Bath and Body Works Forever Red

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bath and Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

4.2

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

on 9/26/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a huge fan of these types of scents. They are very modern yet classic. I recently found this by accident while in Bath and Body Works and fell in love immediately. I bought a small bottle to try and when I am done I will be buying a huge bottle.

This is a heavier fragrance and not something for summer/spring. Of course you can wear it anytime but I find the deep notes in these types of scents come out better in cold weather. The top notes are pomegranate (which I smell immediately), peach & apples. The middle is red peony, red osmanthus (which comes out on me more than any one scent) & night blooming marigold. The base of this fragrance is so nice and warm with rum-vanilla, marshmallows, and oak. Itís truly intoxicating.

My favorite scents are Frederickís of Hollywood Signature, Flowerbomb, Cashmere Mist, Gold Sugar, and Twilight Woods. I hope this helps.

on 8/7/2013 9:38:00 PM

I, too, am surprised by the lack of love for this scent. I find it really sophisticated - sultry, with notes of vanilla and rum, but balanced with the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. It's a terrific scent for fall and winter - warm and quite sexy. My husband is not typically a scent kind of guy, but he commented on how much he likes it.

When the line debuted, I bought every product that was available, from sugar scrub to dual rollerball/lip gloss. I was pleased with most of the products, with the exception of both of the aforementioned ones. I found the scrub far too abrasive - I've got Fresh's classic Brown Sugar Body Polish, but I stored it on its side briefly and some of the oil leaked out. The next time I tried it, it felt like rubbing coarse sand on my skin, and really that's what the BBW Red scrub was like to me.

The lip gloss was just a personal thing - it looked like a deeper wine color in the tube, but when I swashed it on, it was more of a bright, pearly pink, which does not work on my complexion.

My other quibble is with the packaging: First, the big gold plastic bow looks cheap and is frankly a nuisance; it gets in the way when you're trying to take off the cap. Worse than that (in my humble opinion) is the graphic of a woman's legs on some of the bottles. I mean...really?! It looks like it came straight out of an 80s drugstore brand perfume - cheap and corny - and seems to completely contradict the ethos BBW was going for with this scent (read: upscale and sophisticated).

One of the things that I do love about this line is the fact that it works as a home scent as well. I have the candle, and it's lovely (though I keep it in the bedroom - this strikes me as more of a private sphere kind of scent). I also noticed that now there's a scented oil available as well, which I absolutely plan to pick up next time I'm in BBW.

I do understand some of the complaints about lack of staying power, but I've found that the rollerball does last longer (as another reviewer mentioned). The other option, of course, is layering the product - using the shower gel (which is lovely), the lotion (also nice), and topping that with either the body mist or the EDP. Speaking of, I love it that this scent comes in a body mist that can be applied more liberally (and better than that, is less expensive!), as well as an EDP. So if you're not happy with the staying power, you can always stock up on the gel, lotion, and mist during one of BBW's awesome sales, and you'll be set.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells like a combination of Midnight Pomegrante and Sweet Pea, with a bit of vanilla. The staying power is very good, but to me it's not something that sticks out by any means. It is a very pretty fragrance... but nothing about it is super special. It reminds me more of Sweet Pea which, don't get me wrong, smells great, but I was hoping that this would be truly different. I have the body cream and the small edt, and I will continue to use them until I run out, but I will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought the bodyspray, which is an amazement in its own because I haven't bought perfume or body spray since I discovered BPAL some time ago. Most sprays bother my allergies badly but this didn't. It has a beautiful scent of fruit and flowers. The bottle is cute, a bit expensive so I bought the small size which will last me forever anyways. I'd def buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I took a specific trip to B&BW just to try this fragrance and I have to say I was extremely underwhelmed. I mean, it's a nice enough fragrance, but for me kind of generic and one I would definitely pass by in the department store. The cost seems a bit pricey for the lotions etc considering that I could get any of their other lotions for almost half the price. The pomegranate note that is prominent in the beginning smells a lot like the one in midnight pomegranate, but oddly enough this scent almost seems less complex to me. I would choose Midnight Pomegranate over this scent any day. For a scent that they put this much effort into developing and promoting I was expecting a bigger bang for the buck. I bought the EDP in the hopes that when I got home and tried it again I would change my mind and be madly in love with it, but for me it is too overpoweringly perfumey and musky (and this is coming from someone who loves musky scents). Despite the fact that this is an EDP not an EDT I still find it has no lasting power. This scent reminds me of a fragrance geared towards middle aged women that they just added a splash of fruitiness to try to appeal to the younger crowd. I was told by the girl in the store that they are offshooting a whole new Forever Red line of products and making it their higher end fragrances. I hope the next ones are more impressive. Do I hate it? No. Would I buy it again? Never. Bottom line it's a pleasant enough scent in small doses, but forgettable and overpriced.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red is the brand's newest permanent Signature Collection scent. Bath&BodyWorks has really been promoting this scent, they even made a whole mini website for it. A Bath&BodyWorks sales associate told me that more money was spent developing and promoting Forever Red than on any other scent in the brand's history. This scent technically hasn't launched yet, I think it officially releases very soon, November 5th, I believe. Bath&BodyWorks calls Forever Red their "most luxurious fragrance ever" and describe it as a "pairing of the richest and rarest ingredients to create our most feminine and surprising fragrance collection yet! Forever Red is a passionate blend of pomegranate and red osmanthus with a sexy surprise of vanilla rum". The full range of Forever Red products just went up on the Bath&BodyWorks website today. This scent is currently available in nine products. All of the Forever Red products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the Signature Collection items but I was told by the sales associate that sales like "buy three get two free" will still be applicable. I bought a little .25fl oz (17ml) Eau de Parfum for $5 which was the intro price, this little bottle will eventually retail for $10. The full size Eau de Parfum retails for $44.50. All Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
Forever Red's mini Eau de Parfum comes in a really pretty bottle. All of Forever Red's packaging is very nice looking, much fancier looking than what you'd expect from Bath&BodyWorks, more like something you'd expect from Bath&BodyWork's sister brand Victoria's Secret. This little perfume comes in a rectangular, translucent, red glass bottle topped by a square, plastic, red cap. The bottle is plain, only the name of the scent is on the front, written in red of course. I don't really like the spritzer, it seems too flimsy to me, but I'm sure the full size has a better quality atomizer. I really like the look of Forever Red's mini bottle, it's nice for just a purse size.
I've been so disappointed by most of Bath&BodyWorks new scents lately. Because of all the hype surrounding Forever Red, I expected to be really let down by the scent. I popped into my favorite Bath&BodyWorks store (the one at the Waterfront in Homestead, PA) looking to sample this scent and hoping for the best. I gave it a sniff and was pleasantly surprised! Let me give you the notes before I go on.

Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

Forever Red is a really warm scent, great for this time of year. At first sniff Forever Red reminded me of Midnight Pomegranate. They're definitely similar scents but Forever Red is more..luxurious, I guess? The pomegranate and apple notes combine to give Forever Red a delicious juiciness. The scent is armed up by the rum and has a sweet confection quality to it stemming from the marshmallow. The sweetness isn't strong or overpowering, I actually think it's the softest aspect of Forever Red. I love how seamless the notes are, the fruit notes mesh so well with the sweet alcoholic notes, sitting atop a soft but rich woody base. Bath&BodyWorks really put together a great scent. The notes compliment each other, you can tell that Bath&BodyWorks didn't just slap this scent together thoughtlessly. I've really fallen in love with Forever Red.
The sales associate I talked to told me that this little bottle of Forever Red is an Eau de Parfum, meaning that it contains a high concentration of fragrance oils resulting in longer wear. Um..well, it lasts longer than the reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist which struggle to last an hour on me. I get about two hours of wear from Forever Red which is pretty poor especially for the price. Maybe it's just me, but I get good wear from other, non-Bath&BodyWorks scents, so it's probably the formula. I'm really disappointed by how often I need to respritz.
Overall, apart from the short wear time, I love Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red. I'm pretty sure Bath&BodyWorks is phasing out Midnight Pomegranate, one of my all time favorite scents. Heart breaking, I know, but I think Forever Red is a suitable replacement. I think Bath&BodyWorks really made a great new scent that isn't too similar to their other offerings. I hope to buy one or two more mini Eau de Parfums. I definitely recommend trying out this great new scent!

Popular Fragrances