Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.2

on 8/11/2017 1:40:00 PM

This is an extremely unremarkable, boring, generic, vanilla scent. I am quite surprised that YSL would produce such a dull perfume, and give it such a bold name. Remember when Vanilla Fields came out maybe 30 years ago? This won't offend anyone and is suitable for all ages, but that is hardly a compliment.

on 2/25/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, this is a very 'grown up' scent. I usually go for scents like Nina Ricci Nina L'Eau, Mark Jacob's Daisy or Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb which are all quite light and summery. However, Manifesto by YSL is much heavier, with blackcurrant, cedar core and sandalwood, and undertones of vanilla and Tonka bean. On me the blackcurrant and Tonka bean stands out, which are two scents I wouldn't usually find appealing. But in this, it works. And it lasts all day, which is just amazing as usually scents only last a few hours on me (something to do with the pH of my skin, I'm told).

The only downside for me is the bottle this comes in. It's soooo 1980s!! The first time I took it out of the box I couldn't believe how ugly it was. It truly looks like the sort of thing Joan Collins would have had on her dressing table in an episode of Dynasty. Whenever I see it on my dressing table, I can't help but imagine shoulder pads, power dressing women and men in badly cut suits. It's a good thing it smells so good, otherwise I'd hide it away in a cupboard!

on 2/28/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Meh... It smells almost exactly like Emporio Armani, the steelgrey bottle. While I love that, I don't love a copycat... Bottle design reminds me of the all those celeb fragrances, bit on the cheap side. Sorry all you lovers, this is just a miss as far as I'm concerned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Saw this as a gift set (inc body lotion) in Boots for half price. It was the last one in the January sales I treated myself. It was £23 which is a bargain.

I have been testing it regularly over a year so I knew I liked it.

It is a grown up fruity smell with dark undertones and a sweetness. Not too sweet or fruity. Very sophisticated so appropriate for night or day wear. It reminds me of Dior Addict but with added fruitiness.

The only negative is that the sandalwood can be a little heavy so I may not be able to wear it every day.

on 9/2/2013 10:57:00 AM

I bought the small bottle after smelling this because I loved it! Sweet, vanilla but not cloying & floral - thought it would be my new signature fragrance however it has zero lasting power on me :( I literally can't smell it an hour after I applied. The do make a perfume rollerball so I tried that to increase longevity but got tired of re-applying

Manifesto is a lovely scent. I don't normally wear florals, however this is such a smooth feminine scent, I'll find time to wear it. I spritzed some on at the perfume counter, and got two unsolicited compliments before I left the store, which is enough for me. One person told me that she doesn't normally like or wear perfume, but that this was lovely. It's not too fruity or sticky sweet, rather it's light, with just a hint of the jasmine...it does come across as a "purple" scent, if that makes sense. The dry down is especially nice...A particularly nice vanilla with some very light woods rounds it out, To me, there's not much throw, but as I received comments on it, it may be stronger than I can pick up. It will be a lovely summer perfume. It's not terribly unique and has rather ordinary notes, and may be "boring" to some, however it's so well done that it should judged on it's merits apart from the rest of the crowd.
.NOTE***** This review is for MANIFESTO. The system would not let me add to list of frags under YSL.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Every time I went to the mall, I had to spray this on. Love it, very sexy fragrance. I'm all about Tonka Bean, love Vanilla, and Jasmine is one of my favorites. My favorite perfume for the last few months has been Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 in the pink bottle and it has Tonka Mousse. It has awesome lasting power and the bottle is adorable. I purchased a gift set that had the Eau de Parfum Spray, 3-oz. and Eau de Parfum Spray, 1-oz. for only $112 at Dillard's. The 3-oz. by itself is $102.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I can't remember the last time YSL produced a decent frag, or a fragrance that it worth to be called so. It's been ages, probably since Opium Fleur de Shanghai (2005) or Nu (2001). After that time, we got only mainstream, fruity sirupy florals without any originality or personality, frargances made to please the big audience. And disappoint real fragrance lovers!
Manifesto is no change from the trend YSL parfums is in.
A very sweet opening (blackcurrant) that goes into an overly sweet jasmine. I cannot detect any lily of the valley (one of my favoutie notes) although it is mentioned in the official notes.
It's bold, very in your face, after some hours on the skin it develops a gourmand facet that could please many, but not me. I find it intrusive and unappealing. Lacks of sobriety and elegance.
For me it's definitely a no.
___________________________________
Notes:

Top: Blackcurrant, Green Notes
Heart:Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley
base:Vanilla, Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Tonka Bean

on 2/5/2013 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was very keen to try this scent when it came out. I was drawn to the purple colour they used as it's my favourite colour. The scent is not something usual and groundbreaking and It smells very familiar to me. I could somehow smell 3 different scents mingled together while I was wearing this, Addict by Dior (the slight greeness), Fantasy by Britney Spears (the sweetness) and Emporio Armani She/Elle/Lei (the powderiness). It didn't smell exactly like any of these in particular, but I could just smell wafts that reminded me of these throughout the day. I do really like this, it's a wearable and lovely, good quality, long lasting scent that I would say could be worn casually or for a night out. I'll definitely wear what I have.

on 1/18/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So disappointed. I have been waiting for so long for this to be released in New Zealand. It is in the same vein as Flowerbomb and La vie Est Belle but softer and slightly smoother. I was expecting something to wow me coming from the house that created Opium but along with diluting that masterpiece it seems they are now just pleasing their board of directors and following the current trend of fruitchoulli.. I love the bottle, although others think its tacky. Never mind, I will be saving up for their forever youth serum so they haven't lost me completely as a fan, just no fan of their fragrances anymore.

Popular Fragrances