LUSH Let the Good Times Roll Face & Body Cleanser

LUSH Let the Good Times Roll Face & Body Cleanser
Let the Good Times Roll Face & Body Cleanser

4.3

Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I smelled this product in the store I knew I immediately had to have it. It smells like toffee covered popcorn. I think the scent is the best thing about it, though, because it’s really not effective for doing what it is supposed to do - cleansing. I have been using it for a few weeks and have noticed that it’s hard to get a really good cleansing job with this stuff unless you use a lot. And even then, I still don’t feel like it gets all the makeup and dirt of the day off. I find that I have to really scrub and tug on my skin to get everything off.

I have had some break outs while using this product and am not sure if it is to blame or not. But generally, I lather my face in all sorts of oils and don’t generally break out. I wonder if there’s something about the corn oil my skin doesn’t like.

That said I would still consider buying this again just for the whole experience of using it - it’s so enjoyable to lather something that smells so freaking good all over my face! I think this would best be used with a double cleansing method - ie use a regular cleanser first and then this.

Used this a little while ago so going off memory,
This product smells amazing and is good for dry skin
Can't remember what it did for my skin but I think it was good at buffing away dryness

on 2/17/2019 11:13:00 PM

Nice product

While Let The Good Times Roll (LTGTR) is marketed as a face and body cleanser, I only ever use it on my face. I picked it up after I came back from travelling as my skin was looking a bit congested, broken out slightly and dull. This has definitely improved my skin by a long shot! My skin looks bright and clean after using this, my complexion is even and it doesn’t break me out or cause redness. It has a slight exfoliating property which is very gentle, and helped with my skin’s congestion. A little goes a long way, so the tub lasts a long time. You mix a small amount with water, or simply apply onto a damp face, to turn it into a somewhat of a paste consistency. Then massage it in and rinse! It smells delicious, like salted caramel, and has a very soft texture. I really enjoy using this product, it makes my skin look and feel great and I highly enjoy using it. LTGTR is definitely on of my favourite Lush cleaners (and I have used a lot!). I would highly recommend this to anyone, definitely would repurchase and just wish I had tried it sooner!

on 9/7/2018 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Smells fabulous and great ingredients, but why the corn oil??! This leaves a film that simply isn't good for your skin. I used up my jar but made to sure follow up with my regular cleanser every time I used it.
I much prefer an exfoliant like my favorite Derma-E Microdermabrasion Cream.
Sorry, LUSH.

on 8/5/2018 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has been collecting dust in my cabinet since 2015 so this review is more of a revisitation:

Terrible as a face scrub - although I love the honey graham cracker smell, I was left with a greasy film that gave me painful, cystic acne.

As a body scrub? Go ahead! Mixing the crumbly product with water to get a nice consistency can be a little cumbersome. I still get the sticky, greasy film though no matter where I put this on my body. Usually for dry-skinned girls like me, greasy is good. Not in this case. I'm also not sure if this really exfoliates and sloughs off dead skin because the residue is just a big no.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this product! I’ll admit, I bought this primarily for the lovely sweet popcorn smell. I normally wouldn’t buy this kind of cleanser, since I’ve got oily skin and this product tends to leave a film behind (though thankfully nothing as bad and thick as the aqua marina cleanser) since I think it’s intended for more dryer skin types.

I don’t use this everyday, I tend to reach for it when I feel like my face is a little dryer (like in winter) or when there’s dry spots on my face and the flaky skin needs a gentle physical scrub.

It’s gentle, doesn’t break me out or aggravate my sensitive skin. I’ve repurchased this a few times, and will do so again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser. I feel like it's the cleanser version of the Oatfix mask. I usually put a small amount in the middle of my palm and make it into a soft paste with a few drops of water. After using this my skin feels moisturized and soft, and that lovely cookie-smell also lasts on the skin for a while. I usually use this in the morning, every to every other day. I have dry skin and incorporate a lot of acids into my routine, therefor I can get away with using it that often but I feel like it might clog the pores of those with oily or acne-prone skin with too frequent use. The packaging is meh, as with most jars, though I do get that it would be hard to contain it any other way. The popcorn pieces are annoying and don't really serve any purpose other than to look good, so I do wish they'd get rid of those.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has got to be my favorite product from Lush. I use it almost every evening in combination with a cleansing milk, and it gets every last bit of makeup off my face. I've got a problem with my pores clogging very easily, and I feel like this helps with that. It leaves my skin so soft and smells like cookie batter.

Well hello there baby! If I could eat you, then I wouldn’t even hesitate! Enter sunglasses emoji here. I feel like I am going to the movies and eating caramel popcorn when I use this face wash. When using it in the shower, it makes me want to do a little dance - happiness in a pot. After using this for quite few months now, I can say I love it because of the smell, the texture and the fact that it DOES NOT break out the skin. Nice and moisturising and would oh so continue to buy this baby - in love.