Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

4.3

on 2/25/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, this is a very 'grown up' scent. I usually go for scents like Nina Ricci Nina L'Eau, Mark Jacob's Daisy or Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb which are all quite light and summery. However, Manifesto by YSL is much heavier, with blackcurrant, cedar core and sandalwood, and undertones of vanilla and Tonka bean. On me the blackcurrant and Tonka bean stands out, which are two scents I wouldn't usually find appealing. But in this, it works. And it lasts all day, which is just amazing as usually scents only last a few hours on me (something to do with the pH of my skin, I'm told).

The only downside for me is the bottle this comes in. It's soooo 1980s!! The first time I took it out of the box I couldn't believe how ugly it was. It truly looks like the sort of thing Joan Collins would have had on her dressing table in an episode of Dynasty. Whenever I see it on my dressing table, I can't help but imagine shoulder pads, power dressing women and men in badly cut suits. It's a good thing it smells so good, otherwise I'd hide it away in a cupboard!

on 3/10/2014 7:55:00 PM

I love this scent! It is a very unique and distinc scent for ladies. It feels slightly strong when you put it on but whithin minutes the alcohol vapors disappear letting the real scent come through. This is important to keep in mind when you are fragrance shopping as you need to let the perfume settle for a little bit and develop. I absolutely love the way the floral and the wood notes mix, making this a very feminin frangrance. This perfume couples with a little black dress and stylish stilettos is guarnateed to turn heads. It is one of those scents you would wear during the day (in moderation of course) or save for those special ocasions. Oh, and just for the record it smells nothing like Emporio Armani. Armani wishes ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Saw this as a gift set (inc body lotion) in Boots for half price. It was the last one in the January sales I treated myself. It was £23 which is a bargain.

I have been testing it regularly over a year so I knew I liked it.

It is a grown up fruity smell with dark undertones and a sweetness. Not too sweet or fruity. Very sophisticated so appropriate for night or day wear. It reminds me of Dior Addict but with added fruitiness.

The only negative is that the sandalwood can be a little heavy so I may not be able to wear it every day.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Every time I went to the mall, I had to spray this on. Love it, very sexy fragrance. I'm all about Tonka Bean, love Vanilla, and Jasmine is one of my favorites. My favorite perfume for the last few months has been Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 in the pink bottle and it has Tonka Mousse. It has awesome lasting power and the bottle is adorable. I purchased a gift set that had the Eau de Parfum Spray, 3-oz. and Eau de Parfum Spray, 1-oz. for only $112 at Dillard's. The 3-oz. by itself is $102.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was surprised by this amiable fragrance, because it has a cool spiciness to it a kick that is against the current trends. Reminiscent of Armani She, but swaddled in a layer of powdery, warm caramel that we have seen recently in Lancome La Vie est belle, its both with the trend (gourmand, thickly sweet) and off the beaten track. Shows how generic the mainstream has got that a lick of spicy coolness can appear off the beaten track.
The scent this is most like, but a dramatic improvement on (probably down to the more expensive, better quality ingredients) is Beyonces Pulse. I liked Pulse, but in the end it turned my stomach with its cloyingly synthetic heart, though I appreciate it for daring to be a little different. I guess, then, that means Manifesto is a bit of a rip-off of a celebrity scent, but the soft, creamy, yumminess makes me forgive all.
Longevity is pretty good, sillage is better than average, and the overall vibe of Manifesto is drinks with girls after work: sexing up a work outfit with shirt buttons undone to the cleavage and a slick of neon lip.

on 2/5/2013 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was very keen to try this scent when it came out. I was drawn to the purple colour they used as it's my favourite colour. The scent is not something usual and groundbreaking and It smells very familiar to me. I could somehow smell 3 different scents mingled together while I was wearing this, Addict by Dior (the slight greeness), Fantasy by Britney Spears (the sweetness) and Emporio Armani She/Elle/Lei (the powderiness). It didn't smell exactly like any of these in particular, but I could just smell wafts that reminded me of these throughout the day. I do really like this, it's a wearable and lovely, good quality, long lasting scent that I would say could be worn casually or for a night out. I'll definitely wear what I have.

Popular Fragrances