Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Wake Me Up Concealer

3.6

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 11/15/2017 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Easy to use, light-to-moderate coverage, definitely has the brightening effect as advertised. I have the lightest colour (I think?) and it's a good match for me; doesn't oxidise or change its colour. I often wear this without any foundation. My dark circles are moderately dark and some days I have puffiness. In some ways this concealer emphasises my puffiness, but since it covers the dark circles, they're not noticeable. Oddly enough, this concealer works better on blemishes than it does on undereyes.

The downsides are that, after a long day, it can settle into the creases under my eyes and get a little...shiny? It's not all that noticeable from a distance. However I don't use primer or anything on my skin beforehand. This is a pretty minor downside for me.

Overall, quite happy with this concealer - clear, clean, doesn't get cakey, has enough coverage for me, is wearable on its own without any other makeup.

on 10/13/2017 5:23:00 AM

This product works really well, i used the shade 030 Classic Beige, which was very close to my skin tone. very good at covering spots or acne scars. personally, my under eyes are very dark, making it extremely hard to cover them. this didn't work for under eyes but is perfect for spots. the consistency is very smooth, blends really well and lasts a long time

on 10/6/2017 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I gave this concealer a really good chance after reading so many good reviews, and watching so many on YouTube! I even used 2/3 of the tube.
I have quite a yellow skin tone, with green undertones. My dark circles stand out very prominently, regardless of hours of sleep. I bought this product in an attempt to cover my deep, dark green under eye circles (minimal / no puffiness). I honestly found this product had zero coverage for me. It was quite strange! I tried it with multiple foundations, and on top or under my foundation, and still -- zero coverage? I found my foundation covered the circles better. (I like to wear eye concealer on its own on most days).
So maybe if you have my kind of skin tones, this may not work for you. I prefer Nars - Radiant Creamy Concealer, or Mac - Studio Finish Concealer Duo (pink shade only).

on 4/20/2017 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm yeah I don't know. I really wanted to like this because generally, this gets solid reviews on the internet, but I if I'm honest, I didn't like it. The description says that it is full coverage and emphasizes that it completely covers any dark circles and imperfections, but for me, it didn't really do that. You can layer it up for more coverage, but the result looked cakey and dry on me. I compared it to the Instant Age Rewind on the other eye, and this emphasized my skin texture and dryness under my eyes much more. Bummer, I was hoping for a hidden gem at the drugstore-kind of product.

Pro:
- affordable
- cute packaging

Con:
- cakey, looks dry
- emphasizes texture

This concealer is good there's no doubt about that. But I have very fine lines under my eyes and I feel it sinks into them very bad and shows . I haven't really found any concealer or foundation that hasn't sunk into those lines :( all in all it's a good concealer but for 17$nzd I won't be buying it again

This concealer really didn't work for me, I have dry skin and saw that it said Hydrating and covers up under eyes which were exactly what I needed. Sadly this was not the case, I have wrinkles under my eyes and it extenuated my wrinkles, it covered my under eyes up by 50% but my under eyes were still showing through the concealer. it looked oily in my under eye wrinkles and was a hot slippery mess. While I put it on my redness and pimples it did not look too bad but it was a little bit cakey on any pimples. This concealer would not last me any more than 3-4 hours under my eyes. While it wasn't a too bad of a colour it has little bits of SPARKLES in it which it did not help in covering up my under eyes as I like a matte finish to make it look as natural and seem less as possible. Personally, I regret buying this as it was $18 NZ dollars? I am only going to continue to use it because it's the only colour I have for my pastiness in the winter and don't want to buy a different concealer. Hope this helps:)

on 3/12/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great concealear. It leaves my skin so healthy and nice. I do not have dark undereyes, so I do not need coverage, but I need some lightening and brightening in the center of my face and this concealer is great for this purpose. It wakes me up.

on 1/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It has a shade that works well with my skin tone, it really blurs under eye circles, gives a decent coverage that isn't really cakey, blends well and has a very nice semi matte finish. It's also super affordable, and the tube took ages to run out (about 6 months with daily use). Personally, I don't think this concealer works well with spots. I find it typically cakes up around acne and isn't really thick enough to cover it, but if you aren't prone to acne this product is great. And even if you are, it is still really beneficial for under eyes.

on 2/16/2017 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this concealer for my everyday makeup routine. It definitely "wakes you up" because when I apply under my eyes and on my eyelids it makes me look more awake and alert. The coverage is light however good enough to hide dark circles, not really helpful for blemishes! I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff and I like it a lot. I am usually in the Ivory shade however my latest one I had to buy in Beige since they sold out of Ivory. Beige is a little too orange on me however is great for putting under my full coverage foundation. Will repurchase again unless I find a concealer better.

on 3/6/2017 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While this concealer doesn't have the greatest coverage, it hides any acne. However, it does not cover all of my dark circles. It is easy to blend and on a school day I use it without any foundation and you can't even tell its there. In terms of longevity, it does pretty well though does get quite oily. In Australia, at least its on the expensive side for drug store makeup but is definitely worth it!! Ivory matches my skin tone perfectly but I think there is only around 3 light shades, which won't help anyone with a darker complexion.