Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille

Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille

3.3

on 7/16/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me first say that I love many of Goutal's scents and some classics like "Heure Exquise" are long time favourites of mine and are favourites in my collection.
This was the first and only Goutal scent that almost made me gag. I think it smells horrendous. Like mouldy, wet earth combined with overripe, rotting fruits. This scent combination is superstrong with a very strong endurance and sillage. I couldn't wait to wash this off and that rarely happens.
I had two different samples of this so I know this wasn't gone off when I tested it.
So, this might be for you if you like mouldy scents and if you like alcoholic fermented plums and such.
Absolutely not for me

on 5/25/2013 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a lovely, lush, old-fashioned chypre' with a few modern twists. If you have been hankering after a bottle of Roja Dove's "Unspoken", but can't get hold of it, this is a close cousin. It's delightful and rich, but probably not the best choice for people who hate patchouli!

on 11/1/2012 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

A few weeks ago while in NYC, my friends and I went on a sniffing tour around the city. We stopped at the Annick Goutal counter at Bergdorf Goodman and talked to Tom, and he showed us most of the line. I found Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille to be the most intriguing of the line, and I couldn't stop smelling it. Every store that carried it, I'd stop, spray, and sniff it again! The plum, iris, violet, and Indonesian patchouli blend together to give it a lipstick accord. I think the lipstick's color would be 1940s flaming red. To me, it smells of old glamor; I feel like I'm channeling Lauren Bacall by wearing this perfume. Sexy, mature, and a lot of sass. I've read such mixed reviews on this one, but I personally love it. But... if you don't like patchouli at all, (even though it's not up in your face -at least when I wear it), this may not be the fragrance for you, but I recommend to smell it at least once!!!

Popular Fragrances