Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Wake Me Up Concealer

3.6

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 4/20/2017 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm yeah I don't know. I really wanted to like this because generally, this gets solid reviews on the internet, but I if I'm honest, I didn't like it. The description says that it is full coverage and emphasizes that it completely covers any dark circles and imperfections, but for me, it didn't really do that. You can layer it up for more coverage, but the result looked cakey and dry on me. I compared it to the Instant Age Rewind on the other eye, and this emphasized my skin texture and dryness under my eyes much more. Bummer, I was hoping for a hidden gem at the drugstore-kind of product.

Pro:
- affordable
- cute packaging

Con:
- cakey, looks dry
- emphasizes texture

This concealer is good there's no doubt about that. But I have very fine lines under my eyes and I feel it sinks into them very bad and shows . I haven't really found any concealer or foundation that hasn't sunk into those lines :( all in all it's a good concealer but for 17$nzd I won't be buying it again

on 3/12/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great concealear. It leaves my skin so healthy and nice. I do not have dark undereyes, so I do not need coverage, but I need some lightening and brightening in the center of my face and this concealer is great for this purpose. It wakes me up.

on 3/6/2017 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While this concealer doesn't have the greatest coverage, it hides any acne. However, it does not cover all of my dark circles. It is easy to blend and on a school day I use it without any foundation and you can't even tell its there. In terms of longevity, it does pretty well though does get quite oily. In Australia, at least its on the expensive side for drug store makeup but is definitely worth it!! Ivory matches my skin tone perfectly but I think there is only around 3 light shades, which won't help anyone with a darker complexion.

on 2/16/2017 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this concealer for my everyday makeup routine. It definitely "wakes you up" because when I apply under my eyes and on my eyelids it makes me look more awake and alert. The coverage is light however good enough to hide dark circles, not really helpful for blemishes! I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff and I like it a lot. I am usually in the Ivory shade however my latest one I had to buy in Beige since they sold out of Ivory. Beige is a little too orange on me however is great for putting under my full coverage foundation. Will repurchase again unless I find a concealer better.

on 1/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It has a shade that works well with my skin tone, it really blurs under eye circles, gives a decent coverage that isn't really cakey, blends well and has a very nice semi matte finish. It's also super affordable, and the tube took ages to run out (about 6 months with daily use). Personally, I don't think this concealer works well with spots. I find it typically cakes up around acne and isn't really thick enough to cover it, but if you aren't prone to acne this product is great. And even if you are, it is still really beneficial for under eyes.

on 1/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

Good stuff! I really enjoy applying this because it is so easy to blend. It's very smooth and not cakey at all. The colour - 030 Classic Beige - is perfect for me. Pretty average when it comes to durability throughout the day. Very affordable. Totally worth the purchase!

I'm scrolling down and seeing several reviews that say this product has "good coverage." I must be in crazytown because this to me has very light coverage- even lighter than, say, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (to try and compare to a popular DS concealer) which I also found to be rather light coverage. While I appreciate that this stuff doesn't exaggerate lines around the eyes or sit too heavy on the skin, it simply does not do what I want my concealer to do- tackle the blue rings underneath my eyes, and properly cover them up. This might be nice for a teenager in high school, or someone with great skin. But if you need coverage, you aren't going to get it here.

on 12/11/2016 5:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a very light feeling concealer and as I am not someone who likes the feeling of heavy makeup on my skin, this was very good for me.

It has really great pigment for how light it is. I just wish there were more shades. As i'm very pale the lightest shade was still slightly too dark /yellowy for me and it made me so sad as a really enjoy the product. It doesn't last amazingly but i haven't noticed any creasing.

If you want a high coverage concealer this isn't for you but as a cheap sheer concealer it works wonders.

on 7/5/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I own about 30 concealers because I don't think I've ever found the perfect one. Same goes for the wake me up concealer, it's good but it's definitely not perfect.

PROS
-radiant so great for the under eye or for dull areas on my face
-good formula, doesn't crease or cake despite me having very creasy under eye area
-great price since it is a drug store product

CONS
-medium coverage, would be better if it was full coverage
-poor range of shades

I really like the formula and radiance of this concealer but it does lack in coverage and shade so I continue to use it by mixing it with a more salmon toned and full coverage concealer (for example the Kiko under eye concealer) that way I get the best of both worlds. It's a perfect concealer to mix, it adds radiance and fluid consistency plus it's so inexpensive you really can't go wrong by trying it! I think it's a good dupe for concealers like Nars radiant concealer and if I'm honest I like the formula of this more than the Nars. It's so fluid and creamy that you can layer it without risk of cakeyness or creases.