Ulta Double Duty Primer & Foundation

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a decent foundation for the money. For me, it works better as my winter foundation. As far as application, I find that it goes on best with a damp beauty blender. It offers a good amount of coverage, but it is very thick.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Ultimately, this irritates my eyes just a tiny bit, for that I can't recommend it. However, I will probably use up what I have.

First review: This is almost HG status. It's an amazing color match for PPP skin. I'm a 40 something with few lines and rosacea--meaning I'm looking for a foundation that covers well and is very pale. This is both. It dries down to a powder, and looks sophisticated, but not overdone.

This is also non-comedegenic, gluten-free and hypoallergenic. I have bad allergies and celiac and my itchy eyes don't react to this. I'm sort of blown away.

At $12, full price, I have to add this to the line of really well-priced gluten-free makeup I love from Ulta. (Their lipsticks and cream eyeshadows,are also favorites.)

The ingredients are made in bulk in Italy and assembled in China. Recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I liked that this has an spf 20, which means no extra layer of sunscreen. I could not make it work. It just sits on my skin like paste. I tried many application methods and it just aged me. Brought out every wrinkle and dent.

on 8/20/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is incredibly thick. Thicker than tarte Amazonian clay or rimmel stay matte. The coverage is pretty good though, and I find that it applies best with your fingers or a damp beauty blender. It will get caked up in the bristles if you use a brush. It works well with oily skin, but I still need a setting spray, and a little powder throughout the day for it to last past 8 hours.

on 10/29/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a surprisingly excellent full-coverage, oil-free foundation. It has the thickest consistency of any foundation I've ever used--more of a paste than a cream. I squeeze some out into the crease of my palm and close my hand in an attempt to distribute the makeup more thinly (it's so thick that this doesn't do much), then dab my Sephora #55 brush into it and brush it over my face. A small amount covers extremely well. I buff the foundation to keep it from looking pasty, and it lasts all day on my very oily skin. It has a matte finish.

Shade guidance: Nude Beige is a perfect match for my skin, and I also wear NW20 in Mac SFF, 120 in MUFE HD, and 103 (True Ivory) in Rimmel Lasting Finish.

Price: the official price is $12, but Ulta has sales on its own makeup line very often. I got mine for $5.