Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract

Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract
Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily dehydrated skin. I think these towelettes are good are removing light make up and grime from the day. However, I find them to be too stripping on my skin. My skin feels a bit tight after using the towelettes and I need to use moisturizer afterwards.

Otherwise the packaging is nice and the product smells good.

on 7/25/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has become sensitive as a result of some prescription topicals I've started using for acne, so I picked these up. Immediately as I started cleaning my makeup off with a towelette my face started burning.The towelette itself is pretty thick, and I have to be a bit forceful with the scrubbing if I want to remove anything. Leaves a tacky feeling too. Just can't see how these are marketed as for sensitive skin.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2015 11:05:00 PM

I tried this when I first started wearing makeup b/c someone recommended it to me. I hated it. The scent was overwhelming & it left this sticky residue on my face. It didn't work that well either. Save your money and try others!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love these face wipes! They are the ones I always come back too. These wipes definitely take all my make up off without drying out the skin. I have oily, sensitive acne prone skin and I'm glad to say these wipes have not broken me out. It actually calms any break out I may have. Def recommend.

I lost a fight with a pot of boiling pasta water, and consequently spent a couple weeks bandaged up like a mummy, making it difficult to wash my face. These cloths are awesome: good-sized, thick enough to withstand a little scrubbing and soft enough not to tear up my face if I scrub a little. They have a very light smell--vaguely plant-y--that fades almost immediately. They didn't leave a residue or break me out, and my face was left feeling clean and soft. The packaging looks a little flimsy, but it isn't: the top locks tightly and the cloths stay moist.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I use these when I'm too tired at night to remove my makeup. I don't know if it would do a great job of removing makeup for full-face wearers, but it's great at taking off the light powder, blush and mascara I occassionally wear. Not very drying, I just massage in a tiny bit of olive oil and wash my face the following morning. They do the job and don't leave the slight film other towelettes tend to leave behind. Love them!

on 8/19/2014 11:36:00 AM

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my nighttime skincare routine, so I rely quite heavily on face wipes to get the job done on most nights. I've tried many different types from the drugstore and this is by far my favorite.

The towelette itself has a mild scent, is pretty large, and very soft to touch, so it doesn't feel scratchy even when I pass it multiple times over the same area of my face. One towelette is all it takes, although if I have liquid foundation on, it does require a secondary wash to remove the last traces of makeup. Most of the time though, all I have to do post-wipe is splash my face with water (or spritz with the Evian atomizer which I keep next to my bed - I AM that lazy!), wipe off excess with a tissue, use a toner, then I'm good to go.

When I've fallen dead asleep without a water rinse (not recommended obviously), I've not broken out afterwards, although my skin does feel a bit tighter than usual. Because it's a tad drying despite being alcohol-free, I've docked a lippie...but I daresay that's heaps better than it leaving any awful residue that might cause breakouts (Neutrogena Sensitive Wipes...I'm looking at you).

Reseals beautifully as well and very handy especially for the gym to freshen up afterwards. I wish it was easier to obtain here in HK, and I definitely love it enough to restock in multiples every time I return to the US! Highly recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

"Sensitive," my butt. These enflamed my skin with red burning patches. Ouch! Avoid these if you've ever experienced this burning sensation from other products; I don't know which ingredient causes this, but it's in these wipes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been searching for new makeup wipes since I no longer have easy access to my all time favorites (Comodynes). I decided to try these ones because they are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. I am almost done with my first package, and I have to say that I do like them. They have no scent, which is a major plus for me because I really don't like fragrance in skin care products - I find it irritating and unnecessary. These do not irritate my skin, in fact my skin hasn't had any adverse reaction at all. They seem to do a decent job of removing makeup, although I never rely on just makeup wipes to remove my makeup - for me they are more of a first step in the removal process. One downside to these wipes are that they do dry out my skin slightly. Not a great deal, but enough that if you have dry skin beware. Also, these do sting my eyes a bit if I'm not careful. Again, not a big issue but something to be aware of. All in all, I like these a lot and will repurchase when I run out, since I have very easy access to them and the price is not too bad (around $6 where I live).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry and sensitive skin - therefor I purchased these. I love the idea that they are natural! However they set my face on F I R E! Not good at all with my skin. I won't be repurchasing.