Bath and Body Works Forever Red

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Bath and Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

2.5

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Forever Red's first spray is warm, inviting and boozy marshmallow. Unfortunately, the rest goes downhill from there. Forever Red seems promising. The SA's told me wonderful stories of how this EdT is made, and it sounds wonderful, but has a plastic, shallow tinge to it on me.
Something is missing to make this fragrance a full-bodied, creamy scent ready to deliver on its promises. It's as if it's almost there-like a soup in a crockpot that's been brewing and isn't quite ready yet. The buzzer hasn't gone off, it's ready to sample and the chef says, "No, not yet."
Peach in the top notes is prominent, peony delivers a rose quality in the middle, and the rum brings along the vanilla and marshmallow to round Forever Red to a fragrance for Bath and Body Works that's different for their usual fragrances but not quite up to par for what they're trying to deliver.
The booziness lasts a few hours but dissipates quickly to a close skin scent. Good to wear at the office, at home relaxing or out to dinner.
Top Notes: Pomegranate, Peach, Apple.
Middle Notes: Red Peony, Osmanthus, Marigold.
Base Notes: Rum, Vanilla, Oak, Marshmallow.

on 2/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

The whole set of "Forever Red' was a gift;
at first sniff, I was not impressed.
The top notes are mediocre, saccarine fruit, (eau de Robitussin)
and considering the price tag,
I felt this was a disappointment.

I've worn this for 2 weeks now, but it took me to this evening
to arrive at a pleasant conclusion.
When the fragrance 'blooms' with one's body heat,
it is lovely, wearable, suitable for daywear,
and this is a subtle scent, not loud or overbearing
like others (ahem, I'm looking at you, Japanese Cherry blossom).
But why does it take so long to develop?

this pomegranate based scent lacks the sultry sexiness
of its older sister "midnight pomegranate")
(the musky, patchouli undercurrents), nor the
innocent icy floral frosting of "Be Enchanted."

I don't think this will be as long lived as some others
in the BBW line (Moonlight Path comes to mind...)

But... this is wearable, and nice. Just not a star.
I'll finish out the products in the line,
but won't purchase again.

on 2/11/2013 8:50:00 PM

It is getting so that ALL BBW frags are starting to smell alike. I tried this one in the store. Nothing special so I don't know why all the hype.
I find that the original old scents of yore at BBW were the most original therefore have been discontinued (you can get them online). I really think that BBW is geared for a young demographic, though I must confess I did buy Twilight Woods.

This scent isn't as nice as many of the other scents offered by Bath and Body Works, and did not appeal to me. It's a fruity type scent, but I couldn't pick out what type of fruit. I have found no better staying power, even with their acclaimed quality ingredients. The bottle looks like a Very Sexy bottle from Victoria's Secret, so no added costs there I should think. I just do not see any need for a price increase on this scent. This isn't a bad scent and might be a favorite to many, it's just not to me. I'd pay more for several of their other scents before purchasing this one. Bath and Body Works seems to be going backwards to me. They have had other scents that should have been permanent. This scent is already one they'll keep and they don't even know if it will be a favorite or not? I guess that's where the price increase comes from and what advertising will do for you. This will not be a purchase for myself or for gift giving.

Popular Fragrances