Renpure Ren Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Renpure Ren Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.7

Ingredients: Purified Water, Sorbitol (Sugar*), Acrylamide/Sodium Acrylate Copolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut*) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower*) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary*) Leaf Extract, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Psidium Guajava (Guava*) Fruit Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Red Seaweed*) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Red Alga*) Extract, Sargassum Filipendula (Brown Seaweed*) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter*) Oil, Hydroxypropyl Guar, PEG-5M, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride (Palm Oil*), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. (* Derived Source)

on 5/21/2016 5:02:00 AM

I haven't had this product very long but so far I'm really enjoying it. I was looking for a product that wouldn't over dry my hair but would also take care of the oil. I have long, fine hair and so far I've been using a third the number of pumps recommended in the directions and its done just what I wanted it to do. it left my hair clean, soft, easy to brush through, and still shiny without looking oily or dirty. I am in love with the smell of mint and you can defiantly smell it in this product as you are applying it. the rosemary adds a nice earthy sent to compliment the fresh and clean sent of the mint. unfortunately the sent that has stayed with my hair after it dried is more of rosemary than mint. as for the packaging, it defiantly caught my eye and I love having a pump to dispense the conditioner. so far this product has lived up to its promise of leaving my hair conditioned and cleaned while being shiny and frizz free.

I've been hesitant to try a cleansing conditioner because of the horror stories that have been coming out about certain brands. I've always wanted to try Wen, but I haven't been able to build up the courage to spend that much when reviews talk about the huge amount you have to use each time. That's why this product caught my eye. I picked it up at Walmart for six and change, so there wasn't too much of an investment. I've only used it once, but all I can say is that it's ok. I used the recommended amount and followed the directions, which were pretty simple. My scalp felt really clean after use, even though the product goes on thick and heavy. I think where I went wrong is thinking that the product replaces conditioner. IT DOES NOT REPLACE CONDITIONER. Although it got my hair clean, my hair was really dry and tangled. So, I will continue to use the product, and overtime, maybe my opinion will change. Til then, I'll have to live with my hair of straw.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

(This review is for the Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner.)

I like this product, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase or not. I've used a full bottle of it and I have no major complaints, but I rarely repurchase a hair product unless it really impresses me.

First things first: The product itself is a medium-thick, creamy conditioner. It doesn't have a ton of slip, but it still spreads easily enough if you add some water to your hair while applying the conditioner. It smells very nice, if somewhat artificial: you can smell both the mint and the vanilla, but it doesn't have the cooling, earthy smell you might imagine. It's a relatively sweet scent.

The packaging is a bit bothersome. I don't think cleansing conditioners should be in pump bottles, personally. I find it an awkward way to dispense a shower product and not any more convenient than it being in a squeeze bottle (which would be my preference).

This does clean my hair quite well if all I'm dealing with is regular scalp oil, but it doesn't remove other hair products very well, so this is probably best for someone who doesn't use many styling products on a daily basis.

While this does make my hair feel clean, it's not a "deep clean" by any means. I still needed to keep a shampoo on hand to use after every few conditioner washes, just to really get my scalp and roots residue-free. It also didn't condition quite well enough on its own. It's not drying, but hair is naturally dry/tangle-prone, so I needed something richer and thicker to use after conditioner washing in order to get really good results on my hair.

Maybe that's why I'm on the fence with this product: it's good in and of itself, but for me, it wasn't the one-step product to replace all my other products. I still had to use regular shampoo occasionally, and regular conditioner with each wash. It cleans well, but not as well as shampoo. It conditions decently, but not as well as a regular conditioner. Given that, I'm not sure it's an improvement on the old school system of a gentle shampoo + deep conditioner. It seems to just add one more product into my rotation. It's a good one to have, but it doesn't simplify anything.

I would probably get this again if I was going on a short-term trip and I wanted to cut down on the amount of products I brought along, since I think I could get along with only this for a short period of time. But now that my bottle is used up, I think I'll explore other things before trying it again.

This cleansing conditioner is very light and smells lovely. I have fine, long hair and I need to use many pumps; I can't imagine the pumps someone with thick hair would need. It spreads easily throughout the hair, but I feel that it doesn't cleanse well enough. I use this once a week.

on 6/17/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

For the price, this is a very good cleansing conditioner for my wavy, color treated, fine, but tons of it hair.10-12 pumps are needed for my a bit longer than shoulder length hair.
My biggest disappointment is that there is actually NO mint in the ingredients so it is baffling to me how anyone could review that they get a "tingle" from this. I actually have a dry sensitive scalp so I LOVE the shampoos and conditioners that have a bit of a tingle, like ColorProof and Pureology, or some of the tea tree lines. This is only scented (perfumed) with mint, and not much of that either, so I would not use this every day because my scalp will get irritated after a while.
As far as conditioning goes, I still need a bit of spray leave-in to get through the tangles around my ears, but I need that for any shampoo and conditioner combo, so I won't hold my tangles against it.
This does not weigh my hair down, or interfere with my curl pattern, and it plays nicely with any of my styling/curling products I apply after I get out of the shower. I always air-dry my hair, and I have no problem racking my fingers through my hair after it is dry.
Overall, it is a decent cleansing conditioner for a great price, especially as Walgreen's seems to like to BOGO it a lot, but be warned if you have dry or coarse hair, you will also need to use a leave in conditioner (or use more of this as a leave in ) because this will not be moisturizing enough on its own for your type of hair.

I have been wanting to try Wen for a few years now. I hesitated to purchase it because I felt like my hair would be greasy and dirty feeling. I have very oily skin and hair and have been using a daily clarifying shampoo for years. my hair is now frizzy and damaged. We'll I ran across Ren cleansing conditioner at walgreens and decided that since it's cheaper than wen I would give it a shot. I'm so thankful I did! After the first use my hair felt fresh and healthy. It really cleans your scalp and makes it tingle. After a week I still love it. I suggest everyone give this stuff a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I joined MakeupAlley just so I could REVIEW THIS PRODUCT!!!! Bravo Renpure family. This cleansing conditioner kicks butt! Buy it! I will never be without this.

on 11/24/2014 7:34:00 AM

This is my first try with a cleansing conditioner. I like this, but I definitely can't skip a day of shampooing when I use this... I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and I think my hair looks great! I love the pump style bottle, too. Originally I thought following the bottle's instructions (10-12 pumps) was a little much, but I have found that I need at least 10 pumps to cleanse all around my scalp and long hair. I like the minty scent, too! I will probably buy this again...I love that I can find this at Walgreens and Target!!!

**Update--after going through an entire bottle of this product, I don't think I would repurchase...Although I love the idea of a cleansing conditioner, this conditioner really seems to weigh down my hair and I feel like mid-day my hair kinda looks greasy, especially the hair around my face...I think I will keep looking for a different product that might be better for me...**

on 8/29/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After searching long and hard for a great cleansing conditioner for my long, thick and highlighted hair I came across this one by Renpure. I must say I'm impressed. The consistency is very thick and creamy which is perfect for my thick and dry hair. It went on like butter and rinsed off easily. It has no sulphates, parabens or animal testing and contains plenty of organic ingredients. This is perfect! My hair feels soft/looks shiny and my scalp pleasantly tingles for hours after each use. I would strongly recommend this for its overall quality and price compared to other cleansing conditioners :)

on 8/27/2014 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My hair: Fine but I have a lot of it, curly/wavy, dyed regularly, halfway between shoulder and boob

I used the argan shampoo and conditioner from Renpure for a long time, and I still love them, but I wanted to just get rid of shampoo altogether and didn't want to sell an arm, leg, and possible kidney for the price of Wen or try a conditioning cleanser from some well-known regular drugstore brand like Pantene or Garnier as I've never really had good luck with those kind of brands.

So I picked this up at Walgreens. It's 16 fl oz, thin consistency (think like a thin lotion). I do really, really like this product, but I'll start with the negatives first to get those out of the way.

One, it's not moisturizing enough for me to be able to use it on the mid-lengths and ends of my hair. I need to use a separate conditioner on those parts (argan oil one from Renpure), which I don't really mind because yeah I guess a cleansing conditioner is supposed to be able to eliminate that step but what can ya do. It only adds like 15 seconds of extra hair-cleaning time so I'm not mad about it.

Two, it says it can function as a leave-in as well, but I found that when I tried using it that way it weighed my hair down (remember though I have fine hair). Those are really the only negatives I have to say about it though.

This does get my hair clean, without being stripped. I don't need to use as many pumps that are suggested because I thin mine out a bit with water while it's on my head so I can really get the most out of it and spread it around easier. I find that it doesn't take that much effort, either. I've never tried Wen but from what I've heard about it, it sounds like you have to spend 37 years in the shower washing your hair lol but I just spread this on, massage it around for a couple minutes, and it rinses out easily.

Also a nice tingly/cooling sensation on the scalp from this, which is a wonderful feeling during summer. The scent doesn't really linger, either.

I used up about half of my bottle in a month's time, which I guess isn't so bad because it is a pretty small bottle.

I wish they had a "not sure" bubble to click for "would you buy this product again?" because I do really like this, but I've started using the As I Am coconut cowash and it's cheaper and I like the smell better, plus it's more moisturizing, so I really don't know if I would repurchase this. But overall I do think it's a great product and it still leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy about Renpure as a brand.

Popular Shampoos