Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Wake Me Up Concealer

3.6

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

This concealer really didn't work for me, I have dry skin and saw that it said Hydrating and covers up under eyes which were exactly what I needed. Sadly this was not the case, I have wrinkles under my eyes and it extenuated my wrinkles, it covered my under eyes up by 50% but my under eyes were still showing through the concealer. it looked oily in my under eye wrinkles and was a hot slippery mess. While I put it on my redness and pimples it did not look too bad but it was a little bit cakey on any pimples. This concealer would not last me any more than 3-4 hours under my eyes. While it wasn't a too bad of a colour it has little bits of SPARKLES in it which it did not help in covering up my under eyes as I like a matte finish to make it look as natural and seem less as possible. Personally, I regret buying this as it was $18 NZ dollars? I am only going to continue to use it because it's the only colour I have for my pastiness in the winter and don't want to buy a different concealer. Hope this helps:)

on 4/20/2017 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm yeah I don't know. I really wanted to like this because generally, this gets solid reviews on the internet, but I if I'm honest, I didn't like it. The description says that it is full coverage and emphasizes that it completely covers any dark circles and imperfections, but for me, it didn't really do that. You can layer it up for more coverage, but the result looked cakey and dry on me. I compared it to the Instant Age Rewind on the other eye, and this emphasized my skin texture and dryness under my eyes much more. Bummer, I was hoping for a hidden gem at the drugstore-kind of product.

Pro:
- affordable
- cute packaging

Con:
- cakey, looks dry
- emphasizes texture

This concealer is good there's no doubt about that. But I have very fine lines under my eyes and I feel it sinks into them very bad and shows . I haven't really found any concealer or foundation that hasn't sunk into those lines :( all in all it's a good concealer but for 17$nzd I won't be buying it again

on 3/12/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great concealear. It leaves my skin so healthy and nice. I do not have dark undereyes, so I do not need coverage, but I need some lightening and brightening in the center of my face and this concealer is great for this purpose. It wakes me up.

on 3/6/2017 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While this concealer doesn't have the greatest coverage, it hides any acne. However, it does not cover all of my dark circles. It is easy to blend and on a school day I use it without any foundation and you can't even tell its there. In terms of longevity, it does pretty well though does get quite oily. In Australia, at least its on the expensive side for drug store makeup but is definitely worth it!! Ivory matches my skin tone perfectly but I think there is only around 3 light shades, which won't help anyone with a darker complexion.

on 2/16/2017 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this concealer for my everyday makeup routine. It definitely "wakes you up" because when I apply under my eyes and on my eyelids it makes me look more awake and alert. The coverage is light however good enough to hide dark circles, not really helpful for blemishes! I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff and I like it a lot. I am usually in the Ivory shade however my latest one I had to buy in Beige since they sold out of Ivory. Beige is a little too orange on me however is great for putting under my full coverage foundation. Will repurchase again unless I find a concealer better.

on 1/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It has a shade that works well with my skin tone, it really blurs under eye circles, gives a decent coverage that isn't really cakey, blends well and has a very nice semi matte finish. It's also super affordable, and the tube took ages to run out (about 6 months with daily use). Personally, I don't think this concealer works well with spots. I find it typically cakes up around acne and isn't really thick enough to cover it, but if you aren't prone to acne this product is great. And even if you are, it is still really beneficial for under eyes.

on 1/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

Good stuff! I really enjoy applying this because it is so easy to blend. It's very smooth and not cakey at all. The colour - 030 Classic Beige - is perfect for me. Pretty average when it comes to durability throughout the day. Very affordable. Totally worth the purchase!

I'm scrolling down and seeing several reviews that say this product has "good coverage." I must be in crazytown because this to me has very light coverage- even lighter than, say, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (to try and compare to a popular DS concealer) which I also found to be rather light coverage. While I appreciate that this stuff doesn't exaggerate lines around the eyes or sit too heavy on the skin, it simply does not do what I want my concealer to do- tackle the blue rings underneath my eyes, and properly cover them up. This might be nice for a teenager in high school, or someone with great skin. But if you need coverage, you aren't going to get it here.

on 12/11/2016 5:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a very light feeling concealer and as I am not someone who likes the feeling of heavy makeup on my skin, this was very good for me.

It has really great pigment for how light it is. I just wish there were more shades. As i'm very pale the lightest shade was still slightly too dark /yellowy for me and it made me so sad as a really enjoy the product. It doesn't last amazingly but i haven't noticed any creasing.

If you want a high coverage concealer this isn't for you but as a cheap sheer concealer it works wonders.