Bath and Body Works Forever Red

Filtered by age: 19-24
Bath and Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

4.1

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

B&BW has been slacking with their recent releases as they all smell the same to me, floral and one-noted! This is the exception though and their sweet redemption in my eyes was creating this yummy scent:) It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance that reminds me of hot, buttered rum and toasted marshmallows with a hint of ripe raspberries and pear. This is a complex frag but imo all the elements balance one another. Great for people who enjoy gourmand scents that smell good enough to eat! My only gripe is that the lasting power is so-so, it starts out strong and fierce but fades away within a few hours. Will repurchase as I'm almost on empty!

A bit pricy, but definitely the best fragrance B&BW has made. It does a have a higher alcohol smell than the others, but it dissipates after a few minutes. Warm and inviting, and definitely something more mature than my childhood favorite, warm vanilla sugar.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE Forever Red! I'm surprised by the amount of low reviews! Forever Red is one of my favorite BBW scents ever released. I tend to like darker scents (not very into fruity sweet scents) and this is one of my go to perfumes/lotions. I actually way prefer this over Midnight Pomegrante, as I do not like that scent very much at all. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. Love the red packaging as well!

on 6/20/2013 11:57:00 PM

I like this for a quick on the go scent. It's more of a summer time fragrance for me and it smells kind of fruity. The scent lasts a fairly long time and isn't too young like a lot of B&BW fragrances. I picked up 2 roller balls during their sale just to have with me as an extra. I would repurchase but only if it was on sale.

on 4/16/2013 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I cannot give a full review on this product as I had only bought it yesterday. I love the smell of it and the staying power on me was amazing. I tried the roller ball at the store and it smelled for HOURS. I bought the mini version so that I can try it more and decide if I completely love it. I am not familiar with any other scents this may be like because Bath and Body works is a new store in the area I live.
I can say that I really love the scent and the fact it didn't change on my skin like some other scents do. It was a nice sweet, mature smell.

on 3/11/2013 2:34:00 AM

While I've heard most complain about how Forever Red smells like a less complex version of Midnight Pomegranate, I completely agree... And I actually like FR more for it.
I owned Midnight Pomegranate and I never wore it, because it just didn't smell that good on me.

On me, it goes on smelling more like the vanilla rum with a light overtone of the fruity notes, unlike how it goes on others I've smelled it on. I really love it. I'm 20 but not a fan of their other scents since they smell like something middle schoolers wear, so I feel I fall into the demographic they were aiming at.

I bought the body lotion and the shower gel, and got the rollerball EDT for free. The packaging seems so much cheaper for a scent they want to tote as more mature, but that's nitpicking for me.
They all smell heavenly but I am so disappointed with the longevity of the scent... There is no lasting power at all! The shower gel makes my bathroom smell amazing after I've used it but even with layering the lotion on top, I can't smell it on me after a couple of hours max. The lotion isn't even that moisturizing either, which is a big disappointment.

I'm probably going to take them back and try the eau de parfum, or the triple moisture cream. If those don't work, I'll give up on such a nice scent and try to find something else.

I work at Bath and Body Works so I figured some additional information about the Forever Red line might provide some insight as to why we put it in the spotlight. Bath and Body Works launched "Forever Red" to compete with other big name perfume designers. It's theme was the sexiness, empowerment, and everything that embodies women.The ingredients that are the main focus are pomegranate, red osmanthus, marshmallow, peach, and rum. The reason why the line is so expensive is that the company spent over 30% in resources than normally used in our original signature scents. Also, many of the ingredients are rare and/or very expensive. Like the peaches they used only bloom in a specific region of France on certain times of the year as well as the rum they used is the most expensive ingredient they have ever used and it takes a large quantity to produce just a handful Forever Red products. Personally I think that this is a great perfume and look forward to see what other luxury perfumes BBW might create in the future. Hope that helps! :)

on 1/3/2013 1:28:00 AM

Forever Red seems to be a fragrance that people either love or hate - but personally, I LOVE the Forever Red line. It's fruity but sexy and warm. It does remind me of VC but I think that's why I like it - there is something more refined about this perfume than most BBW scents. I'm hooked and I love it. I find the packaging kind of cheap-looking but i can certainly overlook that aspect for this addictive scent. loves it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I didn't buy this product because of the price, but I did enjoy it. There wasn't anything very unique about it, but I did like it a lot. I was expecting something more, and this product is a lot like something that Victoria's Secret would sell. Next time I go to Bath and Body Works, I think I might purchase the body mist.

on 12/24/2012 11:39:00 PM

Forever Red is a favorite for me! The smell is so invigorating and sexy. I bought the Body Lotion, Shower Gel, and Fine Fragrance Mist. It's a triple threat combination. But, anyway, this is so worth the $60.00 I spent.

Popular Fragrances