Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tribehenin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. All shades may contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

This is the 3rd foundation I've ever owned in my life....and it's definitely not the best...

**Application: It's quite a watery foundation so I've ALWAYS used a non-silicone hydrating and/or illuminating primer underneath: usually the Guerlain Meteorites or the Too Faced Hangover. I've blended with both a foundation brush and a beauty blender. Finally I would set it with either the recently discontinued UD naked loose powder or Guerlain meteorites powder.

**Results: Well... when you layer it once it looks divine, ALMOST second skin. Keyword: ALMOST. However if you try to build up this foundation it will look cakey & it becomes extremely obvious that you're wearing foundation. It's really a shame because it feels so lightweight on the skin! This is LITERALLY THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE with this foundation!

PROS:
- Doesn't settle into fine lines, crease or cling onto dry patches
- Long-lasting
- Lightweight on the skin
- Doesn't cause acne or irritate the skin
- DOESN'T OXIDISE

CONS:
- Try to layer it more than once anddd BOOM! cake-face!
- Not suitable for people looking for a second skin type foundation
- Uncertain whether it will build up to full coverage

So yea! Purchase with caution. It ticks all the boxes... Except one. Sadly for me, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/5/2018 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very good for sensitive skin. Medium-light coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This foundation is very liquidy and a little goes a long way. At first the finish is beautiful, pores and lines are blurred and it looks like your skin but better. I also loved how this foundation felt like not wearing anything. I have aging, combo skin and within 2 hours the foundation was very shiny and I had to do touch ups. At the 4 hour mark, it was quite faded and accentuated my pores. I tried different primers and powders to no avail so this product was returned.

on 7/20/2018 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great lightweight, light-medium coverage foundation that gives a natural look and no cakiness. Very spreadable, a little goes a long way. This is my foundation of choice for the summer.

Make sure to give the bottle a good shake before using. I didn't use it for a while and forgot to shake, ended up giving me an orangey tone that time.

It's very liquidy so I find applying with a foundation brush to get coverage, followed by a beauty blender to deal with any streaks gives the best results.

I really enjoy using this foundation! It has a natural light-medium coverage which is buildable. I find the best way to apply it is with a damp beauty blender. It provides the right amount of coverage whilst still being skin-like - which is the effect I want from this foundation. It's a real 'my skin but better' foundation. Your imperfections will be covered, but it doesn't look at all heavy and cakes. Some freckles may peek through, but redness and blemishes are well covered. I absolutely love how this looks on my skin! It lasts well all day, and doesn't transfer. It looks as flawless after work as it does beforehand. Asides from on my chin. My only issue with this foundation is that it breaks up on my chin area. I am at a loss as to why. It doesn't break up or separate anywhere else on my face, only on my chin. For this reason I can't give it a full 5 lipsticks. On most of my face it is perfect, on my chin not so much. Otherwise, I love this foundation. I will definitely continue to use it and try and find a way to make it work on my chin. It doesn't cause redness or breakouts. I would recommend this for sure, but I would suggest trying out a sample before committing to a whole bottle.

on 7/2/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just got a sample of this (shade 2.0) from Sephora. It's EXTREMELY runny. Water-based for sure. I applied dabs over my face, over my #1 primer (Guerlain's Meteorites) and after about 2 hours - the formula was a bit shiny, but had also sunk into all my pores. Even with wearing the Becca's Ever-Matte primer on my trouble spots. No bueno.

The 2.0 shade is a bit too light for my summer tan NC20 skin. I debated on trying 3.0 or 3.25, but after seeing how this seeped into my pores, I will not be even retesting the sample. I have dry but also oily/shiny skin from BP topical gel. It does give nice light coverage if that is what you are looking for (I am) but the watery + silcone mix didn't like my pores. I have pores EVERYWHERE which I normally do not see when wearing cheaper, more matte foundations.

on 6/28/2018 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

With the UK experiencing a heatwave (or as close to a heatwave as we are likely to get), I was on the hunt for a lightweight, natural foundation to wear day-to-day because my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid was starting to feel a little too heavy. The Naked Skin sounded up my 'alley' (pun intended) so I got colour matched in store and took home a tester.

This does EXACTLY what it says on the tin...looks like you're wearing nothing, feels like you're wearing nothing but still provides a good medium, demi-matte coverage that MELTS into the skin. You will need to powder (especially if combo/oily) but the oil control is surprisingly decent for a foundation that doesn't claim to control oil. It is the perfect hybrid between matte and dewy - ideal for combination skins. Even more surprisingly, this photographs superbly - pores blurred and very naturally perfected. One pump covers the entire face so 30ml's is going to last you a reasonably decent length of time. I personally don't find it a particularly buildable formula, despite Urban Decay's claims - on my face, one pump meshes with the skin, two pumps can risk looking greasy as the day progresses. I do find the watery texture can settle into lines a little and the colour isn't perfect (if I bought this again I’d perhaps try shade 2), but that aside, the Urban Decay Naked Skin has been my summer weapon of choice for the past few months.

PROS
Medium, demi matte coverage that literally MELTS into the skin - the name 'naked skin' is no lie!
Perfect hybrid between matte and dewy - ideal for combo skins
Surpringly good oil control for a foundation that does not claim to control oil
Photographs well, offering a naturally pretty look
Feels very lightweight
Full of skin nourishing ingredients that boost the skin
One pump is the perfect amount for covering the whole face so product should prove fairly economical
Chic packaging that is travel friendly
Not ridiculously expensive - under £30! £28.50 without an offer but around £24-£25 with an offer. Prices on par with MAC foundations - high end without breaking the bank!
Urban Decay do not test on animals

CONS
Despite Urban Decay's claims, this is not that buildable
Not the best longevity wise - wears away after the 6-8 hour mark
The watery texture can settle into fine lines a little
No SPF

Overall, yes, there are a couple of cons, but generally this is a gorgeous, natural foundation that is perfect for the summer months as it is lightweight but still offers a good medium coverage.

Well done, Urban Decay!

on 5/12/2018 11:14:00 PM

Pros
Wears well and looks better as the day goes by
very buildable
Not greasy on top of murad oil control mattifier(i dont even set this foundation when using this moisturizer)
Colors good (3.0 for nc20-25 in mac, 120 maybelline, b20 chanel, nars concealer custard and foundation in ceylan, light neutral tarte shape tape)

Cons
Can cling to dry patches
does not cover acne/red scars until the 2nd layer/pump
Smells like paint

i think this is breaking me out so back to the store it goes. im am sticking to just using my concealer and translucent powder for a light and natural look, all liquid foundations feel masklike to me. the only better option for my liking is a new discovery of nars sheer glow. its exactly what im looking for. the ud is light coverage which i had to layer more but the sheer glow is medium and natural coverage so i can use less. Also it doesnt smell like paint lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation was wrong for me in every way. It dries to a powdery finish and creases when you smile. I bought this in shade 3.0 because I have light golden beige skin. This is a horrible match. As it oxides with my oily skin it turns ORANGE! The makeup wears off as the day progresses. And to top it all off, it’s expensive. Not one good quality. Will never buy again.

on 5/1/2018 3:04:00 PM

Thank you Jesus, Hallelujah!!! Bought this on a whim at Marshall's for $19 in shade number 1.0 and omg this is a miracle!!! Not only the shade matches perfectly (was a complete gamble because discount stores don't have testers), the texture, coverage and finish is a dream! The shade match is nothing short of amazing as I am a true neutral with no discernable undertone, so the overwhelming majority of foundations are either too pink, too orange, or too chalky. I could end this review right here, because I would wear the heck out of it even if everything else about it was crap just for the perfect shade match alone, but it's not crap! It's great! Only a tiny amount is needed applied with a buffing brush (I use MAC 187 foundation brush) to get the most amazing velvety smooth texture and good coverage without caking or creasing. I set it with the RCMA powder on the t-zone and find that it wears gloriously for at least 8 hours. I also have worn it with the UD All-nighter Setting Spray (used more for the sake of eyeshadow and blush) to equally great results. This one's definitely a keeper. Will repurchase even at full price.