BIODERMA Hydrabio Serum

BIODERMA Hydrabio Serum
Hydrabio SerumHydrabio Serum

[2017 Ingredients]:Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Xylitol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trideceth-6, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fructooligosaccharides, Mannitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexyldecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rhamnose, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Tocopherol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).[Old ingredients]:Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Xylitol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Mannitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Niacinamide, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trideceth-6, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexyldecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so I've been using this serum for only a few days but I can already see big changes! I have dyhidrated, sensitive, acne prone skin, and this serum is light but yet very, very hydrating! It's all I needed, plus smells amazing. Thank you Bioderma!
P.s. Amazing as a foudaton base

on 8/21/2018 6:26:00 PM

Overall its a great serum if you need hydration in your skincare routine, I am acne prone and often find myself breaking out to new products, but this did not break me out and provides me with decent hydration.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after hearing good things from friends. I was looking to replace my dr jart ceramidin lotion and thought this could do the trick. It is this gel like lotion that seems to dissolve into water after putting it on your face. What i dislike about it is how silicony it is. You can tell by the texture but also how suncreen/foundation pills when you apply it over a layer of this. I won't be repurchasing, I'm going back to dr jart.

on 8/12/2018 6:55:00 PM

I've brought it after finishing my Uriage Water Serum and it's a very good acqusition. The elegant pump package helps me to dose adequately the product (about 4 pumpings for my whole face and eyes + 2 more pumpings for neck and decolte).
It hydrated me very well, with no reactions of redness, tightness and discomfort. I use it every night, no matter what season is. It helped me refine my forehead fine lines, which is actually great!
I always compliment it with a moisturizer, because used alone it is a lil bit sticky. Also, I think serums need some cream to lock the moisture in the skin.
Although it's a bit pricey (20 euros full price), it's worth every cent of it. I've used it for 4 months and I realised I've spent only a half of it.

on 5/1/2018 11:38:00 AM

I used it for 3 months before realizing that that was the reason I had red spots on my cheeks and nose. I thought my hormones were pkaying up, but as soon as I stopped using this serum, they stopped appearing.
I woud really like to know which ingredient caused it...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't like heavy products that feel like they just sit on top of your skin and slide off your face if you have oily/combo skin. This one is the exact opposite.
A good, simple, unscented, basic hydrating serum that works under or over other products, dries down nicely and gives my skin enough hydration without feeling heavy at all. I use it in the morning after Bioderma Hydrating Toner, TO Niacinamide 10% and sometimes a Hyaluronic "toner" (Hada Labo). I then put this on and go over that with sunscreen. It has never balled up or not absorbed nicely.
It spreads gloriously and the packaging is very good, although I wish you could see the amount that is left in the bottle.
I will repurchase if I don't find anything new that takes my fancy, as I'm sure you can find something similar for slightly cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good hydrating serum, doesn't break me out, and it works very well as a makeup base. It also seems to have a mild cooling effect.

Gave it four lippies because, while products that are good for my skin soothe it and calm my redness (that's how I know they're good), with this my skin remains slightly pink and irritated, even though it doesn't feel uncomfortable in any way. I don't think I would repurchase, because I already use hydrating night and day creams, and I prefer masks for more intense, soothing, hydration.

EDIT: this has become my summer HG. While in the winter it might have not been enough for my combo, dehydrated sensitive skin, I found that during the summer this really hydrates my skin and prevents breakouts due to it being non-oily. Did repurchase, will repurchase again. Bonus: really easy to travel with.

on 10/19/2017 10:51:00 PM

My sensitive acne pore clogging skin has found an answer to the constant battle of dehydration! Love this. Contains Niacinamide and Salisylic Acid. Very hydrating. No heavy smell either. So much nicer and cleaner than all those Korean type water gel creams that made my skin breakout!! Good price too.

***EDIT*** This review is for the new product from Bioderma it's the Gel Creme! For Sensitive and dehydrated skin. Please be sure to get that one!!! If you have skin like mine, your gonna love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with a sample to try before opening the bottle. My skin is dehydrated and prone to redness, and I hoped adding this serum to my routine would help. Both times I tried to incorporate it, however, it turned my normally smooth cheeks bumpy. The bumps were definitely not closed comedones, nor were they spots under the skin. They weren't red or painful, but in the wrong light the texture looked pretty bad. It almost looked like my skin had been plumped up unevenly. Needless to say I stopped using the serum. After a week the lumps had mostly deflated.

Weird reaction aside, I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin's overall hydration or anything else. I only managed to use the stuff four days in a row each time, so it didn't get much chance to work. I might use the remainder of my 5ml sample someday but, for the time being, I give up.

It's interesting that a few of the negative reviews here specifically mention samples. I returned the unopened bottle, though, because I didn't want to risk wasting my money on a product I can't use.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Works wonders on dehydrated sensitive acne-prone skin