Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.4

on 11/15/2016 10:28:00 PM

When I first tried Manifesto it was by no means "love at first sniff." I thought it lovely, simple, mature & pleasant, but I didn't rush to the register to purchase after testing.

Then it happened... as I made my way through the mall I kept thinking "who smells so good?!" It was me! It really grew on me. Because of the price, I STILL didn't return to Nordstrom to buy it. I would regret that decision a few hours later.

I got home that evening a good 5 hours later. Upon greeting my husband with our routine kiss he pressed his nose into my neck, inhaled deeply and emphatically exclaimed, "Mmmmmmmm, what are you wearing?" He ended up giving me 100 dollar bill and telling me to go back and buy it if I like it as much as he did. He has NEVER been that enthusiastic about a perfume I've worn like, EVER.

Still to this day I like it and wear it often and while I personally don't see it as a perfect scent, I get more compliments on it than anything else I've ever worn hands down! It seems to be a safe scent that is well received by almost everyone. Men just love it! For this reason I will always have a bottle on hand. Oh, and it lasts and lasts. Mega staying power. My coat still smells like it from 3 days ago.

on 6/19/2016 10:06:00 AM

This perfume was a major let down. I don't know why but it smells very weird and it's one of those scents that I usually picture grandmas wearing! It's very strong but after a while you can't really smell it anymore as if it vanishes with time. I feel bad for not liking it because it's quite expensive but to be completely honest it's still sitting there on my shelf like an ornament.

on 2/19/2016 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Interesting fragrance choice for me, I usually lean more towards sweet and fruity but lately I am trying out more musky floral type fragrances. This doesn't smell much like vanilla to me, I know others have said it has that note in it but it's not present on me at all. I picked this up in the eau de parfum rollerball from sephora (a great way to try out new fragrances without committing to a whole bottle). I find it's quite long lasting and a scent I really enjoy wearing for fall/winter. It's unlikely I'll use it in the spring and summer. Would repurchase.

Manifesto is really not bad! It has hints of vanilla and the smell lasts really long. If you're a vanilla lover, this would be perfect! Not too impressed with the packaging..

The scent really does get a little addictive. It doesn't changemuch throughout the day and I love that it stays true to it's original scent.

I would say the scent is really thick and warm though. If you're looking for a lighter, and less overpowering fragrance, this wouldn't be for you.

on 12/4/2014 11:06:00 PM

I loved this fragrance when I sprayed it in Shopper's, but was hesitant to buy it because I had not heard of it before. The lady at the counter assured me that she had purchased it and knew it was long lasting. I ended up purchasing the box set instead of getting Dior Hypnotic Poison like I had planned (I own & love Dior Pure Poison!). I regret this decision.... smells great when first sprayed but has a lasting power of about 10 minutes. Don't waste your money!

on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 AM

I bought this based on reviews-mistake!! Initially smells praline-like/vanilla but the dry down is just terrible!! I know it's probably just a chemistry thing but yuck!i! Why is it when you love a fragrance it never lasts but when you hate one it lingers ALL day!

on 9/8/2013 11:18:00 AM

Manifestos often make me think of extremes but YSL's Manifesto runs in the opposite direction. It's about a little bit of this and a little bit of that. A pleasant, almost seamless balance of things - actually little bits of so many different things that it's bound to catch you with something. And in my experience, the early excitement fades off quite fast, leaving you with something slightly bland... like that scent on a silk scarf; again, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

When I first tried it some time ago, I was overjoyed, almost felt like laughing in the dull department shop I was in. Manifesto opened with cool, airy and half sweet- half sour black currants. Then it turned slightly vanillic, slightly powdery (make-up bag), slightly ambery and even slightly coconutty. Like a melange of everything on the shelves.

I craved for it for a whole month, couldn't get it off my mind and eventually became the proud owner of my own tacky bottle. Soon though, the excitement faded and Manifesto became my everyday fragrance for work because it's acceptable and non-offensive. I ran through my bottle pretty quickly, earned a couple of compliments, caught some exciting whiffs around myself from time to time; but the love affair is over. Nice for autumn though.

Good sillage and good lasting power with multiple spritzes.

on 6/23/2013 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Smooth, light, powdery flowers and a creamy wood base with resinous notes. Very wearable, very nice. Rich enough to be a night fragrance but still simple enough to be day wear. Very likable and since I'm not a huge Jasmine fan, a bit of a surprise.

on 5/17/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Contains notes of Jasmine, Wood, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. When first use it I smell a burst of fruity black current/plum with a undertone of woodsy vanilla. After it settles into my skin I can smell a blend of jasmine, vanilla, wood, musky- a bit powdery and musky. It smells soft, warm, and comforting. It reminds me of VS Heavenly and Emporio Armani She perfumes. If you like those two fragrances I would check out Manifesto. I find it does last through out the day but doesn't smell strong. It lingers but doesn't overpower.

I did find it a bit expensive- ( retail prices .34 roller ball $25, 1oz EDP $62, 1.7oz EDP $82, & 3.0 oz EDP $102 ) I have seen a gift set with the 1oz and 3oz for $112. I was able get the 1oz via a Sephora inside JC Penny Perfume Sampler kit for $50- the kit contained samples of various samples a full sized Sephora by OPI nail polish in "I'm Wired" and a voucher to purchase a small bottle of one of the samples.

I did have a problem with redeeming my voucher at the Sephora inside JC Penny even thought I bought the set there. There is a misprint in the fine print that says it CAN NOT be redeemed at the SJCP. Even though in the title it says it's JC Penny exclusive kit. So- there is a chance that both stores will not redeem the voucher.

My experience was when I went to the SJCP I was denied redemption of the voucher due the fine print and was told to go to the freestanding store. I expressed my concern that I purchased the kit at SJCP and was unhappy and though it was strange I was unable to redeem it at their location. The SA thought the kit was a return from a freestanding store and was adamant that I had to redeem it at the freestanding store.

I went to the freestanding store only to find out that Manifesto is not sold at any freestanding store within 50 miles. They were nice enough to call up SJCP. SJCP made an "exception" to let me redeem the voucher. Otherwise the freestanding store was willing to let me purchase Manifesto out of pocket @ SJCP and let me return and redeem the voucher at their store. A huge hassle but at least I got what I wanted. If they were not able to accommodate me- I would have returned the kit. But at that point how could SJCP deny it was a misprint- I would have had the kit and receipt- it proves it was bought at their location. They also had the same exact kit in stock and could have taken a look to see it was a mistake. I can see this as a major problem if you don't have freestanding store nearby or they don't carry the fragrance you want.

on 5/11/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

YSL Manifesto eau de parfum is a sophisticated scent.
-the bottle design is mysterious and opulent
-ad campaign with Jessica Chastain- Bravo!
-a unique gourmand fragrance that is complex, creamy and sultry on my skin
-I can't compare this fragrance to any other fragrance as it would not be fair as Manifesto stands or sits crossed legged and sultry on its own ; )
-For reference I wear Alien, YSL Elle, Angel, Bvlgari Notte, Hermes Eau de Merveilles, Lolita, Montale Chocolate Greedy, Prada Candy, Sinner by Kat Von D and many more gourmand fragrances.
-highly addictive- upon first spritz I was enveloped in a crisp green, woody vanilla after a few moments the fragrance settles to a rich sambac jasmine and comes through to a dry down of a slightly oriental base of vanilla and tonka bean creaminess. Love...
-I adore everything about this gorgeously complex fragrance.
-excellent longevity- lasts all day and lingers until the morning-so sexy!

Popular Fragrances