium, Bulgarian Rose, Clary Sage. Base notes: Opoponax, amber, Indonesian patchouli, vetiver, civet, vanilla.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

After the first strong blast of citrus this dries down to a dupe of Coty L'aimant. So save yourself a bunch of money and buy the Coty instead or put the money toward a different Tom Ford fragrance.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

5 years ago

This review is for Noir EDT. Basenotes describes it thus: Top Notes Bergamot, Verbena, Caraway, Pink pepper, Violet Middle Notes Black pepper, Nutmeg, Tuscan iris, Geranium, Bulgarian rose, Clary sage Base Notes Opoponax, Amber, Indonesian patchouli leaf, Vetiver, Civet, Vanilla To my nose its just a musty old fashioned parfum. Too heavy on the nose and lingers far too long. A real scrubber. Couldnt even stand to have it in the house - I put the sample out in the garbage can.

About reviewer (238 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

I will chime in with the two previous reviewers, as Noir was an underwhelming experience for me as well. Forgettable and somewhat disappointing is my overall verdict of this release, with the highpoint being the soapy opening which I find pleasant. What follows is - to my nose - a disharmonious hodgepodge, dominated by the typical men's cologne notes that seem to clash with the softer notes. While I clearly have my favorites among the many Tom Ford fragrances, even in the ones that I would not want to purchase or wear myself I can still see his signature, his art of boldly, masterfully blending notes. Not much of this originality to be found in Noir. At least this is good news for my wallet!

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2.0

6 years ago

Fragrance gets 3.5, staying power gets 0. For Tom Ford, whose private collection is a modern standard for sophistication and pushing boundaries, Noir is appalling unremarkable. Appallingly. The fragrance is nice. Classified as a man's fragrance, it works unisex if you enjoy a bent towards unisex. Marketed as a sensual oriental, even for a man's fragrance, I get nothing sensual or oriental from this. A soapy, leathery bergamot rules this, on first spray. Really soapy. I really like the combination of soap, bergamot, and leather. Dries down with some pepper and just a faint touch of vanilla under the soap and leather. The bergamot dissipates fast on me. Although the soap is a nice surprise, there's not a whole lot more that I can credit this scent with -- neither the generic quality of the leather or the bergamot impress me. And it's something of a mishmash otherwise. There's very little staying time. Zero. Surprised that Ford released this. Can't recommend.

About reviewer (298 reviews)

Age44-55