Madina Shea & Aloe butter

1 review

on 10/25/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I went to this store after reading the reviews on Yelp and discovering that in every black hair store I went in had some Madina soaps there. The store has many more products which can also be purchased online. I was looking for some kind of moisturizer for my hair that was unscented and walked around opening jars and sniffing things. They had a jar of aloe versa butter. I'd never come across that before and it smelled almost scentless so instead of buying it alone I bought the 1lb tub for $10 that said Shea butter and aloe. I can't stand the smell of pure unprocessed Shea butter. This product has been processed and it white.
I came home and braided my hair into corn rows using it and it's totally amazing for my hair. It softened my hair, didn't leave a greasy look. I'm using it to grease my skin also. Its been 5 days and I haven't broken out or anything like I do with almost everything I've ever used on my skin besides Cetaphil. I love that I don't smell of anything. I love that I can wash my hair with herbal shampoo and the smell doesn't clash or anything. I love how it keeps my lips moisturized.
I also bought some avocado oil from Madina to make the product a little more liquid but have found dthat I don't need it. See my review on Miss Jessie's baby butter cream for a comparison of how they both measure up. Needless to say I'd rather spend $10 for 1lb of product that I'm not going to get sick of the smell of that over $40 for something like 6 oz of products consisting of 10 different ingredients.

Popular Styling Products