Boscia Bright White Mask

3.1

Boscia claims that this mask is a "brightening, peel-off mask that helps to visibly even skintone and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation." Here we go: does not brighten. Does NOT peel off (and I was so excited for this, too!). Does not even my skintone, and does not diminish any redness in my cheeks.

To be fair, I haven't used a full size of this; rather, I redeemed my Sephora points for a Boscia set that included a 0.7 oz size (instead of the 2.8 oz size). So maybe if you use the full size tube diligently, you'll have more luck? Personally, the smaller size was good enough for multiple uses and I've seen zero benefits to my skin after finishing the entire tube. It didn't do anything to aggravate it, but if that's the only nice thing I can say about it...

I do appreciate the squeeze tube packaging, and usually like Boscia products. At $38 USD for a product that does nothing, however, I'm disappointed and won't purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

There is something really satisfying to being able to peel stuff off your face and see how your skin looks.

(Unless it's mine, which is likely to be red because why ever would it be its "normal" color, even after a mask?)

I used this for several months. Each time I used it, I would put on a very thick coating of it, thinking it would come off easier. It goes on all right, spreads a little thin, so you do use a decent amount of product by using such thick coats.

But if you expected it'd peel off nice and neat, lol, you must be trippin'.

It came off in small flakes. I'd try and go slowly, trying to accumulate it in larger chunks, but it always came off in small bits and pieces. Even scrubbing it off my face took forever. As other reviewers mention, it was worse when there was a thin coat applied.

I didn't notice that big of a difference from using this product, so I doubt I will repurchase. I just wish I could get that satisfaction and some benefit too.

Pros:

- None? I tried to think about this because I liked the idea of it, but the product itself doesn't really lend itself to any compliments.

Cons:

- Does not spread easily
- Thicker coats (more product used) required to get off easier
- No clear benefit to skin (so, a waste of $38)
- Does not come off easily, even when scrubbed

Utterly useless. I'm a big fan of facial masks, especially the peel-off kind. And anything that claims to brighten or add glow, I'm all over it. But this mask did absolutely nothing for my skin, I feel like it just wasted my time. And it was so difficult to peel off! Ridiculously difficult. No fun to use and no benefits whatsoever. Terrible product, will never use again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I did not find much benefit to this mask. As the directions say, I applied a thin layer - this was a mistake, as it was very difficult to peel. I ended up hopping in shower to get the rest off. I see that other reviews mention the need for a thick layer; wish I had read those first. However, if the directions on the package are wrong, that is a big problem for me.

I didn't like the smell, as it reminded me of cheap sunscreen. However, I did like the tube, as I always feel that is a more sanitary way to deliver the product than a tub or jar.

I didn't see much of a difference in the appearance of my skin, maybe a bit refreshed looking, but nothing amazing. My skin did feel tight, and I actually applied my lotion two times, as my skin just sucked it up.

I thought this mask would be perfect for my combination, uneven and acne-prone skin. However, after the first use I found it made my skin feel very tight and somewhat irritated. It really didn't work well for my sensitive skin. I will say it made my skin feel very smooth and it wasn't too difficult peeling the mask off like many reviews say.

This had a light scent and the consistency of a clay mask. The tube packaging (rather than a jar) made it a little slow to apply. With masks, I tend to apply a thicker layer in problem areas like my T-zone and a thinner layer on the sides of my face. I was able to peel off the thicker sections without too many problems, but the edges were impossible and required me to dig nails into my skin to get underneath the mask so it could be peeled. Way too much work! I prefer a mask that can just be washed off. This did seem to make my skin smoother, but it did nothing to even my skin tone and I didn't notice any difference in skin clarity.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

While Boscia's black mask was pretty popular a few years ago, I hadn't heard much about the Bright White Mask. To me, the two masks are the same - takes a while to dry, difficult to peel off, and other than lifting gunk out of your pores, not much benefit to my skin. Obviously they're different colors - this one looks like you've slathered white out all over your face. This mask is supposed to even skin tone, reduce hyperpigmentation, brighten skin, moisturizer and plump skin, and reduce fine lines/wrinkles. I'm a little skeptical about its ability to do any of these things.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got a sample packet in a Sephora order and read the reviews here before trying it, so I knew to spread a thick layer. After 20-25 minutes, I started to peel. And kept peeling. And peeling. And more peeling. It took me -- no joke -- 30 minutes to peel this mask of my face. I hope I didn't damage my skin picking at it so much! But I must say my face is uber smooth. And I was able to rinse off the areas of the mask that I couldn't peel, so since I still have half the sample packet left, I think next time I'll forgo peeling altogether and just rinse. I'll never get that 30 minutes back!

I just saw this featured at Sephora and thought, what the heck? Threw it into my basket full of other cosmetics. It's fun to use and all, but as a brightening effect, NADA!! Did it make my skin nicer? Probably not. I think I will try their black mask later on. There are much better masks out there for cheaper that'll probably do a much better job. In the meantime I'll just finish the rest of what's left in this tube. It doesn't take much to use a lot because if you don't lay it on thick enough it becomes very difficult to peel off completely. Would not repurchase again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Ok, so this product is full of hype that it does not really live up to. However, the one thing this does do, for me at least, is temporarily brighten my complexion. This has become my go-to when I need to look fresh and awake in a pinch before going out. I have also discovered through trial and error that I don't really need to spread this on thick, let it dry or peel it off to get this benefit. I apply a thin layer to a slightly dampened face, leave it on for 5 minutes, then remove with a warm cloth. Works like a charm, every time. I will most likely keep this in the arsenal.