Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.7

on 2/26/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This perfume is beautiful. Upon first sniff you might just shrug and not think much, but let it dry and then smell again. You'll be convinced. It is not your typical fragrance, it doesn't lean heavy on any floral notes. This is all sugar. It will have you smelling like creme brulee.

on 2/10/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this more than I thought I would. Vanilla picked up with fresh black currant. On me it develops into something that smells a bit like an almond cookie. Light, but rich. Yum! :)

on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first sprayed it on me I hated it! However as the day went on I absently fell in love with it! My friends even commented on how good I smelled! I just find when you first spray it, it can be a little harsh but after a few minutes its fades and leaves a great scent!

on 2/28/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Meh... It smells almost exactly like Emporio Armani, the steelgrey bottle. While I love that, I don't love a copycat... Bottle design reminds me of the all those celeb fragrances, bit on the cheap side. Sorry all you lovers, this is just a miss as far as I'm concerned.

on 3/24/2013 5:49:00 PM

UPDATE: Hubby did give me this for our anniversary and I am over the moon. I love this scent so much! I stay with my below description. It's green, but not lettuce-smelling green (like a few I could mention). It's sweet, but not Aquolina Pink sweet (yuck!). It's a lovely fragrance for summer. For any time of the year, really. Yes, the bottle is tacky, but you don't have to carry it around, do you?

I got a good sample of this at Sephora. According to their site, the composition is this: Jasmine, Wood, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. I definitely smell the jas and the vanilla, and it's a match made in heaven. Sweet but not so much as to resemble candy floss. It's a greener, more grown-up sweet. Not as entrancing as the Maison de la Vanille stuff, but still, a very nice frag. I might ask hubby to give me this for our anniversary.

I too was a bit dismayed at the bottle. Then I looked at Niki Minaj, MJ's Dot, Betsy Johnson's black and pink tutu, and other similar bloody sacrifices made to the gods of bad taste and vulgarity, and suddenly the Manifesto bottle did not look too bad.

on 1/18/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So disappointed. I have been waiting for so long for this to be released in New Zealand. It is in the same vein as Flowerbomb and La vie Est Belle but softer and slightly smoother. I was expecting something to wow me coming from the house that created Opium but along with diluting that masterpiece it seems they are now just pleasing their board of directors and following the current trend of fruitchoulli.. I love the bottle, although others think its tacky. Never mind, I will be saving up for their forever youth serum so they haven't lost me completely as a fan, just no fan of their fragrances anymore.

Popular Fragrances