Clinique Gentle Waterproof Mascara

No Image

2.3

water - candelilla wax - carnauba wax - c8-9 isoparaffin - beeswax - oleic/linleic/linolenic polyglycerides - peg-20 sorbitan beeswax - dimethicone silyate - ozokerite - trimethylsiloxysilicate - nylon-12 - pvp/eicosene copolymer - ammonium stearate - ammonium isostearate - cyclopentasiloxane - ammonium lauryl sulfate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - potassium sorbate - methylparaben - ethylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - isobutylparaben - [ /- iron oxides 9ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - mica ultramarine blue (ci 77007) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

This mascara is not waterproof to the extent of 'regular' waterproof mascaras. It also goes on very light, where you might have to go over your lashes a few more times. This is surprising, because it has such a thick brush, which looks like it will provide volume - it doesn't! The good thing is it doesn't flake, even if combined with other mascaras. I am not impressed with this mascara, as I find it offers nothing more than what a regular drugstore brand mascara provides.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Clinique waterproof mascara is NOT waterproof. I cannot see much difference between this and their normal mascaras (which are not the best anyway, you would get better with L'oreal or Maybelline).

on 12/24/2002 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

the only thing that i didn't like about this was that it smudged just a little. Other than that i would buy it again as it is waterproof and makes my lashes standout.

on 1/22/2003 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For years, I didn't wear mascara as I had so many problems with it but the advent of greying lashes brought my vanity to the front.
This stuff does NOT irritate my eyes, does NOT clump, and does NOT flake.
It goes on fairly easily though I'd like a skinnier brush...
It's the only mascara I've ever bought 4 times!!!

on 1/20/2003 1:30:00 PM

I did not like this mascara at all! I bought it for my wedding with the understanding that it is good for tearing, but not for watersports. During the wedding it came of all under my eyes in smears. And later on my honeymoon it would come off under my eyes, when I did not even get in the water or tear. It was awful. I would NOT buy this again.

on 9/26/2006 9:05:00 AM

I really don't care for this mascara. The first time I purchased it was a try-out before my wedding and I returned it. However I just bought it again for the 2nd time, a year and a half later, only to reach the Clinique free gift level. I never used to wear waterproof mascara, but since I've started working out during my lunch hour, I realized I needed one that would not clump nor run during my post work out shower, as there is no way I am going to re-apply a full set of make up just to return to work. So I am using this one tube for now, b/c it is fine just to go to work. However I wouldn't use it if I were going "out". It just does not make your eyes pop, simple as that.