OPI Live And Let Die

Live And Let Die

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This polish is quite a dark green with gold shimmer speckled throughout. I think that the base color does lean a bit towards teal rather than a straight-up green. Either way it's very dark, almost to the point of looking black in most lights. The shimmer doesn't show up as well on the nail as what you see in the bottle but it is there. I thought this color had an amazing formula that was just a dream to apply. one thick coat would do the trick if you're careful enough. With shiny top coat, it looks like the perfect winter manicure if you like green shades and dark colors. I think this color is stunning and it has good wear time for an OPI.

on 1/11/2015 2:06:00 PM

If you, like me, love dark polish on short nails, then this is a lovely polish to own. I like the subtle glitter in it, as it makes it different and looks gorgeous in direct light, yet it's not too sparkly for every day wear.

2 coats give perfect opacity and I get 3-4 day wear time from this polish, which is good for me.

on 11/24/2014 12:42:00 AM

Took me a while to try this color... Not to big on greens but this is a deep blackened hunter green with gold flakes. I wish the gold showed up more but otherwise a stunning fall/ winter color around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love that it looks almost black but you can definitely tell it is a deep forest hunter green. Perfect with one nice full coat but gotta use a top coat as with all colors IMO. I have over 300 OPI colors and this could be in the top favs for fall/winter. Give it a try!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Live and Let Die is a dark green color with gold shimmers in it. It is truly stunning in the bottle and on the nails. I love the way light reflects off of the shimmers. I am in love with dark colors for fall and winter. I would definitely recommend this to another person who loves dark colors as much as I do.

This polish is pretty thick, I could've gotten away with only one coat, but I wanted two, so I added another. It's hard to do thin coats with this polish. I found that I had to shake it up again after I did each hand. It started to get a little too thick. This polish does stain a little around your nails, but after washing your hands a few times, it should come right off and look great. Honestly, it's nothing a little acetone and a brush couldn't handle. Overall I like this polish, I just wish mine was a little thinner.

on 2/12/2013 7:04:00 AM

I'm a huge OPI fan and loved most of the Bond Collection. I bought a few of my favourites from the collection when they first came out. When I read the blog reviews, this colour seemed to be a favourtie for most bloggers. It didn't really appeal to me, I have Here Today Arragon Tomorrow and felt this was similar (apart from the shimmer). However, when my friend bought me this I was pleased as I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Unfortunately I just don't feel it lives up to the hype. I've worn it twice now and I just don't like it much. I think the shimmer looks amazing in the bottle but this doesn't translate onto the nail at all. I'm wearing it now and I just think it looks really dull. The formula is great though, I will say that much. I can;t believe a reviewer below used 3 coats to get in opaque! It was def a one coater for me.
Overall, it's not a bad polish, it's just not as great as it's made out to be and if you don't have it you're not missing out, especially if you have other dark green polishes like me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This polish is stunning in the bottle, it's a dark/blackened forest green with gold shimmer, but I felt like it translated poorly onto the nail :/ I was disappointed because in the bottle the shimmer seems so abundant, but on the nail when the polish dries, it seemed to me like it dried a shade darker and not only that but the gold shimmer got completely lost D: maybe it sticks to the side, or I got a weird bottle, I don't know but it's not a bad polish, it's just that it could have been so much more pretty than it was :c

But regardless, the formula was a little thick but still great :) it was a one coater on most of my nails, but I did 2 just to be safe >.< Overall, it's a good polish, it was just kind of disappointed with the lack of shimmer in the end.

Have a great day everyone :)

on 12/3/2012 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oooooh, I like this! First of all, I have to say that I am a huge James Bond fan, so a James Bond-themed OPI collection was like a match made in heaven! I have the Skyfall minis set, and while the polishes in the set have been hit-or-miss for me, Live and Let Die is my clear favorite! I love, love, love dark colors, and this deep blackened green with gold flecks is a nice addition to my collection. Coverage is good, it is opaque in 2 coats and the drying time is reasonable. The wear time is pretty good, I get about 2 days before some tip wear, and about 3-4 days before any noticeable chipping (and I am rough on my nails). With a mid-week touch-up, I can get this to last a week on me. I can see myself wearing this a lot this fall & winter. This is a nice, neutral, interesting dark green that I could see be flattering on most anyone, if you like dark shades. I would repurchase it, should I have the need. EDIT 12/6 Just topped this with one coat of OPI 'Goldeneye', and I *love* it! Its the most beautiful golden olive shade, with an almost a 'burnished metal' effect. Gorgeous!

on 11/15/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'd recommend getting the mini set before committing to this deep green. Although the description says it's black, it's most definitely a black-evergreen with gold micro glitter. With its cool undertone and warm sparkle, it ends up reading as a neutral. The green isn't so obvious as to clash with your clothes either. In sum, this is a wearable color that's a little more updated than other black shimmers... however, I rated this a 3 because I had tip wear on the 2nd day, and because I cannot see it work for any other seasons besides fall and winter.

on 12/17/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love OPI & I really like a few of the other Skyfall/ James Bond lacquers, however I was really disappointed in Live & Let Die & I am currently selling it. Lena White's website describes the colour as "Burn the candles on both ends in this private jet black." however I find this misleading. The colour is a deep green with fine golden shimmer through it. I bought it in a shop & not online, so I was not disappointed by the colour, but by the finish. It took 3 coats to achieve an opaque colour but the lacquer remained tacky & didn't dry to a smooth finish. I have not experienced this from OPI lacquers before & I have used quite a few.

on 1/2/2013 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

OPI's James Bond collection is by far my favorite out of all the collections they've done. There's a little of something for every unique taste.
With that being said, OPI Live and Let Die is a blackened green with golden flecks. It's a gorgeous color and I feel like all dark-color-lovers need this in their collection. The formula is AMAZING because you can seriously get away with 1 coat if you're a pro nail painter (2 coats for beginners/intermediates). Whenever I wear this, I seriously cannot stop looking at my nails. The only downside is that the polish is prone to tip wear, even by the second day.

Popular Polishes