Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.9

on 8/11/2017 1:40:00 PM

This is an extremely unremarkable, boring, generic, vanilla scent. I am quite surprised that YSL would produce such a dull perfume, and give it such a bold name. Remember when Vanilla Fields came out maybe 30 years ago? This won't offend anyone and is suitable for all ages, but that is hardly a compliment.

on 2/26/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This perfume is beautiful. Upon first sniff you might just shrug and not think much, but let it dry and then smell again. You'll be convinced. It is not your typical fragrance, it doesn't lean heavy on any floral notes. This is all sugar. It will have you smelling like creme brulee.

on 6/19/2016 10:06:00 AM

This perfume was a major let down. I don't know why but it smells very weird and it's one of those scents that I usually picture grandmas wearing! It's very strong but after a while you can't really smell it anymore as if it vanishes with time. I feel bad for not liking it because it's quite expensive but to be completely honest it's still sitting there on my shelf like an ornament.

on 2/19/2016 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Interesting fragrance choice for me, I usually lean more towards sweet and fruity but lately I am trying out more musky floral type fragrances. This doesn't smell much like vanilla to me, I know others have said it has that note in it but it's not present on me at all. I picked this up in the eau de parfum rollerball from sephora (a great way to try out new fragrances without committing to a whole bottle). I find it's quite long lasting and a scent I really enjoy wearing for fall/winter. It's unlikely I'll use it in the spring and summer. Would repurchase.

on 2/4/2016 1:32:00 AM

I really like this perfume. I have tried several different high end perfumes, and have several bottles of them still. I asked for some lady samples when I bought my boyfriend's black code and I got this one as one of the samples. I tried it and I was very intrigued. There was something about it though, that made me think of some kind of after shave and left me uncertain how I felt about it. I kind of didn't like it, but at the same time, I really did like it.

Over the next several days, I kept reapplying the sample of this stuff and I couldn't stop smelling it. I started to fall in love with it. But I still didn't know what people around me would think of it. I asked my boyfriend if he liked the scent and he said, "Yes. That smells really nice, actually." I told him he could buy that for me for Christmas if he wanted :p that is the real test.. I wouldn't buy any perfume if he disliked it.

Anyway.. So I got the full size bottle for Christmas and a small body lotion in this scent and a really nice YSL case that wasn't even available as an additional gift. My bf has a way with words :p

I only have one complaint though.. It doesn't last long. It smells really strong when you first apply it. After a few minutes, it calms down but then idk maybe a few hours later I don't smell it on me at all but can still smell it faintly on my wrists. Then a while later, the smell is completely gone. It does however, last on your clothes. I put it on my sweater one time and the next time I wore it, I smelled the yumminess.

I won't remove one point for that reason, though. I still love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I recently bought the Manifesto rollerball and I'm in love! I'm definitely going to be picking up a bottle of this stuff when I get the chance. It's a very strong vanilla-ish scent. I find it to be a really elegant perfume and it lasts so long (seriously if I don't shower at night and I can smell it on my pillow the next morning). Less is definitely more with this stuff, because I find if I put too much on the smell is very overpowering, but in moderation it's a wonderful perfume. That being said, I hate the packaging. I feel with a brand like YSL, the packaging should be top-notch (especially since you're paying a lot for the product). Manifesto's packaging looks tacky to me. (Why is that weird jewel thing in the centre of the bottle? Is it supposed to look like a upright bow? I just do not understand.) I expected more from the brand in that regard. But I buy my perfumes for how they smell, not how they look on my shelf, so I'll get over that particular flaw.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is now my 2nd bottle of Manifesto. It's just so intoxicating, I love it. It's sensual, creamy floral, with a hint of vanilla. It stays for 6 hours, no joke, and it's hypnotic, addictive like a drug. I love smelling it on myself, and I also think the bottle is just gorgeous, easy to hold in the hand. This isn't the perfume for everyone because it's a little more grown up, more serious and adult than the really popular perfumes like Coco Mademoiselle. Unlike those perfumes, Manifesto doesn't smell perfume-y. It just sifts into my body chemistry and stays there, wooing me for hours with its subtle beauty vibe. I'm breathing in Manifesto as I write this - and I applied it 3 hours ago - just three quick sprays is all it takes.

The perfect scent. Thank you, YSL!!!!

on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first sprayed it on me I hated it! However as the day went on I absently fell in love with it! My friends even commented on how good I smelled! I just find when you first spray it, it can be a little harsh but after a few minutes its fades and leaves a great scent!

on 3/10/2014 7:55:00 PM

I love this scent! It is a very unique and distinc scent for ladies. It feels slightly strong when you put it on but whithin minutes the alcohol vapors disappear letting the real scent come through. This is important to keep in mind when you are fragrance shopping as you need to let the perfume settle for a little bit and develop. I absolutely love the way the floral and the wood notes mix, making this a very feminin frangrance. This perfume couples with a little black dress and stylish stilettos is guarnateed to turn heads. It is one of those scents you would wear during the day (in moderation of course) or save for those special ocasions. Oh, and just for the record it smells nothing like Emporio Armani. Armani wishes ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Saw this as a gift set (inc body lotion) in Boots for half price. It was the last one in the January sales I treated myself. It was £23 which is a bargain.

I have been testing it regularly over a year so I knew I liked it.

It is a grown up fruity smell with dark undertones and a sweetness. Not too sweet or fruity. Very sophisticated so appropriate for night or day wear. It reminds me of Dior Addict but with added fruitiness.

The only negative is that the sandalwood can be a little heavy so I may not be able to wear it every day.

Popular Fragrances