Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

3.6

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 7/5/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I own about 30 concealers because I don't think I've ever found the perfect one. Same goes for the wake me up concealer, it's good but it's definitely not perfect.

PROS
-radiant so great for the under eye or for dull areas on my face
-good formula, doesn't crease or cake despite me having very creasy under eye area
-great price since it is a drug store product

CONS
-medium coverage, would be better if it was full coverage
-poor range of shades

I really like the formula and radiance of this concealer but it does lack in coverage and shade so I continue to use it by mixing it with a more salmon toned and full coverage concealer (for example the Kiko under eye concealer) that way I get the best of both worlds. It's a perfect concealer to mix, it adds radiance and fluid consistency plus it's so inexpensive you really can't go wrong by trying it! I think it's a good dupe for concealers like Nars radiant concealer and if I'm honest I like the formula of this more than the Nars. It's so fluid and creamy that you can layer it without risk of cakeyness or creases.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great coverage!

It is very liquid based which works amazingly for blending and making it so build-able! It helps me cover my acne scars without feeling completely caked in make-up and unnatural. Comes out as a wand similar to a lipgloss which means applying only a little of the product at a time very easy which I like.

It is advertised as 'wake up' but I feel it does nothing in this area it made my skin no more dewy or 'awake' looking so if you are purchasing it for this reason rather than the coverage or texture don't bother!

Comes in very limited shade range which is frustrating and seems to run out very very quickly if used on more than just the under eye area daily.

Overall a great concealer but doesn't really do what it advertises.

To Read all 238 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 3 (was approx $9-10 CAD)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this concealer in the shade "Very Fair". I am in my late 20s, light-med olive Asian skintone with freckles.

I bought this concealer initially to try contouring with, so I thought the "Very Fair" shade would be good because it looked really light. Well, upon actually trying it, it's not THAT light - it works really well for under my eyes because I'm quite dry under my eyes (despite being oily everywhere else) and it doesn't give me reverse raccoon eyes. It just brightens my eye area and makes me look like I got more sleep.

Performance:

I have dry undereyes and I don't find that this exacerbates the problem. I do use an eye cream prior to application. It is smooth and has decent pigmentation, so I find that this is enough on an everyday basis. It claims to be a "full coverage", but I would say it's more like medium. If you want really full coverage, try something like Amazing cosmetics or Vichy Dermablend. I wear this pretty much everyday, and it doesn't cause millia or flakes, and it lasts decently well throughout my 12 hour shifts at work. Of course after 12 hours pretty much all makeup starts to look tired, and this is no exception, but hey, it's not bad. It feels nice and thin to blend, and doesn't cake or crease under my eyes when set with powder.

I occasionally use this around my nose and chin as well to just brighten up any dark areas and it does pretty well with that too. For super red, angry pimples, this won't really help.

Packaging:

This is your standard concealer packaging - a thin tube with a doe-foot applicator. I don't mind this packaging, as it does work well with the formula, and helps keep everything from getting too messy.

Overall, I'm pleased with this undereye concealer. I like it better than the Almay undereye conealer (with the blue cap), and I think it looks more natural than my previous favourite, the Maybelline Lumi-Touch concealer. It's easily accessible and inexpensive, so I would buy again.

on 5/24/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's nothing really special, but it is quite good. Has medium coverage, i have it in ivory and i might be a tad orange but that fine for color correcting my dark circles. it does crease a bit under the eye if i put on too much. works fine for spot concealing as well.

on 5/24/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this concealer in a pinch, when I ran out of my last one & didn't have time to search for the same one. The shade light was too light and pink toned, but the shade golden beige was my closest match. All in all, it isn't horrible; for someone with minimal dark circles, this would work. Although with my quite dark circles, this doesn't cover them much at all. I don't mind the wand, though, it applies a good amount. I wouldn't purchase this again, but it's okay for its price.

on 5/21/2016 11:29:00 AM

I really like this concealer for everyday around the eyes! Fairly hydrating, nice and brightening, good price. Just don't expect miracles for dark circles, but I still love this stuff!

medium coverage,great for bags underneath the eyes. I found this product very good if you use the matching rimmel london wake me up foundation, this concealer also gives a highlighting effect and i would definitely recommend this concealer although i found it didn't last as long as i wished it did, maybe i used more then you should but when i have read other reviews other people have seem to have had the same problem.It also gives a moisturizing feel to my skin when applying this also very easy to blend.
Overall i would defiantly recommend this concealer and i would 110% buy it again!

I was desperate to buy any concealer since I lost mine, as long as it was reasonably priced. I found this at my local pharmacy at €6.99 (maybe you can get it cheaper anywhere else idk) but I do like this concealer, stays on all day under my eyes. I use this over Rimmel Match Perfection in Ivory. I have combo skin, & naturally have blue and purple hints of colour under my skin under my eyes and dark eye-bags, and this covers them up okay with a matte coverage. Only problems I have are with the coverage, if it was fuller coverage I would definitely definitely buy it again, but this will have to do for now until I buy a better coverage concealer which was maybe slightly cheaper. However, Packaging makes it very easy to put it into your handbag, very light too. 8/10 for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product since i was in desperate need of a new concealer and my expectations of it weren't too high. I previously had been using macs select cover up which had good coverage however it felt very sticky on my skin and i was finding it very difficult to find a colour that didn't look orangey on me. This concealer i found to be considerably better than macs and any other drugstore one i have used in the past. It gave me sufficient/good coverage for my dark under eye circles and acne and also was excellent for brightening- it really does live up to the title of "wake me up". Love how light and creamy the formula is, blends quite smoothly and although has medium coverage is buildable. Not to mention it was a perfect match for my skin colour, which is extremely rare (i bought it in ivory). Shame it only comes in three shades though, as other people may not be so lucky.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I give it a try because I heard so many good reviews. It's good. It's not amazing, but it does it's job. The coverage it is medium to full and it's buildable. I use it mixed with another concealer and lasts all day long, fixed with some translucent powder. Downside? Has glitter in it. You can see it only up-close. I guess I will buy it again if I won't find something similar, but glitter free.