Boscia Bright White Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.2

Boscia claims that this mask is a "brightening, peel-off mask that helps to visibly even skintone and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation." Here we go: does not brighten. Does NOT peel off (and I was so excited for this, too!). Does not even my skintone, and does not diminish any redness in my cheeks.

To be fair, I haven't used a full size of this; rather, I redeemed my Sephora points for a Boscia set that included a 0.7 oz size (instead of the 2.8 oz size). So maybe if you use the full size tube diligently, you'll have more luck? Personally, the smaller size was good enough for multiple uses and I've seen zero benefits to my skin after finishing the entire tube. It didn't do anything to aggravate it, but if that's the only nice thing I can say about it...

I do appreciate the squeeze tube packaging, and usually like Boscia products. At $38 USD for a product that does nothing, however, I'm disappointed and won't purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this hydrating, illuminating mask. It is important to spread an. Even and thick layer in order to be able to peel it off. Peeling it off is kind of fun, to be honest. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It does hydrate my winter skin and leave it with a (temporary... Superficial...?) luminosity.

I thought this mask would be perfect for my combination, uneven and acne-prone skin. However, after the first use I found it made my skin feel very tight and somewhat irritated. It really didn't work well for my sensitive skin. I will say it made my skin feel very smooth and it wasn't too difficult peeling the mask off like many reviews say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall it's a nice peeling mask. I just prefer the black mask in Boscia line.

Trick to easy peeling to to use enough product for a even coverage. This one takes about 30 minutes to dry. So I apply, then fold laudry so I'm not wasting time.

Like the other mask, this one does stick pretty well to skin, so use one hand to peel the mask and your other for counter pressure around the delicate skin near nose folds and eyes to prevent capillaries from breaking.

It okay, skin is smooth and does glow. I just prefer the black one for my skin type.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe the low rating for this product because it's amazing!
I got this when I got my Clarisonic a few months ago. I threw it the bathroom cabinet and forgot about it until now. And boy, was I missing out!
Application: This mask is thick and hard to spread, but make SURE you put a thick layer onto your face and that your face is opaque white. If it isn't, it will be very difficult to peel once it's dry. Also, make sure you don't apply this is a hot/humid room (ex. bathroom after shower) because you will sweat and there will be holes in the mask where your pores are. Allow it to dry completely and then start peeling. The peeling part was actually fun for me and felt nice! (Is that weird?)
Results: After peeling as much as I could off my face, I rinsed away the rest with some cool water. My skin feels SO smooth and soft!!! So much that I actually have to resist the urge to touch my face! I really do think that this mask removed a lot of dead skin and cleared my pores.

P.S. You will look SCARY with this mask on, so try to stay in your house. ;)

I just saw this featured at Sephora and thought, what the heck? Threw it into my basket full of other cosmetics. It's fun to use and all, but as a brightening effect, NADA!! Did it make my skin nicer? Probably not. I think I will try their black mask later on. There are much better masks out there for cheaper that'll probably do a much better job. In the meantime I'll just finish the rest of what's left in this tube. It doesn't take much to use a lot because if you don't lay it on thick enough it becomes very difficult to peel off completely. Would not repurchase again.