Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tribehenin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. All shades may contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/24/2016 9:47:00 AM

This is my favorite foundation I have ever tried. This will give you the most natural skin looking finish. But it also is buildable and has medium to full coverage. The only downside is for dryer skin you will need to exfoliate when using this since its not a hydrating formula. This is best to normal or oily skin types. Also you must use a primer with this in order for it to last all day otherwise after a few hours it will fade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 0.5
My Skin: Sensitive, acne-prone (sometimes cystic), combination-dry, lot's of acne scarring on jawline and cheeks

For a long time I avoided this foundation because I knew the coverage was light and I have a lot to cover. After years I just decided to give it a try.

Pros:
- The shade is perfect for my pink fair skin.
-It easily evened out my redness and skin tone
- Was able to hide my texture issues
- Felt like nothing was on my skin unless my skin was dryer that day
-Stayed on all day without getting cakey or rubbing off. It survived a 17 hour wear-day and an outdoor wedding in 96 degree heat.
-Bottle and pump are the sleekest and nicest I've used in a foundation.
-Did not break me out

Cons:
-Like I said, I have a lot to cover and even building it up I couldn't cover all my scars or blemishes. Therefore I had to use a lot of pumps and went through the bottle quickly.
-Sometimes it was too matte for my skin so if you're more oily I think this is great for you.

I will repurchase this foundation for when I just want my skin to look even but still look like skin. I really do like this and when my skin is more clear I'd probably wear this everyday.

To Read all 804 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first higher end foundation I have ever splurged on, and wow, what a difference from drugstore.

Looks best applied with a beauty blender, and depending on the amount of product used the coverage could be anywhere from light-heavy! The finish is in between matte and glowy which is perfect. Absolutely fantastic.

Love this product. (not the biggest fan of the naked concealer though, haha)

on 7/17/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using the Naked Skin liquid foundation for about 2 years now without a primer. So many of the foundations I've tried in the past have either remained tacky on my skin and got oily looking throughout the day, or dried out and made my already dehydrated skin look flakey and patchy. This foundation has the most comfortable wear, feels light and never tacky or greasy, and dries down to a natural finish. On me, it actually looks better as the day goes on as it starts to meld with my natural face oils.
The coverage is sheer to medium, and while it could be built up, I think it looks best as a light layer under concealer. It can make a great tinted moisturizer mixed with my daily moisturizer (Olay sensitive skin). I even sometimes apply jojoba oil to my face when it feels extra dry and it never interferes with the foundation. I typically use a brush to apply, and even though this is a very watery formula, it doesn't disappear in the bristles. The color range / tone is decent, but not extraordinary.

Some other things I like about it: no SPF, doesn't break me out or aggravate existing breakouts, pump packaging, fairly simple ingredient list, no fragrance or fluff, cruelty-free.

Things I don't like about it: the smell is very plastic-y at first, it's not transfer/smudge-proof, all of my caps have cracked and eventually the inner tube holding the foundation separates from the outer plastic, if you only want a medium coverage, you are going to go through this very quickly (it's not very concentrated).

I am not a die-hard UD fan, but I've stuck with this foundation for a long time IMO, and it's become my standard for comparing other foundations I try. I think anyone who wants a natural-looking foundation should give this a try.

on 7/16/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation!!! I have slightly oily skin which gets worse during the summertime, but it works so well when I apply it with a kabuki brush. I don't like putting it on with a damp beauty blender because I feel like the water interferes with the product (not just sheering it out). With setting powder, it covers my blemishes all day long. A little might come off if I need to blot, but not much. In addition, I love the numbering system (.0 for warm .5 for cool) and my shade matches my skin tone. You could probably find a really comparable dupe, but this works very well.

on 7/16/2016 11:08:00 AM

This is my holy grail foundation, it's amazing, the only thing I can say is my cap that goes over the pump always falls off, so if I ever kept it in a makeup bag it would probably go all over

on 7/9/2016 9:48:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Liquid makeup and am on my third or fourth bottle. I've been going between this and the Makeup Forever line. Previously I've purchased this foundation via the Sephora website and bought it in 1.0 (I am a fair skinned redhead). Lo and behold, got it from the store last night and discovered that 1.5 was actually closer to my skintone. Like another older reviewer mentioned, this is great for enhancing the skin. I actually mix my own version of a BB cream - a half a pump of the foundation, a bit of base primer, and a squirt of Nars serum and apply it over my entire face with my fingers. THEN I use a beauty blender or a foundation brush to apply more to my nose (tends to be ruddy) and any areas requiring more coverage. Very buildable. I set everything with cle de peau Beaute translucent powder, which I adore and is worth every penny. The Makeup Forever foundation is a BIT heavier. My only complaint with this is the packaging. It has a pump bottle and there is always a decent amount left inside that you cannot get out. It's irritating.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this foundation for about a year now. I will tell you that I wasn't sure I loved it for quite a while. Although I am around a NW20 in MAC, finding a good match in UD was tough. It took three tries. Well, actually only two because the first one was so far off I had to wonder what the SA was thinking. Anyway, I ended up with the shade 3.5. It still felt a little yellow to me, although I managed to make it work pretty well.

Enter the Beauty Blender sponge. Why had I never thought of that before? Dunno, but it made ALL the difference. I have pretty good skin considering I'm in my mid-50s, and when I use the BB, this foundation goes on so well it looks like my skin is absolutely perfect. (Relatively speaking, of course. I do have some wrinkles and a few spots, although great skin care is keeping those at bay pretty nicely.)

I apply this after I've put on my serum and sunscreen, with no other primer, then use less than a full pump. I don't really care much for the look of covering things with foundation and really only want it to enhance my skin, and that is the perfect amount for me. So, yeah, light to medium coverage. Then I just pounce, pounce, pounce with the BB, and in mere seconds, my skin looks fabulous, smooth, even, and just like really good skin.

It lasts all day without getting oily, and still looks as good at the end of the day as it did when i put it on. I do kind of hate the price but using so little, it lasts me forever, and when I consider all the foundations I've tried and hated, this is not a bad deal at all.

Got a sample at Sephora because the lady working recommended it to me based on my desire for a natural-looking medium coverage foundation that would suit my oily skin and not look gross on any dry patches I may have. The consistency is extremely liquidy and thin. It does feel very light on the skin and never feels heavy to me. The coverage is decent, definitely on the light/medium side. It looks very pretty and natural on the skin and did not separate weirdly or break up during the day, although my skin did get very oily. I would not purchase the full size foundation because it doesn't do anything to control my oily skin in the least. If you have normal skin without that much acne or other skin issues I think this would be a good foundation for you!

I have mixed feelings regarding the Naked Skin foundation.

It is by all means NOT a bad foundation, I just didn't think it was that special. I was in the color 1.0, which was a perfect match for my pale skin.

The consistancy is very lightweight, runny and liquidy, which I liked. It however did emphasize some dryness on my then winter skin and wasn't the best foundation for layering (aka easy cakeface). I wish the finish would have been more dewy and skin like as the name suggests. For me I feel it just sat on top of my skin and didn't really do anything.

The bottle is very sleek and beautiful and the pump makes it very easy to use and pump out the right amount. For me ~1.5 pumps was the perfect amount to cover my whole face.

I did love the shade of this foundation, thus I am thinking of maybe repurchasing it. Perhaps it just isn't suitable for dry winter skin.