Boscia Bright White Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

There is something really satisfying to being able to peel stuff off your face and see how your skin looks.

(Unless it's mine, which is likely to be red because why ever would it be its "normal" color, even after a mask?)

I used this for several months. Each time I used it, I would put on a very thick coating of it, thinking it would come off easier. It goes on all right, spreads a little thin, so you do use a decent amount of product by using such thick coats.

But if you expected it'd peel off nice and neat, lol, you must be trippin'.

It came off in small flakes. I'd try and go slowly, trying to accumulate it in larger chunks, but it always came off in small bits and pieces. Even scrubbing it off my face took forever. As other reviewers mention, it was worse when there was a thin coat applied.

I didn't notice that big of a difference from using this product, so I doubt I will repurchase. I just wish I could get that satisfaction and some benefit too.

Pros:

- None? I tried to think about this because I liked the idea of it, but the product itself doesn't really lend itself to any compliments.

Cons:

- Does not spread easily
- Thicker coats (more product used) required to get off easier
- No clear benefit to skin (so, a waste of $38)
- Does not come off easily, even when scrubbed

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this hydrating, illuminating mask. It is important to spread an. Even and thick layer in order to be able to peel it off. Peeling it off is kind of fun, to be honest. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It does hydrate my winter skin and leave it with a (temporary... Superficial...?) luminosity.

I thought this mask would be perfect for my combination, uneven and acne-prone skin. However, after the first use I found it made my skin feel very tight and somewhat irritated. It really didn't work well for my sensitive skin. I will say it made my skin feel very smooth and it wasn't too difficult peeling the mask off like many reviews say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall it's a nice peeling mask. I just prefer the black mask in Boscia line.

Trick to easy peeling to to use enough product for a even coverage. This one takes about 30 minutes to dry. So I apply, then fold laudry so I'm not wasting time.

Like the other mask, this one does stick pretty well to skin, so use one hand to peel the mask and your other for counter pressure around the delicate skin near nose folds and eyes to prevent capillaries from breaking.

It okay, skin is smooth and does glow. I just prefer the black one for my skin type.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got a sample packet in a Sephora order and read the reviews here before trying it, so I knew to spread a thick layer. After 20-25 minutes, I started to peel. And kept peeling. And peeling. And more peeling. It took me -- no joke -- 30 minutes to peel this mask of my face. I hope I didn't damage my skin picking at it so much! But I must say my face is uber smooth. And I was able to rinse off the areas of the mask that I couldn't peel, so since I still have half the sample packet left, I think next time I'll forgo peeling altogether and just rinse. I'll never get that 30 minutes back!

When my skin is looking dull and uneven, I break out the white mask and it really makes a difference. It brightens my skin tone and helps even things out a bit. Not a miraculous transformation, but enough to notice. I would recommend this and will probably repurchase when I run out. The trick to it, put it on super thick. If its too thin you won't be able to peel it off. There will be some that doesn't peel off around the edges, but just rub it off with a wet towel. Also, I use the Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask after this one usually, and it feels like it puts some nutrients back into my skin. It feels very refreshed after that little routine. Good product. Most anything from Boscia is going to be good though.