3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

I have tried to give this foundation a fair shot over the past few months, and I find its application process quite strange: when I first apply and start blending with a buffing brush, it looks like a mask. It just sits on top of the skin, doesn't blend out too well and all of my dry spots are visible. However, after about 30 minutes of wear, it looks quite nice! I'm thinking it has to warm up on the skin for the best effect possible.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

7 months ago

I have dry, sensitive skin prone to eczema. I bought this foundation and matching concealer after being told it was suitable for my skin. I remember using it through winter and thinking this may be better as a summer foundation. I had the palest colour and I found it had an orangey tint to it. It is very very watery and during winter it didn’t match my skin so I put it in the drawer. Fast forward to summer I found my smashbox foundation a bit too heavy so I dug this one back out. I moisturised, applied primer and this just does not go on well. Its really hard to apply and I used my fingers, brushes and a beauty blender. I followed on with the concealer it looked ok ish at first but my skin was far from flawless. An hour later it was patchy and where I tried to build up a better coverage it had gone cakey. I’ve ready people saying after 6months this causes breakouts mine is much older than that and the finished result reminded me why I put it in the draw for so long. I’m washing my make up off and putting it in the bin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

10 months ago

I really do like this foundation. It looks very natural on me. I would consider it to be light coverage. I can really only compare it to other foundations that I’ve tried. It has more coverage than Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. It definitely has less coverage and looks a LOT more natural than Estée Lauder Daywear. I think that using the UD optical blurring brush to apply this might be the key to making it look pretty natural.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Ive been holding off on reviewing this until I gave it a few more wears with different applications / primers and final decision is - I LOVE IT Its beautiful, skin like, surprisingly long wearing and light but there are definitely, in my opinion, a couple of do's and donts to get the best wear out of it so here they are DO - Use a shimmery primer if you want a bit more glow. For me it seemed quite matte so I used with the Becca Backlight priming filter and application was amazing and has just made it a bit more dewy. Set with a light setting powder and spray and youll be good to go! DONT - use with a drying oil controlling primer - it will look cakey and crusty DO - Apply with a Beauty blender - although it tends to use a lot of product its the best application in terms of look DON'T - use a stippling brush. It looked like it was sat on top of my pores and didnt blur them at all. This is my every day go to foundation if the above is used, which has made such a difference as initially I thought I didnt like it much!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

I recently rediscovered this foundation whilst shopping my stash and I couldn't believe I had been sleeping on this... WOW! It applies like a dream and I found that it barely emphasizes my dry patches. It lasted really well throughout the day with fading only slightly on my T-Zone when I barely set it down. This foundation just looks like my skin but better. It can be built-up to a medium coverage and also sheered out for a lighter, everyday look. This could be my Holy Grail foundation for sure.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

I call this the foundation for people who hate the feel of foundation on their face. It’s my HG. I’ve combination skin and live in humid Singapore. It lasts all day and doesn’t oxydize. All I need is a pump if the stuff each time. It’s very liquid and easy to blend with a brush. I’ve not tried building up coverage though. I’m pleased by the medium coverage and Demi matte look. Also this brand doesn’t test on animals - that’s very important for me.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

a year ago

This is a very lightweight, sheer to medium coverage foundation, which is great for everyday wear. It would probably not be that suitable for dry skin, but for my oily skin it's perfect. The finish is neither too dewy nor matte, it is rather natural. I wear this during work-outs and it lasts just fine, better than many other high-end foundations I have tried. There are no claims to it being long-wearing, so I had no unrealistic expectations. On me it lasts around 8 hours before it starts to fade, but even when it does fade, it does so gracefully. Oils do come through pretty early on, but blotting fixes that without considerable transfer. When the skin is oily there will be oils, it is just a systemic matter that no product can resolve, thus it is not fair to expect cosmetic products that are applied externally to fix oily skin without causing clogged pores. to sum it up, this is a very good foundation for everyday wear. The only con is the chemical smell, but that dissipates in a matter of seconds and hasn't caused me an adverse reaction, which is awesome considering I've had problems with Estee Lauder's Double Wear and Double Wear Light in the past - both claim to be dermatologically tested and non acnegenic - and they both gave me contact dermatitis.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

I started breaking out on my cheeks due to using the Infallible 24h fresh wear foundation / Rimmel True Match foundation - they gave me painful red cysts on my cheeks. I thought this was hormonal acne, but after reading reviews on them, lots of people had the same experience as me. So I bought this due to good reviews and I’m so glad I did. My skin is clearing up well and I’ve had no new cysts since using it (used it for around a week now). I’ve had so many compliments on my skin/foundation. Never cakes, looks really natural, buildable coverage, lots of shades, keeps skin oil free through the day and no need to blot. People say that it is too runny, but if you shake for 30 secs before using it’s fine! Pricey but worth it. Amazing for acne oily / acne prone skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesBlue

a year ago

Thin and runny liquid. Gives light to medium coverage with a smooth weightless lightly powdered demi-matte finish. Doesn't collect in lines at all, doesn't collect into pores much but does emphasise the largest pores. Covers redness and evens out the skin but doesn't cover major imperfections. Even though Looks pretty natural on skin but gives that typical "I'm wearing foundation" tight FEEL on my skin. Does have the tendency to ball up a tiny bit over itself or over dry patches. However if I apply primer oil first (or mix a bit of any facial oil in with it first) it goes on much more smoothly and gives a satin effect. I have combo mid 40's skin at the moment. Oxidises a little, but not much and it doesn't go orange. Shade 2.0 has a peachy yellow undertone. Its a bit dark for my summer shade but since the undertone is so close and the finish so natural I could get away with it.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

lovely light buildable coverage. you need to make sure your skin is prepped, and apply with a brush but I'm super happy as it doesn't look cakey...

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43