Maybelline Paint the Town

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I kept it around for about a year before I got around to wearing it. I love the color, it's more of a true medium red, not overly violet/pink or too dark. I find most red shades to be either too bright (leaning more towards coral) or too dark for spring/summer. My skin has a yellow undertone but I think most people can pull this one off. Not a one coat red, need to wear gloss for it not to chip away easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this about 6 months ago, and while I really love the color, the polish has unfortunately gotten really thick and hard to work with-- I will be buying a new bottle but was surprised that it didn't last longer. The brush is a bit difficult to work with, and I'm not crazy about the long cap as it's a bit cumbersome to polish with.
On the plus side, I really love this shade of not-too-bright, glossy red. I find that most red nail polishes end up looking too bright and over-the-top, but this one is much more subtle and ultimately more wearable.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While on the hunt for a nice, non-shimmery red, I came across Maybelline's Color Show in Paint the Town. It's a great medium, semi glossy neutral red. I wouldn't call this a vampy red, but I definitely noticed a difference between coats. The first day, the color was quite vibrant, but by the second it had mellowed into the bottle-color. I've never had a polish do that. The polish viscosity is nice, neither gloopy (Yes, a technical term...) nor running all over the place. It also proved easy to remove with little, if any, staining. I also really like the bottle design, which gives the polish a high end look. The price is quite good and I look forward to trying other shades in the range.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really pretty deep red wine color perfect for the fall. The packaging is really nice. Would repurchase if I ever finish the bottle.

This is a beautiful, deep wine colored polish that is opaque in 2 coats. The formula itself is not too thin nor too thick, but i must say, I had to work slowly to avoid the pigment from bleeding onto my cuticles and the sides of my nails. By itself, the finish is semi-shiny, but I always add a topcoat (and basecoat to avoid yellow-stained nails). The brush is a standard, thin brush which was very easy to work with. Keep in mind, this is not fast-drying, because I accidentally touched by hair and streaked one of my nails. I am not sure of the staying power because my topcoat is topnotch( no pun intended :)), but I am very happy with this polish for fall/winter. I have attached pictures for reference.

Popular Polishes