Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in 'Cherry Flip'

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in 'Cherry Flip'

4.4

on 11/4/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh, Cherry Flip, you've bought me some time in the lip gloss HG department. My absolute HG lip gloss is Giorgio Armani Flash #519. Don't try to remember that as it has been discontinued for months. It was the perfect coral-watermelon-pink sheer gloss with NO GLITTER. No frost, no shimmer, no nothing but shine. I could apply it on the fly if I had to. Not sticky. Perfect.

So yeah...lost the tube I had, then learned it was discontinued. Sadness.

I finally found a tube on ebay and while I had it in hand, went looking for a dupe. I'd seen the dupes on other sites but most of them were...discontinued. Or not quite right. Leaned too red, too blue, not sheer enough, etc.

BAM! A trip to Ulta today and I found an almost 100% dupe: Cherry Flip! I don't love the tingling but don't hate it, either. It's a fraction brighter but I can knock that down with Lipstick Queen's Black Lace and it's right at perfect, until I find another stash of #519. I'll edit when I see how it wears, but the GA #519 wasn't the greatest in the wear department, as it IS a gloss, so my expectations aren't sky-high. I just want to have an everyday alternate to my HG that's not too far off the mark, and this is it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful lipgloss. It truly is a cherry colour, an orange based cherry, but it wears a bit sheer. It adds a pop of colour without being over the top. I would even wear it to the office. It smells nice too.

It provides a tingling sensation when I wear it, which I enjoy, but I could see how that might turn some people off from this product.

I do so love Buxom. This is my second lipgloss purchase, the other being Amber. What I love about the lip cream, aside from the obvious addictive cooling sensation you get with all Buxom glosses, is its lack of glitter. Cherry Flip is a creamy, translucent neutral/cool toned (not warm - at least not on me) coral-y red. I keep this in my purse and apply when I need a pop of color. It lasts a decent while, at least through my first cup of coffee in the mornings. I wouldn't classify the texture as sticky, but I wouldn't eat while wearing this for fear of crumbs sticking to my lips. On a breezy day, though, my hair does not stick to my lips. Some Buxom shades are pretty sheer which is why I opted for this bolder color. I like to experiment with new colors, but I like this enough to repurchase (even if the only reason is because of that darn gimmicky tingle!)

on 8/23/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Dear Cherry Flip,

You're not cherry red (as your cherry name would imply)...perhaps "poppy red" as Sephora describes you, but you're actually a beautiful coral I've been searching for - bright, vibrant & not overly peachy. Your real color clearly shows through your packaging as coral......unless "cherry flip" actually means that a cherry color has flipped into something else. But your something-else coral color is exactly what I wanted. You're sheer & beautiful, very fresh & vibrant for summer (or anytime of the year). You've got killer shine, & killer icy-cold mintness, wow! So glad we finally met. :)

With love....

on 10/19/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a fan of the Buxom lip glosses for many years and decided to try their new cream lip glosses. This still has the tingle, plumping, no scent but without the very subtle glitter that most have. It seems to blend as a cream and non-sticky. I love how it smooths out my lips and plumps them a little. Also, how it moisturizes and leaves a pretty stain afterwards. The color is more of a coral on me and not cherry or deep red like Buxom in April. I love everything about these lip glosses! You just have to find the color that suits you for the moment. Price is $19.

In the past I purchased Buxom in April, Trixie, Brandi, Dolly, Sugar. I've also purchased their lipliner colors, powder foundations, primers, brush cleaner in the past. But I adore their lip glosses!