Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.7

on 2/25/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, this is a very 'grown up' scent. I usually go for scents like Nina Ricci Nina L'Eau, Mark Jacob's Daisy or Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb which are all quite light and summery. However, Manifesto by YSL is much heavier, with blackcurrant, cedar core and sandalwood, and undertones of vanilla and Tonka bean. On me the blackcurrant and Tonka bean stands out, which are two scents I wouldn't usually find appealing. But in this, it works. And it lasts all day, which is just amazing as usually scents only last a few hours on me (something to do with the pH of my skin, I'm told).

The only downside for me is the bottle this comes in. It's soooo 1980s!! The first time I took it out of the box I couldn't believe how ugly it was. It truly looks like the sort of thing Joan Collins would have had on her dressing table in an episode of Dynasty. Whenever I see it on my dressing table, I can't help but imagine shoulder pads, power dressing women and men in badly cut suits. It's a good thing it smells so good, otherwise I'd hide it away in a cupboard!

on 7/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm compelled to write this review solely based on the audacity of the YSL brand to put out something like this. Manifesto is such a mediocre offering not reflecting the YSL brand as a perfume power house; this smells like something Coty would put out as a flanker to luxury lines. I agree with the review below that it is very similar to Armani Code, especially in the middle notes and dry down. Code is actually a bit more interesting since I can actually detect berries and acidic qualities. Manifesto is all tonka beans and vanilla. Offensively inoffensive, if there is such a thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is now my 2nd bottle of Manifesto. It's just so intoxicating, I love it. It's sensual, creamy floral, with a hint of vanilla. It stays for 6 hours, no joke, and it's hypnotic, addictive like a drug. I love smelling it on myself, and I also think the bottle is just gorgeous, easy to hold in the hand. This isn't the perfume for everyone because it's a little more grown up, more serious and adult than the really popular perfumes like Coco Mademoiselle. Unlike those perfumes, Manifesto doesn't smell perfume-y. It just sifts into my body chemistry and stays there, wooing me for hours with its subtle beauty vibe. I'm breathing in Manifesto as I write this - and I applied it 3 hours ago - just three quick sprays is all it takes.

The perfect scent. Thank you, YSL!!!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So.....i work around Hi End Fragrances all day.
I have worn different ones over the years, but none compare to this one. It is now my signature fragrance and i cant tell you how many people stop me and ask what im wearing. I practically bath in this stuff. No way to describe other than a pleasant mixture of sweet, powdery, musky.
Once you wear this one, you wont wear anything else!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I can't remember the last time YSL produced a decent frag, or a fragrance that it worth to be called so. It's been ages, probably since Opium Fleur de Shanghai (2005) or Nu (2001). After that time, we got only mainstream, fruity sirupy florals without any originality or personality, frargances made to please the big audience. And disappoint real fragrance lovers!
Manifesto is no change from the trend YSL parfums is in.
A very sweet opening (blackcurrant) that goes into an overly sweet jasmine. I cannot detect any lily of the valley (one of my favoutie notes) although it is mentioned in the official notes.
It's bold, very in your face, after some hours on the skin it develops a gourmand facet that could please many, but not me. I find it intrusive and unappealing. Lacks of sobriety and elegance.
For me it's definitely a no.
___________________________________
Notes:

Top: Blackcurrant, Green Notes
Heart:Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley
base:Vanilla, Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Tonka Bean

on 2/5/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was very keen to try this scent when it came out. I was drawn to the purple colour they used as it's my favourite colour. The scent is not something usual and groundbreaking and It smells very familiar to me. I could somehow smell 3 different scents mingled together while I was wearing this, Addict by Dior (the slight greeness), Fantasy by Britney Spears (the sweetness) and Emporio Armani She/Elle/Lei (the powderiness). It didn't smell exactly like any of these in particular, but I could just smell wafts that reminded me of these throughout the day. I do really like this, it's a wearable and lovely, good quality, long lasting scent that I would say could be worn casually or for a night out. I'll definitely wear what I have.

Popular Fragrances