Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

3.9

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caranuba Wax, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron OxidesMay Contain:Ultramarine, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

oh my gosh you guys. YOU GUYS. I am a true convert from the They're Real Camp. I decided to explore the world of drugstore mascaras because I ran out of my They're Real and didn't want to repurchase. I turned to Makeup Alley for advice and found positive reviews for this mascara. I gotta say... I agree!!! I have been able to achieve the same, if not a better effect with the Clump Crusher than They're Real. This mascara has grown on me so much that I don't think I'll go back to using high end mascaras.

Reasons I love it:
1. This mascara WILL NOT CLUMP. Like, even if you try. It just won't. It's a miracle.
2. Buildable length and volume. Like, eyelashes to my eyebrows kinda volume. Yeeeah buddy.
3. Affordable price, especially if you get it with a coupon.
4. This mascara holds a curl - even when I just lightly curl my lashes using my fingers. Using the concave side of the brush emphasizes the curl and builds length for coat # 1, and then I use the convex side of the brush for coat #2 to build volume.

Room for improvement:
1. non-trendy green packaging and name. Lol
2. slight flaking throughout the day - not a big deal, I just remember not to rub my eyes and if there is flaking, I can easily wipe it away with my finger or a tissue.
3. takes a little more work to get the volume and length I've become accustomed to with the They're Real lashes. I love really emphasizing my outer lashes, so it takes a little more work to do that with this brush.

At first, I did like this mascara. I am not crazy about these new brushes because it is a bit scratchy on my eye lid but I gave it a go. This did leave flakes under my eye as well as smudge. By the afternoon, I had black mascara residue under my eyes. I also had a tough time getting this completely off at night under the eye. It was almost like it stained my skin. I would not give this a second try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have to say, this mascara was a pleasant surprise. I impulse bought it after reading good reviews on here, but I fully expected to be disappointed, as I am with most mascaras. For reference, my lashes are naturally quite dark, annoyingly straight, and I'm using Latisse, so I've been looking for something for every day that would enhance what I have, hold a curl, last reasonably well, and not clump. To my delight, this steal does all of those things! I wouldn't use this if I was going for a very dramatic look, but for every day, this is a pretty great option. The brush design is excellent. On first try, I didn't use a curler just to see how it would do on its own, and I got a surprising amount of curl from the brush alone. As far as clump crushing, it was imperfect, but it did fare better than most of the other mascaras I've tried lately, which are generally high end (Lancome, MUFE, UD). Once applied, I was able to separate lashes using a pin (I know, dangerous, but Audrey Hepburn used to do it and she never went blind) without having them stick back together -- a common problem with other mascaras. The finish was rather natural, between matte and shiny, without that horribly obvious ball at the end of each lash, and ultimately I was very happy with the lightweight, fluttery look that was the end result.
I would absolutely repurchase this. I'd say if you're looking for a comparable effect to Benefit's Roller Lash (which I love), this is a great budget option, but I would not rely on it if you're after serious drama.

This is my go to everyday mascara! It separates lashes beautifully with no clumps and gives great length and definition to lashes. It takes a bit of work to get my desired volume though. I was very skeptical of the hype, but I'm so glad I decided to give this a try! I've gone through 3 tubes of this and I'll definitely keep repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I haven't used mascara in years because I've been irrationally afraid of all my eyelashes falling out, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I only use this occasionally, but it seems like it does the job well. The color is a nice medium brown that complements my pale skin and blonde hair nicely and my lashes don't look spidery or clumpy at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is the best mascara I have ever used, and I've used many. Black brown gives me the most realistic, un spidery, un clumpy lashes ever!! And I'm very picky and hate most mascaras. Highly recommended

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had big expectations for this mascara, given all the great reviews. It applies very easily, separates the lashes nicely, gives good length. It's not clumping, so there's none of the spider-y effect. Doesn't smudge either. It would have been perfect if wasn't for the flaking, which is minimal, but it is there nonetheless. I can handle a few flakes, so will continue to use the tube, but will likely not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara, I buy it over and over again. I have tried many high end mascara's which in my opinion aren't worth the money. I am very very picky and I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Lash Blast Volume has been my HG for a while now, but on a whim I decided to try this and I'm glad I did! I find the Clump Crusher formula very similar to the Volume formula, but the brush is even better! If you use the outside curve of the brush, it goes on very similar to mascaras with a fat brush like Lash Blast Volume. The inside curve is almost like a comb and does a great job of getting mascara closer to the roots of my lashes, which is great since my lashes are almost blonde! It volumizes, separates, adds some length, and holds a curl fairly well. It lasts all day for a typical day at my office job or running errands. I haven't tested it against sweat yet (like a heavy workout or a humid summer day!)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried a bunch of other (more espensive) mascara but keep coming back to this. Gorgeous color, definition and volume with no clumps or spider-effect. HG for sure.