Ulta Double Duty Primer & Foundation

Ulta Double Duty Primer & Foundation

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a decent foundation for the money. For me, it works better as my winter foundation. As far as application, I find that it goes on best with a damp beauty blender. It offers a good amount of coverage, but it is very thick.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Ultimately, this irritates my eyes just a tiny bit, for that I can't recommend it. However, I will probably use up what I have.

First review: This is almost HG status. It's an amazing color match for PPP skin. I'm a 40 something with few lines and rosacea--meaning I'm looking for a foundation that covers well and is very pale. This is both. It dries down to a powder, and looks sophisticated, but not overdone.

This is also non-comedegenic, gluten-free and hypoallergenic. I have bad allergies and celiac and my itchy eyes don't react to this. I'm sort of blown away.

At $12, full price, I have to add this to the line of really well-priced gluten-free makeup I love from Ulta. (Their lipsticks and cream eyeshadows,are also favorites.)

The ingredients are made in bulk in Italy and assembled in China. Recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I liked that this has an spf 20, which means no extra layer of sunscreen. I could not make it work. It just sits on my skin like paste. I tried many application methods and it just aged me. Brought out every wrinkle and dent.

on 8/20/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is incredibly thick. Thicker than tarte Amazonian clay or rimmel stay matte. The coverage is pretty good though, and I find that it applies best with your fingers or a damp beauty blender. It will get caked up in the bristles if you use a brush. It works well with oily skin, but I still need a setting spray, and a little powder throughout the day for it to last past 8 hours.

on 11/24/2014 12:36:00 AM

Just for some reference on my skin type: I have normal to slightly oily skin, not overly dry. I use cetaphil for a cleanser and moisturizer and I also use a microderm scrub to keep it polished and to avoid nasty dry patches, especially now that winter is here.
I'm someone who usually avoids foundations because they are all too liquidy and I feel like I'm just caking up my face and not leaving any room to breathe with most foundations, so generally I just avoid them. I saw this one at Ulta when I was with a friend and she told me her mom uses it and likes it, and I like a little more coverage in the winter, so I decided to try it.
Holy crap, I am so glad that I did. This is not liquidy AT ALL. Its almost half way between a liquid to powder foundation and a powder.
I apply by dabbing it all over my face (you do have to use a little more of this, so don't feel like you are using too much if you are only pinching out a little and its not going too far), and then using the real techniques all over face brush (freaking love their brushes, would recommend them to anyone) to blend it all in and buff it in. Then after that I use their foundation brush to blend in my pressed powder (Lerenim brand, buy it at a health food store-love it, very good coverage and good for your skin too!).
The effect of this stuff in conjunction with my pressed powder is awesome. I think it provides an excellent coverage as well as providing a primer for your powder, if you use one. You could use this stuff alone, however I wouldn't say that it's a full coverage foundation if that is what you are looking for.
It's a smooth and silky texture, and it's on the thicker side so I could see how it would take a few tries to get it the right coverage and applied correctly on to the skin, but I have had zero problems with it so far.
The price is just right for me. I would even pay more for it! If you like a liquid foundation, I wouldn't try this I don't think you will like it. But if you are looking for a foundation that is not liquidy and looking for something that leaves your skin looking and feeling natural and NOT oily, I would try this.
Finally, this is paraben free! Ole! I love that I not only love this product, but its also totally paraben free AND it actually works. If I can find products that actually work and that are paraben free I jump on that boat. I love that Ulta is making a move towards products that are healthier for your skin and better for the environment.
Obviously everyones skin is different so this probably wont work for everyone, but I would seriously recommend at least trying it. I'm in love with it. Thank you, Ulta!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Foundation comes out amlite thick. and def needs some practice to get the application on just right. It covers very well for me, and doesn't feel or look cakey. I have had it on for 6 hrs so far, and its controlling my oily skin moderatly well so far. I def will buy this again. :0)

I actually really like this foundation, although when I first tried it, I was ready to return it. Here's the story. I had just run out of my ColorStay Whipped foundation, which was perfect timing - I don't really like to wear that in the summer because IMO it doesn't last well in the heat, at least not on me. Ulta was having a 2 for $10 sale on this foundation, which was a great price considering it's usually $12.50 per tube. I pored over the shade descriptions on the website (yellow undertones! Woohoo!!), went to the store and tested the shades and decided on Nude Beige for everyday wear and Natural Beige for when I have a tan.

Since it was early summer and I hadn't been out in the sun much, I used the Nude Beige first. It came out really weird, kind of like a thick paste, and I had trouble dotting it evenly on my face. But that's what blending's for, right? I picked up one of my trusty wedge sponges and started to blend. And blend. And blend. It went nowhere. Well, almost nowhere. It made a streaky mess. I finally picked up my dual-bristle (skunk) brush, which I use to apply my Colorstay Whipped, and blended as best I could. Wow, was I pale. Nude Beige is SO not the color for me, even pre-pool days. My heart sank. I was running late for work so no time to redo - I applied some tinted powder and bronzer to make me look like less of a zombie and called it a day.

The next day I opened the Natural Beige, which I thought I wouldn't need until August. Wrong - it matched my mid-June skin perfectly. The consistency was the same, thick and pasty, but this time I avoided the wedge sponge altogether and just used my skunk brush. Worked great. It blended well, and although I could see how people with dry patches might find this foundation emphasizes them, my skin hasn't been dry and if I moisturize with Clean and Clear Morning Burst Hydrating gel moisturizer, it blends really well and sinks into my skin. I really like it and would recommend it. However, after you read the descriptions and/or test it in person, go one shade darker.

I'll probably need to pick up another one to carry me through the end of the summer until my tan starts to fade, but I will definitely keep using this. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with my Nude Beige. Maybe I'll keep it in case I want to be Alice Cullen for Halloween one year.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation was just okay. Very basic. Not a lot of shades to choose from. Packaging was okay although I prefer a pump but I did find that this did crease.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite foundation. It's full cover but easy to spread and not cakey at all. It does tend to stick to some of my drier places on my face and look flakey, but it evens out after a while. And it's almost always on some sort sale too. I've been using the same tube since July on an every day basis. It lasts forever and it perfect.

on 12/23/2013 4:31:00 PM

If you're looking for full coverage this is your best bet within the ulta line. This foundation is a thick paste but spreads suprisingly easily.There are 20 shades to choose from and they even have dark shades and shades with a yellow undertone. It covers all of my acne scars and my current breakouts! If you buy double duty during Ulta's buy 2 get 2 free promotion and use thier weekly coupon you can get 4 tubes of foundation for 20$. You can't beet the coverage or quality for the price.