Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille

Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille

4.5

on 5/25/2013 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a lovely, lush, old-fashioned chypre' with a few modern twists. If you have been hankering after a bottle of Roja Dove's "Unspoken", but can't get hold of it, this is a close cousin. It's delightful and rich, but probably not the best choice for people who hate patchouli!

on 11/1/2012 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

A few weeks ago while in NYC, my friends and I went on a sniffing tour around the city. We stopped at the Annick Goutal counter at Bergdorf Goodman and talked to Tom, and he showed us most of the line. I found Mon Parfum Cheri, Par Camille to be the most intriguing of the line, and I couldn't stop smelling it. Every store that carried it, I'd stop, spray, and sniff it again! The plum, iris, violet, and Indonesian patchouli blend together to give it a lipstick accord. I think the lipstick's color would be 1940s flaming red. To me, it smells of old glamor; I feel like I'm channeling Lauren Bacall by wearing this perfume. Sexy, mature, and a lot of sass. I've read such mixed reviews on this one, but I personally love it. But... if you don't like patchouli at all, (even though it's not up in your face -at least when I wear it), this may not be the fragrance for you, but I recommend to smell it at least once!!!

Popular Fragrances