Bath and Body Works Forever Red

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bath and Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

3.4

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

on 8/24/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't consider this seductive, but I do think it smells lovely. It lasts and the scent becomes lighter but remains feminine throughout the time I was wearing this. It smells very approachable.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bath and body works had the nerve to charge more for this line when the store has scents wayy better at normal prices. My boyfriend bought me the whole line and i returned it. $85 dollars later...

on 1/20/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Brooklyn, NY

On Memorial Day of 2013, I decided to try out the Forever Red Spray my sister gifted me with. I took a shower and sprayed myself, arms, legs, stomach and neck. The following day, there were a few pimples that I ignored. Later that day into Wednesday, I was a full blown disaster. I looked and felt like someone sprayed me with acid. Doctors said it was one of the worst reactions they've ever seen. Because it was direct contact, I was in constant pain and agony. I went into anaphylactic shock and had to be rushed to the hospital getting an epinephrine shot that left me in seizure state. I was put on every steroid and medication there is for allergic reaction, but unfortunately it had to take its course.

My son wept every time he saw me. So far the healing process is torturous and embarrassing, walking around in 80 degree weather with a scarf and long sleeves every day. The pictures are so despicable; it leaves everyone with mouths open. I'm enclosing the before and after pic of my arm. BBW is so sorry and offered me a $25 gift card, then a $100 gift card. Really BBW, like I would use anything from your store ever again. I know that this summer is shot for me because now the healing process has me looking like a leopard. In spite of it all, I must say, “Thank God, I did not spray my FACE!!!”

on 1/10/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. I received this as a gift for Christmas. First off, I can't stand anything heavy that smells like old lady perfume, and this definitely smells like an older lady would wear it. what has happened to Bath & Body Works?? Where are all the light, fruity body splashes that I fell in love with? They are long gone and have been replaced by "fine fragrance mist". If I wanted a high dollar perfume, I'd go to Belk. I give this and pretty much all of BBW recent scents a big thumbs DOWN.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

it does have the the sweetness of apple or another red fruit emm maybe berries but I don't like it all that much , it lacks character , smells of fruit and maybe amber but that is it . I can't smell it after a couple of hours and I never get any compliments wearing it...I bought cashmere glow with it and I really like it though , it is sophisticated and classy ...and it does make me feel warm.

Wow. I, too, am surprised by all the negative reviews. Well, I'm not the most avid Bath and Body Works person. I go there for bubble bath, but that's about all. I haven't really been into their scents in a long while. So maybe because of my lack of knowledge of their products, this scent was new and fresh to me. I couldn't believe I paid only $5 for this. I love the smell, and couldn't stop smelling it. I just hope I don't wear this around people who want to puke because of the smell. That would bum me out.

Like others say, it's a blend of fruit and musk. And the way that it's blended simple smells perfect to me.

on 8/7/2013 9:38:00 PM

I, too, am surprised by the lack of love for this scent. I find it really sophisticated - sultry, with notes of vanilla and rum, but balanced with the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. It's a terrific scent for fall and winter - warm and quite sexy. My husband is not typically a scent kind of guy, but he commented on how much he likes it.

When the line debuted, I bought every product that was available, from sugar scrub to dual rollerball/lip gloss. I was pleased with most of the products, with the exception of both of the aforementioned ones. I found the scrub far too abrasive - I've got Fresh's classic Brown Sugar Body Polish, but I stored it on its side briefly and some of the oil leaked out. The next time I tried it, it felt like rubbing coarse sand on my skin, and really that's what the BBW Red scrub was like to me.

The lip gloss was just a personal thing - it looked like a deeper wine color in the tube, but when I swashed it on, it was more of a bright, pearly pink, which does not work on my complexion.

My other quibble is with the packaging: First, the big gold plastic bow looks cheap and is frankly a nuisance; it gets in the way when you're trying to take off the cap. Worse than that (in my humble opinion) is the graphic of a woman's legs on some of the bottles. I mean...really?! It looks like it came straight out of an 80s drugstore brand perfume - cheap and corny - and seems to completely contradict the ethos BBW was going for with this scent (read: upscale and sophisticated).

One of the things that I do love about this line is the fact that it works as a home scent as well. I have the candle, and it's lovely (though I keep it in the bedroom - this strikes me as more of a private sphere kind of scent). I also noticed that now there's a scented oil available as well, which I absolutely plan to pick up next time I'm in BBW.

I do understand some of the complaints about lack of staying power, but I've found that the rollerball does last longer (as another reviewer mentioned). The other option, of course, is layering the product - using the shower gel (which is lovely), the lotion (also nice), and topping that with either the body mist or the EDP. Speaking of, I love it that this scent comes in a body mist that can be applied more liberally (and better than that, is less expensive!), as well as an EDP. So if you're not happy with the staying power, you can always stock up on the gel, lotion, and mist during one of BBW's awesome sales, and you'll be set.

on 3/11/2013 2:34:00 AM

While I've heard most complain about how Forever Red smells like a less complex version of Midnight Pomegranate, I completely agree... And I actually like FR more for it.
I owned Midnight Pomegranate and I never wore it, because it just didn't smell that good on me.

On me, it goes on smelling more like the vanilla rum with a light overtone of the fruity notes, unlike how it goes on others I've smelled it on. I really love it. I'm 20 but not a fan of their other scents since they smell like something middle schoolers wear, so I feel I fall into the demographic they were aiming at.

I bought the body lotion and the shower gel, and got the rollerball EDT for free. The packaging seems so much cheaper for a scent they want to tote as more mature, but that's nitpicking for me.
They all smell heavenly but I am so disappointed with the longevity of the scent... There is no lasting power at all! The shower gel makes my bathroom smell amazing after I've used it but even with layering the lotion on top, I can't smell it on me after a couple of hours max. The lotion isn't even that moisturizing either, which is a big disappointment.

I'm probably going to take them back and try the eau de parfum, or the triple moisture cream. If those don't work, I'll give up on such a nice scent and try to find something else.

I work at Bath and Body Works so I figured some additional information about the Forever Red line might provide some insight as to why we put it in the spotlight. Bath and Body Works launched "Forever Red" to compete with other big name perfume designers. It's theme was the sexiness, empowerment, and everything that embodies women.The ingredients that are the main focus are pomegranate, red osmanthus, marshmallow, peach, and rum. The reason why the line is so expensive is that the company spent over 30% in resources than normally used in our original signature scents. Also, many of the ingredients are rare and/or very expensive. Like the peaches they used only bloom in a specific region of France on certain times of the year as well as the rum they used is the most expensive ingredient they have ever used and it takes a large quantity to produce just a handful Forever Red products. Personally I think that this is a great perfume and look forward to see what other luxury perfumes BBW might create in the future. Hope that helps! :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought the bodyspray, which is an amazement in its own because I haven't bought perfume or body spray since I discovered BPAL some time ago. Most sprays bother my allergies badly but this didn't. It has a beautiful scent of fruit and flowers. The bottle is cute, a bit expensive so I bought the small size which will last me forever anyways. I'd def buy it again.

Popular Fragrances