Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.9

on 11/15/2016 10:28:00 PM

When I first tried Manifesto it was by no means "love at first sniff." I thought it lovely, simple, mature & pleasant, but I didn't rush to the register to purchase after testing.

Then it happened... as I made my way through the mall I kept thinking "who smells so good?!" It was me! It really grew on me. Because of the price, I STILL didn't return to Nordstrom to buy it. I would regret that decision a few hours later.

I got home that evening a good 5 hours later. Upon greeting my husband with our routine kiss he pressed his nose into my neck, inhaled deeply and emphatically exclaimed, "Mmmmmmmm, what are you wearing?" He ended up giving me 100 dollar bill and telling me to go back and buy it if I like it as much as he did. He has NEVER been that enthusiastic about a perfume I've worn like, EVER.

Still to this day I like it and wear it often and while I personally don't see it as a perfect scent, I get more compliments on it than anything else I've ever worn hands down! It seems to be a safe scent that is well received by almost everyone. Men just love it! For this reason I will always have a bottle on hand. Oh, and it lasts and lasts. Mega staying power. My coat still smells like it from 3 days ago.

on 6/19/2016 10:06:00 AM

This perfume was a major let down. I don't know why but it smells very weird and it's one of those scents that I usually picture grandmas wearing! It's very strong but after a while you can't really smell it anymore as if it vanishes with time. I feel bad for not liking it because it's quite expensive but to be completely honest it's still sitting there on my shelf like an ornament.

on 2/4/2016 1:32:00 AM

I really like this perfume. I have tried several different high end perfumes, and have several bottles of them still. I asked for some lady samples when I bought my boyfriend's black code and I got this one as one of the samples. I tried it and I was very intrigued. There was something about it though, that made me think of some kind of after shave and left me uncertain how I felt about it. I kind of didn't like it, but at the same time, I really did like it.

Over the next several days, I kept reapplying the sample of this stuff and I couldn't stop smelling it. I started to fall in love with it. But I still didn't know what people around me would think of it. I asked my boyfriend if he liked the scent and he said, "Yes. That smells really nice, actually." I told him he could buy that for me for Christmas if he wanted :p that is the real test.. I wouldn't buy any perfume if he disliked it.

Anyway.. So I got the full size bottle for Christmas and a small body lotion in this scent and a really nice YSL case that wasn't even available as an additional gift. My bf has a way with words :p

I only have one complaint though.. It doesn't last long. It smells really strong when you first apply it. After a few minutes, it calms down but then idk maybe a few hours later I don't smell it on me at all but can still smell it faintly on my wrists. Then a while later, the smell is completely gone. It does however, last on your clothes. I put it on my sweater one time and the next time I wore it, I smelled the yumminess.

I won't remove one point for that reason, though. I still love it.

on 7/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm compelled to write this review solely based on the audacity of the YSL brand to put out something like this. Manifesto is such a mediocre offering not reflecting the YSL brand as a perfume power house; this smells like something Coty would put out as a flanker to luxury lines. I agree with the review below that it is very similar to Armani Code, especially in the middle notes and dry down. Code is actually a bit more interesting since I can actually detect berries and acidic qualities. Manifesto is all tonka beans and vanilla. Offensively inoffensive, if there is such a thing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So.....i work around Hi End Fragrances all day.
I have worn different ones over the years, but none compare to this one. It is now my signature fragrance and i cant tell you how many people stop me and ask what im wearing. I practically bath in this stuff. No way to describe other than a pleasant mixture of sweet, powdery, musky.
Once you wear this one, you wont wear anything else!

on 7/24/2013 3:47:00 PM

Normally I don't like sweet scents for me but this one won me over. I really love it. It's so light and sensual and feminine. Not too sweet, not too powdery just perfect, especially for Summer. Normally I don't like to stick to 1 perfume but I'd definitely buy this one again. I think it's worth trying.

on 6/23/2013 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Smooth, light, powdery flowers and a creamy wood base with resinous notes. Very wearable, very nice. Rich enough to be a night fragrance but still simple enough to be day wear. Very likable and since I'm not a huge Jasmine fan, a bit of a surprise.

on 5/17/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Contains notes of Jasmine, Wood, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. When first use it I smell a burst of fruity black current/plum with a undertone of woodsy vanilla. After it settles into my skin I can smell a blend of jasmine, vanilla, wood, musky- a bit powdery and musky. It smells soft, warm, and comforting. It reminds me of VS Heavenly and Emporio Armani She perfumes. If you like those two fragrances I would check out Manifesto. I find it does last through out the day but doesn't smell strong. It lingers but doesn't overpower.

I did find it a bit expensive- ( retail prices .34 roller ball $25, 1oz EDP $62, 1.7oz EDP $82, & 3.0 oz EDP $102 ) I have seen a gift set with the 1oz and 3oz for $112. I was able get the 1oz via a Sephora inside JC Penny Perfume Sampler kit for $50- the kit contained samples of various samples a full sized Sephora by OPI nail polish in "I'm Wired" and a voucher to purchase a small bottle of one of the samples.

I did have a problem with redeeming my voucher at the Sephora inside JC Penny even thought I bought the set there. There is a misprint in the fine print that says it CAN NOT be redeemed at the SJCP. Even though in the title it says it's JC Penny exclusive kit. So- there is a chance that both stores will not redeem the voucher.

My experience was when I went to the SJCP I was denied redemption of the voucher due the fine print and was told to go to the freestanding store. I expressed my concern that I purchased the kit at SJCP and was unhappy and though it was strange I was unable to redeem it at their location. The SA thought the kit was a return from a freestanding store and was adamant that I had to redeem it at the freestanding store.

I went to the freestanding store only to find out that Manifesto is not sold at any freestanding store within 50 miles. They were nice enough to call up SJCP. SJCP made an "exception" to let me redeem the voucher. Otherwise the freestanding store was willing to let me purchase Manifesto out of pocket @ SJCP and let me return and redeem the voucher at their store. A huge hassle but at least I got what I wanted. If they were not able to accommodate me- I would have returned the kit. But at that point how could SJCP deny it was a misprint- I would have had the kit and receipt- it proves it was bought at their location. They also had the same exact kit in stock and could have taken a look to see it was a mistake. I can see this as a major problem if you don't have freestanding store nearby or they don't carry the fragrance you want.

on 5/11/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

YSL Manifesto eau de parfum is a sophisticated scent.
-the bottle design is mysterious and opulent
-ad campaign with Jessica Chastain- Bravo!
-a unique gourmand fragrance that is complex, creamy and sultry on my skin
-I can't compare this fragrance to any other fragrance as it would not be fair as Manifesto stands or sits crossed legged and sultry on its own ; )
-For reference I wear Alien, YSL Elle, Angel, Bvlgari Notte, Hermes Eau de Merveilles, Lolita, Montale Chocolate Greedy, Prada Candy, Sinner by Kat Von D and many more gourmand fragrances.
-highly addictive- upon first spritz I was enveloped in a crisp green, woody vanilla after a few moments the fragrance settles to a rich sambac jasmine and comes through to a dry down of a slightly oriental base of vanilla and tonka bean creaminess. Love...
-I adore everything about this gorgeously complex fragrance.
-excellent longevity- lasts all day and lingers until the morning-so sexy!

on 5/7/2013 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I normally wear Narsico Rodriguez Her. I now am in love with this perfume. I fist smelled it on my friend and then tested it out at a local mall. I could not stop sniffing my wrist. I think it smells sexy and sensual. The longevity is also pretty good. However, some people may find itthe perfume a bit strong or unappealing. My co-worker saw the bottle on my desk and she loved the bottle but when she sniffed it, she kind of just walked away. Haha. I don't care though.

Popular Fragrances