Carnival Wax - Dreabilly

No Image

1 review

on 10/25/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried most of Carnival Wax's fragrances and most of them range from bad to boring on me, but I do really like Dreabilly (I might even love it if it weren't so ridiculously expensive).

"Smoke and Dried Wood. Sugar. Orange Blossoms."
Even though this lists smoke in the description, Dreabilly is one of the less smoky scents in Carnival Wax's lineup. I also can't really pick out the orange blossom. Mostly this smells like a sexy, sugared sandalwood. The sandalwood is warm, rich, comforting and slightly dark & charred smelling (but not harsh or sharply smoky, more of a soft, incensey sort of smokiness). And it smells like it's all wrapped up in a sugary frosting of some sort.
If a dark, complex sandalwood and a sugary white cake had an awesome baby, it would be Dreabilly. It has a quality that's reminiscent of cotton candy, funnel cakes and bonfires, without exactly smelling like any of those things. It's a really fun scent. As a bonus, it's also really strong and long lasting on me.

I splurged and ordered the 10ml of this for $90, but I don't think that I'd ever repurchase or buy more bottles from Carnival Wax. I don't think that their fragrances are worth the high price tags, even though this one is lovely. It's not really $220 an ounce lovely...

Popular Fragrances