E.L.F. small tapered brush

E.L.F. small tapered brush

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite brushes that I own! I love it for setting my undereye and sweeping away bake. I got mine for $3, and I don't regret it one bit!

on 7/29/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this brush for setting my undereye concealer. It's soft and I like the shape a lot, it fits very well. I think this could also work well for contour or highlight too. It's a really good buy, feels much more luxurious than its low price. Very glad I got it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great for setting under eye concealer with powder and applying powder highlight. It is a great shape with fits exactly where you want to place the product. Cheap and effective! Also, super soft even after many washes no shedding what so ever! Great brush :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush.
It works great with contour, giving a precise blend on/under the cheekbones.
My favorite use for this brush though is highlighter. The small tapered tip allows you to get highlighter exactly on the top of the cheekbones, but also can blend highlighter in bigger motions for that ultra-highlighter look. I like it better for this than ELF's highlighter brush, due to its precision.
Overall, this brush's quality exceeds its $3 price tag. Highly recommend.

on 11/12/2016 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this brush sits somewhere in the middle of softness. It is not as soft as some of the other brushes, but softer than others. I've used this to apply powder under my eyes to set concealer but find it also useful to apply highlighter as it is small and not too stiff, nor is it too floppy. The tapered end definitely helps when getting under the eyes, or even around the nose. As with other e.l.f. brushes this one is inexpensive but good quality and easy to clean. I especially like that these brushes come with a protective sleeve which is ideal for carrying with you or when travelling. Highly recommend e.l.f. brushes.

on 12/11/2016 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best brushes ever! I originally bought this to set my undereyes, but it wasn't as tapered as I wanted nor as small. However, I've found its the most perfect brush for highlighting! I just give a couple swipes back and forth across my cheekbones and it distributes the highlight so nicely I don't have to do any further blending! Buying satisfied

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my most used makeup brush! It's so versatile, I use it for baking, contouring, blush...you name it! It is a really good size and gives nice soft coverage. The tapering is nice because you can put as much or as little product as you want and you can really control where it is going on your face. For $3, I am going to buy a few more!

on 8/5/2016 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush you can use it for anything from highlight to setting under eye concealer. I use it to give my face a subtle contour with my bronzer and it is AMAZING. It is so soft and it blends very well and no shedding. Give this a try you will love it

on 5/27/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this brush. I LOVE IT.

To keep myself from typing a 2 page essay on how much I love this brush, I'll keep it simple with a list-style review.

Why I love it:

1. It's tapered, but it doesn't some to a sharp point. It's actually rounded off at the top, which makes it GREAT for buffing makeup into the skin.

2. It's not too small and not too big. I can use it anywhere on my face with no problem at all.

3. It's nice and fluffy but not too dense, so I don't get too heavy handed OR too light handed.

4. Soft. Very soft- like a bunny's tail.

5. Sturdy- I have no shedding. I seem to rarely have shedding with most studio brushes from ELF.

6. I can use it for creams and powders.

7. Great for buffing in mineral foundation.

8. Great for buffing in cream and powder blusher.

9. Great for softly contouring and highlighting.

10. It's so inexpensive

11. I can use it for everything I wanted the Real Techniques contour brush (in the Core Collections Kit) to do. I don't have that brush, and I won't be dreaming about it anymore!

12. Not TOO dense so it doesn't irritate my skin when I use buffing motions.

Cons:

I can't really think of any for now. I'll update with further use.

Overall, I'm so glad I got this brush. Some people say it's not tapered enough, but I think that's what makes it so great for multipurpose use.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am pleasantly surprised by this little brush!! It may not be the softest brush out there, and yes it does shed, but that does not bother me, being I use this for blush and I do not mind flicking bristles off my cheeks.

I think this obviously is good for applying highlighter or bronzer or contouring powder, and perhaps setting powder under the eyes. But I like the pointed tip of this for precise blush application. A lot of brushes (yes even high end ones) end up with blush in wrong areas or just simply 'too much' in covering my face. I like the pointed tip of this and that it is more narrow to apply blush specifically where I need/want.

This also comes with a pretty cool 'sleeve' type of thing that I usppose you could re-use to store to help the bristles keep their shape.

All in all while I think a good brush pays for itself in the long run compared to more affordable brushes, I think this is a decent little brush and definitely serves a purpose. I heard this is comparable to the Sigma F35, but this Elf brush has a more pointed tip, which I like.

Nice, decent brush and surprisingly I get more use out of this than I thought I would.

Popular Makeup Brushes