E.L.F. small tapered brush

E.L.F. small tapered brush

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my most used makeup brush! It's so versatile, I use it for baking, contouring, blush...you name it! It is a really good size and gives nice soft coverage. The tapering is nice because you can put as much or as little product as you want and you can really control where it is going on your face. For $3, I am going to buy a few more!

on 5/27/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this brush. I LOVE IT.

To keep myself from typing a 2 page essay on how much I love this brush, I'll keep it simple with a list-style review.

Why I love it:

1. It's tapered, but it doesn't some to a sharp point. It's actually rounded off at the top, which makes it GREAT for buffing makeup into the skin.

2. It's not too small and not too big. I can use it anywhere on my face with no problem at all.

3. It's nice and fluffy but not too dense, so I don't get too heavy handed OR too light handed.

4. Soft. Very soft- like a bunny's tail.

5. Sturdy- I have no shedding. I seem to rarely have shedding with most studio brushes from ELF.

6. I can use it for creams and powders.

7. Great for buffing in mineral foundation.

8. Great for buffing in cream and powder blusher.

9. Great for softly contouring and highlighting.

10. It's so inexpensive

11. I can use it for everything I wanted the Real Techniques contour brush (in the Core Collections Kit) to do. I don't have that brush, and I won't be dreaming about it anymore!

12. Not TOO dense so it doesn't irritate my skin when I use buffing motions.

Cons:

I can't really think of any for now. I'll update with further use.

Overall, I'm so glad I got this brush. Some people say it's not tapered enough, but I think that's what makes it so great for multipurpose use.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am pleasantly surprised by this little brush!! It may not be the softest brush out there, and yes it does shed, but that does not bother me, being I use this for blush and I do not mind flicking bristles off my cheeks.

I think this obviously is good for applying highlighter or bronzer or contouring powder, and perhaps setting powder under the eyes. But I like the pointed tip of this for precise blush application. A lot of brushes (yes even high end ones) end up with blush in wrong areas or just simply 'too much' in covering my face. I like the pointed tip of this and that it is more narrow to apply blush specifically where I need/want.

This also comes with a pretty cool 'sleeve' type of thing that I usppose you could re-use to store to help the bristles keep their shape.

All in all while I think a good brush pays for itself in the long run compared to more affordable brushes, I think this is a decent little brush and definitely serves a purpose. I heard this is comparable to the Sigma F35, but this Elf brush has a more pointed tip, which I like.

Nice, decent brush and surprisingly I get more use out of this than I thought I would.

on 10/8/2015 10:10:00 PM

I found this brush at Dollar tree. I bought two, found that I loved it, went back and bought two more as backups! I use them for contouring, highlighting, blending in concealer, and setting my undereyes. I usually bake my undereye concealer and this is perfect for brushing off the powder when its done. I wash my brushes every Monday and its held up nicely. I haven't noticed any shedding!

on 10/1/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this brush to set my undereye concealer. It is soft and it works great. Washes well too but have slight shedding but it is so cheap, it is ok.

Excellent medium sized brush which is quite versatile. I prefer to use the brush with powder for small areas, e.g. setting concealer or applying face powder on oily parts of the face.
Can be used for highlighting as well.

I couldn't find this brush in any of my local stores, I had to purchase it from Amazon. I'm so happy I did. It's terrific! Sets my under eyes like a dream!!! :)

on 5/23/2015 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim hhahahhaha when they had a 50% discount. Usually I always search makeup brush on makeupalley before buying it. But this time I just grab it without even blinking, lol.

Pro:
-very soft and thick
-apply highlighter flawlessly (liquid or powder). I actually use this with my highbeam. Love.
- amazing at contouring with powder (I don't have any other contouring product beside powder).

cons:
I can't think about anything right now actually... This is absolutely amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Blown away by how much I love this and how I often I reach for it!

-set undereye powder
-sculpt cheekbones
-apply powder highlight
-washes well

Dense enough to get product where I want it but not so dense as to be abrasive or cause any shifting or patchiness on my face.

Reading this at 10pm and dying to get your hands on 1?
$3 and a trip to Walmart or Target and it's yours !! :)

on 4/26/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this brush! I got it for contouring and highlighting, which it does beautifully. Well made and sturdy. I bought two more I love it so much!