Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

on 2/5/2014 6:41:00 PM

Love, love, love this! (Did I mention I love this?) :-) Even though this is over my price range, I splurged before the holidays and purchased a gift set--perfume and body lotion.
I was so excited. It smelled on me exactly the way it smelled on the paper sampler. And it lasted a long time, too. What a yummy and sultry and smooth scent; all in one! Love all the vanilla! One problem: It makes my nose run. Both times I wore it, my nose was runny. Both times, when I washed it off, my nose dried up. Obviously there's something in Manifesto that doesn't agree with me. And that's weird because no other perfumes I have, have done this to me. Sadly, I had to return my purchase to the store. I've tried to find other perfumes that are similar to this wonderful/enticing scent, but to no avail. Gals, this is a great one, especially with you like vanilla. Besides vanilla, it's both a little fruity and a little floral.
The name should be "Perfecto".

on 3/24/2013 5:49:00 PM

UPDATE: Hubby did give me this for our anniversary and I am over the moon. I love this scent so much! I stay with my below description. It's green, but not lettuce-smelling green (like a few I could mention). It's sweet, but not Aquolina Pink sweet (yuck!). It's a lovely fragrance for summer. For any time of the year, really. Yes, the bottle is tacky, but you don't have to carry it around, do you?

I got a good sample of this at Sephora. According to their site, the composition is this: Jasmine, Wood, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. I definitely smell the jas and the vanilla, and it's a match made in heaven. Sweet but not so much as to resemble candy floss. It's a greener, more grown-up sweet. Not as entrancing as the Maison de la Vanille stuff, but still, a very nice frag. I might ask hubby to give me this for our anniversary.

I too was a bit dismayed at the bottle. Then I looked at Niki Minaj, MJ's Dot, Betsy Johnson's black and pink tutu, and other similar bloody sacrifices made to the gods of bad taste and vulgarity, and suddenly the Manifesto bottle did not look too bad.

Popular Fragrances