Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tribehenin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. All shades may contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/20/2018 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great lightweight, light-medium coverage foundation that gives a natural look and no cakiness. Very spreadable, a little goes a long way. This is my foundation of choice for the summer.

Make sure to give the bottle a good shake before using. I didn't use it for a while and forgot to shake, ended up giving me an orangey tone that time.

It's very liquidy so I find applying with a foundation brush to get coverage, followed by a beauty blender to deal with any streaks gives the best results.

I really enjoy using this foundation! It has a natural light-medium coverage which is buildable. I find the best way to apply it is with a damp beauty blender. It provides the right amount of coverage whilst still being skin-like - which is the effect I want from this foundation. It's a real 'my skin but better' foundation. Your imperfections will be covered, but it doesn't look at all heavy and cakes. Some freckles may peek through, but redness and blemishes are well covered. I absolutely love how this looks on my skin! It lasts well all day, and doesn't transfer. It looks as flawless after work as it does beforehand. Asides from on my chin. My only issue with this foundation is that it breaks up on my chin area. I am at a loss as to why. It doesn't break up or separate anywhere else on my face, only on my chin. For this reason I can't give it a full 5 lipsticks. On most of my face it is perfect, on my chin not so much. Otherwise, I love this foundation. I will definitely continue to use it and try and find a way to make it work on my chin. It doesn't cause redness or breakouts. I would recommend this for sure, but I would suggest trying out a sample before committing to a whole bottle.

on 7/2/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just got a sample of this (shade 2.0) from Sephora. It's EXTREMELY runny. Water-based for sure. I applied dabs over my face, over my #1 primer (Guerlain's Meteorites) and after about 2 hours - the formula was a bit shiny, but had also sunk into all my pores. Even with wearing the Becca's Ever-Matte primer on my trouble spots. No bueno.

The 2.0 shade is a bit too light for my summer tan NC20 skin. I debated on trying 3.0 or 3.25, but after seeing how this seeped into my pores, I will not be even retesting the sample. I have dry but also oily/shiny skin from BP topical gel. It does give nice light coverage if that is what you are looking for (I am) but the watery + silcone mix didn't like my pores. I have pores EVERYWHERE which I normally do not see when wearing cheaper, more matte foundations.

on 6/28/2018 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

With the UK experiencing a heatwave (or as close to a heatwave as we are likely to get), I was on the hunt for a lightweight, natural foundation to wear day-to-day because my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid was starting to feel a little too heavy. The Naked Skin sounded up my 'alley' (pun intended) so I got colour matched in store and took home a tester. The rest, as they say, is history...

This does EXACTLY what it says on the tin...looks like you're wearing nothing, feels like you're wearing nothing but still provides a good medium, demi-matte coverage that MELTS into the skin. Beautiful. You will need to powder (especially if combo/oily) but the oil control is surprisingly decent for a foundation that doesn't claim to control oil. It is the perfect hybrid between matte and dewy - ideal for combination skins. Even more surprisingly, this photographs superbly - pores blurred and very naturally perfected. I'm shook. The best thing? One pump covers the entire face so 30ml's is going to last you a reasonably decent length of time. I personally don't find it a particularly buildable formula, despite Urban Decay's claims - on my face, one pump meshes with the skin, two pumps can risk looking greasy as the day progresses. You guessed it - the Urban Decay Naked Skin has been my summer weapon of choice for the past few months. A gorgeous formula, chic packaging and beautifully fresh, youthful skin...definitely worth trying a tester!

PROS
Medium, demi matte coverage that literally MELTS into the skin - the name 'naked skin' is no lie!
Perfect hybrid between matte and dewy - ideal for combo skins
Surpringly good oil control for a foundation that does not claim to control oil
Fantastic colour range for paler skins
Photographs well, offering a naturally pretty look
Feels very lightweight
Full of skin nourishing ingredients that boost the skin
One pump is the perfect amount for covering the whole face so product should prove fairly economical
Chic packaging that is travel friendly
Not ridiculously expensive - under £30! £28.50 without an offer but around £24-£25 with an offer. Prices on par with MAC foundations - high end without breaking the bank!
Urban Decay do not test on animals

CONS
Despite Urban Decay's claims, this is not that buildable
No SPF

As you can see, I struggled to find many cons. This is a gorgeous, natural foundation that is perfect for the summer months as it is lightweight but still offers a good medium coverage.

Well done, Urban Decay!

on 5/12/2018 11:14:00 PM

Pros
Wears well and looks better as the day goes by
very buildable
Not greasy on top of murad oil control mattifier(i dont even set this foundation when using this moisturizer)
Colors good (3.0 for nc20-25 in mac, 120 maybelline, b20 chanel, nars concealer custard and foundation in ceylan, light neutral tarte shape tape)

Cons
Can cling to dry patches
does not cover acne/red scars until the 2nd layer/pump
Smells like paint

i think this is breaking me out so back to the store it goes. im am sticking to just using my concealer and translucent powder for a light and natural look, all liquid foundations feel masklike to me. the only better option for my liking is a new discovery of nars sheer glow. its exactly what im looking for. the ud is light coverage which i had to layer more but the sheer glow is medium and natural coverage so i can use less. Also it doesnt smell like paint lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation was wrong for me in every way. It dries to a powdery finish and creases when you smile. I bought this in shade 3.0 because I have light golden beige skin. This is a horrible match. As it oxides with my oily skin it turns ORANGE! The makeup wears off as the day progresses. And to top it all off, it’s expensive. Not one good quality. Will never buy again.

on 5/1/2018 3:04:00 PM

Thank you Jesus, Hallelujah!!! Bought this on a whim at Marshall's for $19 in shade number 1.0 and omg this is a miracle!!! Not only the shade matches perfectly (was a complete gamble because discount stores don't have testers), the texture, coverage and finish is a dream! The shade match is nothing short of amazing as I am a true neutral with no discernable undertone, so the overwhelming majority of foundations are either too pink, too orange, or too chalky. I could end this review right here, because I would wear the heck out of it even if everything else about it was crap just for the perfect shade match alone, but it's not crap! It's great! Only a tiny amount is needed applied with a buffing brush (I use MAC 187 foundation brush) to get the most amazing velvety smooth texture and good coverage without caking or creasing. I set it with the RCMA powder on the t-zone and find that it wears gloriously for at least 8 hours. I also have worn it with the UD All-nighter Setting Spray (used more for the sake of eyeshadow and blush) to equally great results. This one's definitely a keeper. Will repurchase even at full price.

on 4/18/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was so excited to finally try this foundation. Urban Decay is one of the only high end (ish) makeup brands that isn't severely ramped up here Sweden, which makes UD products pretty affordable in comparison to most other high end brands. For reference, I paid $42 here in Sweden, compared to the $40 listing at sephora.com.

I really appreciate the different shade numbers corresponding to different undertones. More brands should do this. I went with 0.5, which is the lightest shade with cool undertones. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect match for me - it just doesn't look quite right. I think it's the undertone that is the problem, it might be a little too warm for me. More neutral and peachy than cool and pink. It's not an awful match, just not a perfect one. I think it may oxidize a little bit on me, because every time I apply it I think "this isn't bad" and wonder why I didn't like the look of it last time - then a few hours later I'm like "oh yeah, now I remember". A few lightning drops from The Body Shop might do wonders - I've yet to try that.

I usually don't like really runny foundations because they are hard to apply - a sponge will take away any coverage, and a brush will often make the application look streaky. This is the first thin foundation that have thoroughly enjoyed the application of. I use a pretty dense buffing brush (think Real Techniques Sculpting brush or Elf's Ultimate Blending brush) and it goes on very nicely. A lot more coverage than you would expect (though still only medium coverage at most) from the consistency, and it never looks streaky. The finish is more dewy than matte, but not extremely so. It looks pretty skin-like, so it definitely lives up to its name.

My problem, apart from the shade not being quite cool enough, is the longevity. It "lifts" pretty early on in my t-zone. Within maybe 4 hours, my t-zone will start to look oiler than I'm used to, and if I touch my skin the foundation all but wipes off. I'm a glasses wearer, and though no foundation has ever stood the test of time around where my glasses rest on my nose, this one does especially bad.

I do really like the initial finish of the foundation, so I'm going to keep trying to find products that work well with it and that can give it a longer wear time. I'll update the review if I do. As if right now, it's a pretty straight forward 3/5. It probably works better on people with normal to dry skin, as opposed to my combo skin.

+ Cruelty free (parent company, L'Oreal, isn't though)
+ Vegan
+ Nice looking see through bottle, good pump
+ Natural but pretty radiant finish
+ Quick and easy to apply pretty flawlessly

- I find 0.5 too warm
- I get oiler in the t-zone than I'm used to
- Doesn't wear very long or very well

on 4/16/2018 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I wear this in shade 8.75 (NC45 for ref). I really do not like this foundation. It is very thin and watery. The coverage is full imo. This foundation is inappropriately titled "Naked". There is nothing skinlike, sheer, subtle or discrete about this. You literally see the foundation on the skin and it is not a blending issue.

It is mask like. I covers everything if you are into that sort of foundation, I am not. It also moves around alot on the skin. Sweat and sunglasses marks are very visible and it transfers like a mother. This oxides a bit on me. I mix this foundation with my LORAC primer right now and it works.

This foundation is great for pics on instagram. In person, this looks like heavy make up which I don't care for.

Update: 08/01/2018. I started using this with a beauty blender type sponge and I suppose this is the key. The foundation seems more flawless when blended with this type of sponge. However, it still doesn't set properly. When set with the UD naked skin ultra definition powder, it transfers and moves around on the skin.

I've tried using this foundation so many times since I threw away the box and can't return it but I would honestly rather wear nothing on my face at all. The formula is very thin, which can be nice except that it dries to a powdery finish and clings to every pore and imperfection on my face including fine lines. To top it all off if you dare to touch your face at all it completely comes off...

I'm so frustrated that I have a whole bottle full of this and will probably end up having to throw it away. What a waste of money.