Aquolina Gold Sugar

Aquolina Gold Sugar

The scent is more of a sweet banilla brule. I love it!! Bought the small bottle at tj Max for like $6. I recommend it!!

on 6/1/2016 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smells sooooooo good like a light floral covered in caramel and it lasts long and I want a back up bottle just incase this is discontinued like chocolovers which I still have mine lol. If you haven't tried this plz do because in my opinion this blows pink sugar out of the water... I love this stuff.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/11/2016 5:52:00 AM

So...Im a masculine guy and I know this scent is marketed to women but I also know when it comes to TRUE Gourmands its a free for ALL in our brave new world. This amazingly creamy edible frag is just further proof of that fact. Fellas...This is what is what Rochas Man should've been and If you are a fan of MJ legend this easily tops that too...Its one of the top 3 best Gourmand DESIGNER scents I've ever smelled and there is no doubt that this is a unisex scent. IM BLOWN AWAY...The majority of notes are also edible and the note most associated with women's perfumes in this frag, the Floral notes, are pushed waaaaaaaay in the back to an almost unnoticeable place. Trust me you won't think flowers after smelling this. Food isn't masculine or feminine, its food. If you can, do smell this scent. I like many of you was deciding on blind buying it and Im more than grateful I did.

Women are accustomed to very powerful, long lasting, performance monsters. So to them this scent wouldn't compare to other more dominating options she owns. But from a man's perspective this scent is almost A BEAST. It lasts on my skin 6-8 hours but projects for about 3-4 hours which for me is ideal. It leaves a scent cloud and many will notice you with this scent on. If it gets on your clothes you will catch wafts of it 12 hours later. It's also very versatile. It can be worn year round in weather not above 80 degrees. Feel free to apply this on cool summer nights. I can easily see men wearing this on a night out and for casual occasions with their significant other.

This is a definitely a hidden gem for men and outside the Fragrance community most women. If you've noticed, I haven't really discussed its price because in my opinion PRICE has nothing to do with smell...Great smelling designer scents like this out perform far more pricey scents in every way. If Bond sold this, people would pay $150+ for it for sure...So, If you like sweet fragrances and you're into Gourmands, this may be your best blind buy in ages.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I believe this is DC'd coz ev store I've checked has basically been of that 1 accord. I got mine as a tester on fragrancenet.com (THEEEEE place to buy designer perfumes cheap & a good source for DC'd stuff! It's not fake but it's deeply discounted the tester 1s don't come w a cap but they are completely full they are just extra testers that never made it to store shelves!For more money u can get BNIB). This is my fave out of all of the Aquolina's (I have Pink Sugar, Sensuel, Black Sugar & this) I ended up w my 1st bottle as gift from daddy he thought it was the PS I wanted but it was GS (but Gale Hayman had Delicious Vanilla that smells very similar $15 discount stores 3.4oz). this screams vaniiiiiilla which vanilla is my fave scent of all time tied w cotton candy for perfumes. Yeah if u want this try fragrancenet.com (I'm not affiliated) like Chanel coco noir is not for me, give me Aquolina any day :-) being on the vanilla & desserts! Nothing too complicated please. ;-)

on 10/20/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I went to Nordstorm, Macy's, and Sephora to get a sniff before buying Gold Sugar, but I couldn't find it. Finally, I went to TJMaxx and bought the only bottle there-3.4 oz for $19.99. Gold Sugar reminds me of Jessica Simpson Fancy Love, which is a big no-no for me! It's not as bad as Fancy Love but the drydown is very similar, even hubby agrees. I detect coconut and citrus on initial spray, then it's Revlon Colorsilk hair dye...I know this because my mom uses it-ugh, then it turns to Fancy Love. Sigh...big disappointment because I've been enjoying Pink Sugar, it's my fume before I snooze.
The bottle is really ugly n cheap looking! Aquolina needs to work on the packaging. I highly recommend sampling Gold Sugar before buying it.

on 10/19/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

MMMMMMMMMMM!! This smells like warm crème brulee with a hint of orange.

on 10/7/2014 5:16:00 PM

I thought I would like this because of the creme brulee & coconut notes. I like most of the notes, EXCEPT the citrus ones. DO NOT, like that. Oh well, they always have to stick a couple of notes in a perfume to ruin it for me.

I got a 3.4 oz at a deep discount and I like this perfume it reminds me of intimately beckham yours for women but with caramel. It is lasting and I've gotten compliments I would repurchase. I find that all the fragrances from this line are all lasting I have pink sugar, chocolovers, pink sugar sensual and I like them all this is a good product line.

on 10/4/2014 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Predominantly neroli blossom with lactonic / milky notes (vanillic creme brulee, coconut, and a cream accord in the basenotes), soft florals; musk & sandalwood. There also are citrus notes (orange & mandarin) in the opening, which add brightness and lift; they are, however, quickly dispersed, leaving only neroli, the blossom of the bitter orange tree, to carry a citrus-like aroma through to the drydown, where it combines with the basenotes, forming what smells like a lemon cream accord.

A favorite of mine, this is THE most realistically milky fragrance that I personally have come across to date. By the heart phase this fragrance pretty much smells like a rich vanilla ice cream with a neroli blossom garnish.

Sillage and lasting power are excellent.

on 8/5/2014 8:30:00 PM

I am a big fan of Prada Candy and thought that this couldn't possibly be a viable rival for such a smaller price. But you know, it really is. It does have a somewhat sharper opening, but oh, my goodness, the dry down is delicious, warm caramel -- in this case, listed as "creme brulee."

What's incredible is the strength an longevity, given that this is an EDT. It outshines Prada Candy in that respect, which is an EDP.

Like Prada Candy, the sweet factor is not overdone here. It is a lovely, cozy fragrance. Two or three judiciously placed spritzes is all you need.

Popular Fragrances