Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Palettes

Enter TitleTop Ten Eyeshadow Palettes

3.4

on 12/24/2017 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Raining Men, and a few weeks later I saw they had miniatures of these as stocking stuffers for $1.47 so I got Birthday Suit, Lap of Luxury and Pinking of You. They have 6 shades instead of 10. So far I have no rash from using these and I am very happy with them. I will never use them up, so I won't buy them again, but I'd buy other shades.

Update Feb. 18/18. First of all, Raining Men was totally ugly. I saw it in pictures I took wearing it. The other little palettes have some better shades, but they do not enhance the eyes at all. I have to reassess these after using them several times. It's true that they didn't give me a rash, but they are crummy eye shadows. Just because it was cheap I bought several, but they are very much the same low quality. There is no pigmentation and all the pale shades look identical. There is no shimmer. The darker shades are all muddy and too dark. It's just not worth it to get something so lousy just because it's cheap. You cannot create a pretty look with these. The look will be muddy if you use any dark shades, and invisible wherever you use the pale shades. I am probably going to throw these away, however much it hurts, admit they are useless, and stick to my other brands.

The only reason I am giving two stars instead of one is that they do not irritate my skin. But as shadows they are a very substandard product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Baked Shadow Spheres pallet in Nudes and Roses. HG pallet here people! I have fair to medium skin, neutral undertones with blue green eyes and blonde hair. All ten pearlized and matte colors (that range from smoky black, gold, rose gold to deep plum, to champagne) in the pallet get used, I use it everyday and it has lasted me over a year with plenty to spare! The sturdy and sexy plastic and metal case includes a mirror and an applicator, but I never use either. It cost me $10 at Walmart and I couldn't be more impressed. Will buy two or three my next trip.

My review is of Naturally Gorgeous- NUDES
Packaging is adorable but very fragile & cheap- one of my few complaints
there's a good amount of fallout from this palette as well.

The GOOD
cheap, GREAT quality palette with BEAUTIFUL colors. Lovely shades with lots of pigment that would look great on a huge variety of skin tones. I personally have reccommended this palette to any of my girlfriends looking for a good nude palette. For how cheap it is & how great the pigment is, you can't go wrong. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base and haven't tried it without primer, but with the primer potion it's AMAZING & lasts all day. Beautiful colors, very affordable. I've never tried the Naked palette but i've read a lot about it and this seems like an amazing dupe for it.

Amazing palette that is very affordable if you can handle the cheap packaging. Wonderful. <3

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really liked this product, I got it in the "Smoke Out."

The things I didn't really like about it were there were no matte colors, two of the colors didn't really show up, and it was a little hard to apply at first IMO.

The things I really enjoyed about it were that there were beautiful shades of purple, gray, and black that I really loved, it didn't cost a lot (only $6 at Walmart, the packaging, it was really gorgeous, and it lasted all day.

I plan on buying this again sometime and I recommend this particular palette.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I bought this palette again and I don't know what happened, but I swear they must have changed the formula on this palette or I was just really blind to said formula at the time. They feel like butter on the hands and arm, but on the actual eye? They barely show up, you have to dip into the shadow at least once or twice && I wore the light/medium purple on the lid one day and by the end, you could barely tell I had it on (I wore primer and set the lids). I might end up tossing it out. :(

on 8/6/2016 8:28:00 PM

Thinking about using this for my wedding! And no, I'm neither a gypsy nor teen bride. I have many Expensive eyeshadow pallettes, including Urban Decay's Naked2, Naked Smoky, and build it yourself Stila pallettes (some under consideration as well). Then why am I thinking of this one for such an important day you might ask?
Because it is so difficult to find Green eyeshadows in pallettes, and I need color on my eyes. Green just isn't popular nowadays, whereas every shade of brown/natural is. Brown tends to make my eyes look bruised and also boring. And even when green was popular, I was not able to find a "Leaf Green" which I had been searching for, for ages. I bought this for the 2nd to last leaf green, but the 3rd gold green is also unique, and 3 neutral-dark olive greens. Each eyeshadow has moderate shimmer, one mid dark brown is matte while one mid dark brown is extra shimmer. The leaf green is on the matte side of shimmer. There are also 2 midtone coppers, a light and a dark, and a minty silver which is extra shimmery.
I only tried this eyeshadow with a non-primed eye so far, and I agree the wash is sheer, but it has been holding up for an hour. With certain eyeshadow primers, eyeshadows becomes more pigmented (more to grip) and lasts a long time. There was no fallout when applying. I have it 5 lippies because even if it isn't the most pigmented or longest lasting, you can't beat the price.
The package is cute, comes with a small mirror, and 10 colors and 2 midlevel sturdy sponge double ended sponge applicators (for on the go) for $6.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have Feelin' Blue? (blues, both cool and warm toned; silvery-grays; white) and Green with Envy (warm greens, bronzes, golds, a pale taupe). All the shades have medium pigmentation, but are fully opaque in 2-3 coats over a "sticky" primer.

Speaking to the collection as a whole, there's a dearth of very pale and very dark shades. You get basic black, white, pale taupe, etc., but I generally want my liner and highlight shades to be in the same color family as my lid and crease shades. Nonetheless, the Top Ten Palettes are an affordable way to get 90% of a full color wardrobe, organized intuitively for easy color picking, and replete with beautiful packaging!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the Naturally Gorgeous palette, bought it on a whim because it was inexpensive, the packaging was cute and it had a shade in it that reminded me of UD's Half Baked which I've always really loved but never felt like paying UD's price for it. That was the first shade I hit pan on. I have played with all the shadows in this palette, and there are none that I would absolutely not use, unlike some palettes where I've bought them because I like most of the shades but I know there are shades in there that I would literally never touch. They're not the best shadows, but the pigmentation is good and if you use a base they don't crease. All of them have a ton of fallout, the lighter shades are the worst offenders, so do your eye makeup BEFORE you apply your foundation or else you'll be sad. I will likely pick up the purple and matte nude palette as well.

UPDATE: The more I use this palette, the less I like it. The fallout keeps getting worse and and it just speaks to me less and less. I changed from 4 lippies to 3 and also changed my answer from yes to no on buying again.

on 2/25/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have the Birthday Suit palette. I have to say it did not disappoint. I mean 10 shades for like $5 that's $.50 a shade anyways so can't complain that much. The colors are all matte which I prefer. They are not super pigmented, so I usually wet the applicator before using. I have to give it a good 2 or 3 applications per color to get it to really stick, but they are super blendable and the color options are really pretty. Over all I would reccomend it. You cant really go wrong with it for the price you pay.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I ended up with this palette after searching forever for a specific shade of red. I searched Ulta, MAC and Sephora and nothing. This shade was in a Hard Candy palette called Pinking of You. I posted a pic in the review images such so you can get an idea of what red I'm talking about. It is the most pigmented and vibrant shade in the palette. You would think of all places, MAC would have a dupe but not exactly to this red I was looking for, just a few similar shades. I wanted a rich pigmented red with rose undertones. Everything out on the market now was too pink or had purple or brown in the red. This shade is fantastic and a very nice wearable red. I like using it in the crease. It is not as shimmery as the other shades in this palette. I find it highly pigmented paired with my HG primer, Milani. As for the other shades, some are nice and some suck. Most have a very frosty finish to them. You won't be able to do a "nice" complete look just by using this palette. Imo, you need mattes or low shimmer to mix with frost and high shimmer shades to get a more professional look. For instance, you never want to use a high frost shadow in your crease or high shimmer for your highlight unless you want to look insane. This palette is not a one shot deal. You will need to get out other palettes to do a completed look. Some of the lighter high frost shades work best if you wet them and apply in the inner tear duct area. They really bring light to the eyes and makes them look awake. So I basically only spent $6 for one shadow in this palette and I'm very happy with that shade. I do like the coral pink shade at the end as well and some middle shades. Not a bad palette but if I wasn't looking for that specific rose red, I never would've purchased this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have three of these, the one pictured above, a set of pinks, and a set of matte neutral colors. The brown palette is amazing! The pinks are pretty good but I didnt like the mattes as much, not as much pigment as I like in a palette but the other two are amazing!(: