3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

so i have the rimmel concealer in the shade 030 classic beige, at first i really like it, because it was the first concealer i ever used. but this creased so badly and looks incredibly cakey on me. i dont have super severe dark circles but you can still see darkness. this does brighten your udner eyes, but imo it makes your dark circles less dark and more grey. it almost has too much of a grey cast and the brightening effect is a whitening effect. it not only makes your undereyes grey, but it also makes the side of your under eye, like for eg i use this on my right eye, my entire right side of my face looks super washed out and ashy. honestly, id rather no concealer than this one, because its too grey and ashy. id recommend the essence stay natural, tahts better imo. but these are just my two cents, because i bought it due to the hyped reviews. hope this helps xoxo

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

from

a year ago

This was an impulse buy because it was highly raved by the beauty community before! I use 010 ivory and I'm roughly an NC25-30 skin tone. This brightens my undereye area quite well. To start off with I don't have extreme dark undereye circles, but it just looks dull and I have slight blue veins which I would like to cover. Typically I first use the LA girl red colour corrector lightly, before using this concealer and I find that it covers decently with one light layer of it. It does not sting my undereye area, which was what happened for my experience with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer (and that was highly raved!!!!!) I set this with the Essence translucent fixing compact powder lightly and this lasts me for a good 7-8 hrs which is a typical working day for me. It doesn't crease, and while taking photos I also found that it gives a nice glowy sheen for my face overall. I'm not entirely sure if it has specks of shimmer like it has in the foundation line, but it's not visible at all to me when I look it up close into the mirror. The applicator is a typical doe foot one and deposits the right amount for my undereye area. Overall I'm feeling okay about the product, but I'm not sure if I would go back to repurchase it again even though its quite affordable. For me its a nice change as for a long period of time I always liked the matte look in order to last, but it's nice to see a change for that fresh, healthy, glow look for an everyday look and I do find myself reaching this product more. I think this is great for users who don't have extreme undereye circles, even for students on a budget and you have not a lot to conceal, simply because it does its job, and hasn't broke me out at all. If your undereye area is problematic, you're definitely better off to save this cost and rather invest in a product that could potentially be pricier but effective. Hope this review helps!

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

wasn't my favourite. the coverage was more light to medium, and creased after a while. i finished it up to get my money's worth, but it's not really something i'd repurchase. the brightening effect was minimal, too. :( oh! and i got shade 030 - Classic Beige.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

Because of the price, I can't really complain - but you get what you pay for here. The lightest shade is far too orange and dark for anyone with remotely light skin. The texture of the product is oily and slips around - it is absolutely hopeless to blend and when I wear it under foundation, he foundation slides over the top. When I wear it over foundation, it almost removes the foundation underneath when it slides around. Additionally, it lasts less than five hours even with fixing spray and powder. I wouldn't buy this product, especially if you have paler skin.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Got this in the lightest shade after all the good reviews it collected... sadly, too sheer to use as a colour corrector on my undereyes and too orange to use as a concealer elsewhere. Love how it's so creamy, reminds me a bit of the NARS one in terms of consistency, and it has decent staying power without collecting into expression lines too much. But on me, this just fails to correct my dark circles while looking like an ill-advised incident with self tanner elsewhere. A real shame as it's so cheap, would have loved if this worked for me. Fellow pale skin owners, I'd recommend giving this one a miss.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This gives a decent coverage but creates creases and looks slightly cakey. It's got a creamy formula that's quite heavy. I prefer a more liquid formula. took so long to finish it, one small bottle lasts. But wouldnt repurchase it.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Kind of the best i have ever tried highend or not this beats it! Not super full coverage but covers enough for me. creamy, stays on until i take it off in the evening and it is CHEAP!! Just a little hard do get if you live in sweden but easy to order online.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I really like this concealor but only for under the eyes for its brightening affect, I love how it's not extremely thick and it's almost glowy and light which I much prefer. It costs more than the maybelline fit me which I also love so the price puts me off a lot. I do not find it covers any spots on the face.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Easy to use, light-to-moderate coverage, definitely has the brightening effect as advertised. I have the lightest colour (I think?) and it's a good match for me; doesn't oxidise or change its colour. I often wear this without any foundation. My dark circles are moderately dark and some days I have puffiness. In some ways this concealer emphasises my puffiness, but since it covers the dark circles, they're not noticeable. Oddly enough, this concealer works better on blemishes than it does on undereyes. The downsides are that, after a long day, it can settle into the creases under my eyes and get a little...shiny? It's not all that noticeable from a distance. However I don't use primer or anything on my skin beforehand. This is a pretty minor downside for me. Overall, quite happy with this concealer - clear, clean, doesn't get cakey, has enough coverage for me, is wearable on its own without any other makeup.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This product works really well, i used the shade 030 Classic Beige, which was very close to my skin tone. very good at covering spots or acne scars. personally, my under eyes are very dark, making it extremely hard to cover them. this didn't work for under eyes but is perfect for spots. the consistency is very smooth, blends really well and lasts a long time

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18